Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
No having my name on the Hertz board has been a rare occurrence. I do wonder if someone just picks a car in the gold choice area (assuming there is a car located there) and goes to the exit if they would be OK.

Not having my name on the board would make me wonder if there was an active reservation/record which could be accessed when exiting the lot.

If it ever happens again I might try it...
I've done this when I rented mid-size. Name wasn't on the board, long line... grabbed a gold choice and just drove out. The guy at the gate did something on his computer so it was noted but no issues
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by teeceedee
I've done this when I rented mid-size. Name wasn't on the board, long line... grabbed a gold choice and just drove out. The guy at the gate did something on his computer so it was noted but no issues
Good to know. Thanks for the post.
This will be what I try the next time my name is missing from the board.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:55 pm

Should someone adjust the wiki to indicate that the mileage bonuses apply only when the UA CDP is used, which creates a rental rate far higher than the value of the extra bonus miles for almost all Hertz clients? It seems to me this is key to the entire issue, and if a casual reader doesn't appreciate this, he/she is wasting a lot of time.

Last edited by Starman; Nov 12, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Think I'm cursed w/Hertz

...since I got PC. Seriously...can't wait til there's the UA influx. Should get even more fun.

Today at MSP - despite booking my usual Standard, the car they assigned me was a Compact (a Mazda 2...I like the 3, but a 2, come on).
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I signed up, only since Hertz is our backup provider for auto rental corporately. Rare I'll ever rent from them but it's possible so figure why not.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
On November 1st I rented a car in Chicago for 1 day, and last night I got the 500 miles on my account. Nice ^
I rented on November 4th and got 500 miles. Problem is I was supposed to get 1,250. Called the MP line and nobody has any idea about it. They ended up just giving me the 750 instead of trying to fix whatever the problem was.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by Boghopper
I rented on November 4th and got 500 miles. Problem is I was supposed to get 1,250. Called the MP line and nobody has any idea about it. They ended up just giving me the 750 instead of trying to fix whatever the problem was.
The day after I thought about this also. I emailed 1K about it, received an answer after 18 minutes....that's right, 18 minutes!!!
The day after I noticed on my account:
1/11/2014 Hertz Premier Platinum 1K GS Bonus 750 ^

Way to go UA

Oh...btw, I even used my Hertz employee CDP number.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No thanks

Thrifty mid-sized $121 all-in.
Hurts intermediate via UA CDP $199 all-in.
Same 4 days 11/22-26 at IAH.

Among the "enhanced" fees with Hurts - $7 shuttle bus charge vs $4 at Thrifty. Same bus goes to rental car center. Maybe Thrifty gives its renters a discount for having to share ride with Hurts renters.

Let's see. That's $78 for 750 more miles.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 19, 2014 at 6:21 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty certain from July 15 onward I'll be going the Priceline route (a car is a car, right?) And see how that shakes out. I'm hoping for a National match, we'll see how that works. I think at the end of the current year on my card I'll cancel it, and ask Chase to move the credit line over to a CSP instead. UA seems to be doing whatever it can to annoy fliers. As much as I've disliked Delta, they haven't done too much to annoy me lately.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:28 pm

United/Hertz partnership - where to sign up?

I have not received my UA Kit yet, but does anyone know how to register for Hertz status as it mentions that the partnership begins Jan 1 2015. Thanks.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...574432233.html
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Check back for details on how to enroll and for terms and conditions in January 2015.

Hertz Offer
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
The day after I thought about this also. I emailed 1K about it, received an answer after 18 minutes....that's right, 18 minutes!!!
The day after I noticed on my account:
1/11/2014 Hertz Premier Platinum 1K GS Bonus 750 ^

Way to go UA

Oh...btw, I even used my Hertz employee CDP number.
I had a rental from 12/10/14. Booked through United and with United CDP. I noticed I was only credited 500 miles. I just now saw your posts and decided to call United. They told me that the miles come in 2 separate transactions. One for the base 500 miles and another 750 as a elite bonus. Was told it can take up to 6 weeks for the miles to credit and to call back mid January if it is not there.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
Well, Today is the Big Day!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Bozzie4
YAWN
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by Bozzie4
"Check back for details on how to enroll and for terms and conditions in January 2015."

There's 30 more days in January

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.