Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
NJRonbo, you are spot on with the consensus here. Just keep using AVIS and ignore the Hertz noise. Our Presidential Plus benefit is being honored by AVIS this year and they are creating a new program, so we can see what it looks like when that time comes.
This sounds rather optimistic.

You really think there could be some better changes on the way?

Is it worth me writing a letter to the Presidential Club and expressing my dissatisfaction with the fact that they have partnered with HERTZ and that it brings the value of our membership down a good couple notches?

BTW, I am aware that we still do have a year left of the AVIS deal, which is nice.

Thanks for the response.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJRonbo
You can't get luxury upgrades with this new Hertz deal.
Well, you can... you just have to pay for them instead of getting them for free.

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
And, if I read correctly, the deal only calls for one class upgrade with a full-size being the max you can upgrade to.
Yes, and Hertz the last several years has really stratified their offerings such that that one-class upgrade is often to a nearly-identical car (or in some cases, to a crappier car that nonetheless counts as an "upgrade"). Renting mid-sized and "intermediates," it seems like I always end up in a Nissan Versa, which is a horrid car. Renting economy and compact classes, I often end up in ... Nissan Versas.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton
has this been everyone's experience? i've been waiting for 3 days.
I too have been waiting since last weekend
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
As someone who "earned" PC for the first time last year...just be prepared to be underwhelmed folks, and you'll do just fine
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
Applied on January 1st, nothing has happened yet

Originally Posted by akhan7
I too have been waiting since last weekend
I rented from Hertz on 1/4 and got no special recognition, upgrade, or anything else. I've got another rental scheduled for 1/11. Considering moving to Avis as a vote of dissatisfaction.

When I log into my Hertz account I think there's no indication of any special status.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have never seen any status indication on the Hertz home page.

If you log in, click on my account and then view account profile, there is an indication at the top of the page of your Hertz Status.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
The only thing you get is a closer slot for your car to the door usually.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:42 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philfna
The only thing you get is a closer slot for your car to the door usually.
And IME, frequently not even that.

I'd say at least 60% of my PC rentals at larger facilities are located at the back corner of the lot farthest away (rarely are they ever in the President's Circle & Prestige Collection-signed area; less than 10% of the time IME).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
The best benefit will be a status match to National Executive Elite.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
The best benefit will be a status match to National Executive Elite.
Tell me more?

The Hertz lady at DAY hated me. She was a GA for Frontier and I got snotty with her once and it was game on. Bad cars, worse service. I think she tried to kill me with a defective car once.

Upgrades- HA! Maybe at larger stations, but at CRJish place, they just don't have the cars to do it. +1 on the car not being close to the bus. SFO Hertz always treated me well with upgrades, beyond that, not so much. Recently had ad a 7-passenger SUV (Some Dodge POC) and it didn't have a back-up camera. Are you kidding me?

I use Hertz because I do get in and out fast with little hassle. I also accumulate enough Hertz points to rent a family truckster for vacations. I don't see that as an option with Avis??

I applied earlier this week since I had 19 reservations last year, but I haven't gotten an email back, though I still have PC on my hertz account profile.

With Hertz, is it better to get miles or Hertz points- I do use all my hertz points for vacation rentals.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:09 pm

How do you check online your status with Hertz? Can't figure it out
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
How do you check online your status with Hertz? Can't figure it out
www.hertz.com

login

click on My Account
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
For people checking their status, you can also click on "Print Card" and it will show your card which will indicate status (and it won't print anything.)

I'm interested in the National status match myself as National is our corporate contract for rental cars.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:29 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by aacharya
www.hertz.com

login

click on My Account
Mine says Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Shouldn't it say Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Glad I found this. Still Plat for a couple of more weeks which means match to PC. I didn't make EE again on National, so I was going to drop to Exec, but now should be able to match back to EE based off of PC. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.