Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:29 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
And is that the only way he will earn Hertz points if he selects UA miles?
Yes. One cannot earn both Airline mileage AND Hertz points for each rental. He will only get the bonus Hertz points after 15 rentals, unless Hertz does a promo at some point in the future in which one can earn both. I doubt they will do this, but one never knows.

A couple of years ago, I believe it was Choice Hotels that ran a promo in which one could earn both Choice Points and airline mileage. I remember double dipping for that.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
Applied 12 January upgraded to PC today! Looks as though the system has finally got its act together

Same here. Thanks for posting (and making me check).
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:49 pm
RNE

On the iPhone app I'm President's Circle. On the website I'm Five Star. Go figure.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Applied January 9, finally upgraded to PC today
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Thanks, mine posted as well. Applied Jan. 5.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Applied 1/9, upgrade to PC just posted. And I'm a 2014 1K, did not qualify for 2015 since I moved to AA.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:34 am
mkr
Suspended

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by UAL1200
Applied 1/9, upgrade to PC just posted. And I'm a 2014 1K, did not qualify for 2015 since I moved to AA.
If you are still a MP Platinum, you would have qualified for the Hertz Upgrade to President's Circle.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
mkr
Suspended

Although I checked on the Hertz website on 1/15 and found in my profile that I had been upgraded to President's Circle, I have yet to be notified by either MileagePlus or Hertz that my status has been upgraded.

I suggest everyone check their Hertz profile online to see if your status was upgraded. It appears MileagePlus and Hertz are both slow on notifications.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

Mine also got updated.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by mkr
Although I checked on the Hertz website on 1/15 and found in my profile that I had been upgraded to President's Circle, I have yet to be notified by either MileagePlus or Hertz that my status has been upgraded.

I suggest everyone check their Hertz profile online to see if your status was upgraded. It appears MileagePlus and Hertz are both slow on notifications.
Sure enough, I am upgraded but I have yet to get notification.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:25 pm
mkr
Suspended

Originally Posted by mkr

Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Sure enough, I am upgraded but I have yet to get notification.

One can also print out their upgraded Hertz membership card from the Hertz website to take with you in the event it is needed at a Hertz location
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:14 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
On the iPhone app I'm President's Circle. On the website I'm Five Star. Go figure.
Now I'm President's Circle on both the app and the website. ^

RNE, opining that because I am a Premier Platinum and a holder of the Presidential Plus credit card—both of which qualify for President's Circle—shouldn't I get a status better than President's Circle? CEO's Circle, perhaps?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RNE
... RNE, opining that because I am a Premier Platinum and a holder of the Presidential Plus credit card—both of which qualify for President's Circle—shouldn't I get a status better than President's Circle? CEO's Circle, perhaps?
And what would a 1 K or GS and PP or Club holder be?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 am
RNE

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And what would a 1 K or GS and PP or Club holder be?
"Chairman of the Board's Circle," natch.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Just took a look and the Hertz site shows my status at PC as well (applied 1/3). Like many others here, no notice from United/Hertz confirming the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.