Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
As many others have noted, my account now reflects President's Club properly.

Originally requested on 1/1 and confirmed 1/15.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
also updated.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:31 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
So from reports that have come in thus far, it appears to take up to 2 calendar weeks to get the upgrades with Hertz after signing up.

So far, those reporting have all been upgraded to President's Circle. We have yet to hear from anyone who upgraded to Five Star Status. Are there any of you out there?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by mkr
So from reports that have come in thus far, it appears to take up to 2 calendar weeks to get the upgrades with Hertz after signing up.

So far, those reporting have all been upgraded to President's Circle. We have yet to hear from anyone who upgraded to Five Star Status. Are there any of you out there?
The benefit is supposed to be PC not 5*. I just got my PC status. Since I am an Avis First and now also a Hertz PC I kind of get the best of both worlds this year. Since Avis is dragging its feet on changes to their program, this may be the year I switch back to Hertz since I will clearly also earn more miles and, at this point, have a rewards program I like.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
The benefit is supposed to be PC not 5*...
Pulled from the United / Hertz enrollment site.

Hertz President’s Circle® status for:
Primary Cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential Plus℠ Cards
MileagePlus members with Premier® Platinum status or higher
Hertz Five Star® status for:
MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
The benefit is supposed to be PC not 5*. I just got my PC status.
Ah FT, where everyone's a 1K.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
My status updated to President's Circle overnight tho according to http://united.com/hertzstatus, I'm still being processed
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
My status updated to President's Circle overnight tho according to http://united.com/hertzstatus, I'm still being processed
Same here - I applied on 1/8. Check yesterday and was still Gold. This morning was President's Circle
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by TexasTea
Pulled from the United / Hertz enrollment site.

Hertz President’s Circle® status for:
Primary Cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential Plus℠ Cards
MileagePlus members with Premier® Platinum status or higher
Hertz Five Star® status for:
MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Oops, noted.
But note that Platinum also gets Hertz PC.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
Made an Avis reservation while waiting for Hertz not sure who to use

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Qualified for mine by having a Presidential Plus MC. Finally got my status.

I've got an upcoming rental next week.

Avis - Standard, will get 800 AA miles (because of Avis/AA 4X miles promo)
Hertz - Intermediate, will get 1000 UA miles (because I'm UA Silver).

Prices are within pennies of each other. AA and UA miles are of equal value to me. So it comes down to:

I'm leaning toward Hertz because I'll get a slight rewards advantage now, a larger advantage after the Avis promotion ends, and enough Hertz reward points to earn a few free rental days per year. Of course I'm playing into United/Hertz's hand, since that is exactly what they're trying to accomplish. I suppose I'm okay with that if it is a win/win.

Feedback appreciated.
        Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:36 pm
        mkr
        Suspended

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
        Originally Posted by RobH
        Qualified for mine by having a Presidential Plus MC. Finally got my status.

I've got an upcoming rental next week.

Avis - Standard, will get 800 AA miles (because of Avis/AA 4X miles promo)
        Hertz - Intermediate, will get 1000 UA miles (because I'm UA Silver).

Prices are within pennies of each other. AA and UA miles are of equal value to me. So it comes down to:

I'm leaning toward Hertz because I'll get a slight rewards advantage now, a larger advantage after the Avis promotion ends, and enough Hertz reward points to earn a few free rental days per year. Of course I'm playing into United/Hertz's hand, since that is exactly what they're trying to accomplish. I suppose I'm okay with that if it is a win/win.

Feedback appreciated.
              I am not real sure what you are trying to accomplish here. One cannot earn both UA MileagePlus Miles AND Hertz points on the same rental. One has to choose.

From the Hertz Website:

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star

A Preferred Level of Service - Now earned with only 7 rentals annually. The more you rent, the better the benefits you’ll receive:
              •One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)
              •10% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Points (not on airline miles)
              •675 Rewards Points after every 15 qualifying rentals
              •Plus, all Gold member benefits

A midsize for 2 free weekend rental days is 1100 Hertz points, and is not always available at All locations, Hertz sometimes runs some special offers on their website for weekend rentals.

Last edited by mkr; Jan 16, 2015 at 2:53 pm Reason: replace President's Circle Info with Five Star
              Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
              Originally Posted by mkr
              One cannot earn both UA MileagePlus Miles AND Hertz points on the same rental.
              It is my interpretation that I'll earn 1000 miles per rental (which will bump to 1250 at some point if I earn a higher level of UA status).
              Additionally I'll earn 675 Hertz points after 15 rentals. (hertz.com does say "qualifying rentals," but never defines the term).

What I want to do is earn 15,000 UA miles and 675 Hertz points for every 15 rentals. The Hertz points aren't rewarded for the individual rentals, all of which will earn UA miles.

Can I do this?
              Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
              Applied 12 January upgraded to PC today! Looks as though the system has finally got its act together
              Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:19 pm
              mkr
              Suspended

Originally Posted by RobH
              It is my interpretation that I'll earn 1000 miles per rental (which will bump to 1250 at some point if I earn a higher level of UA status).
              Additionally I'll earn 675 Hertz points after 15 rentals. (hertz.com does say "qualifying rentals," but never defines the term).

What I want to do is earn 15,000 UA miles and 675 Hertz points for every 15 rentals. The Hertz points aren't rewarded for the individual rentals, all of which will earn UA miles.

Can I do this?
              Yes. One can do this. However, those 675 Hertz points do not go far. It takes 1100 Hertz points for a two day weekend rental with a midsize, and these are not always available at all locations, nor on the specific weekend you may need a car.
              Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mkr
              Yes. One can do this. However, those 675 Hertz points do not go far. It takes 1100 Hertz points for a two day weekend rental with a midsize, and these are not always available at all locations, nor on the specific weekend you may need a car.
              And is that the only way he will earn Hertz points if he selects UA miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.