Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:30 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Check in problem CDG SFO

Anybody having check in issues today? My flight tomorrow ex - CDG gives a strange pop up window on the app that says "none" and laptop says check in not available...and no " time to check in " has been received. IT issue?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Yes, I am having the same issue and it is apparently a known problem. I am currently waiting to board in Maui and on top of everything that they have been through today, all of the self-serve kiosk and web check-in services are down. It appears they have to do everything manually.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
My issue resolved after a few hours. Keep checking and good luck with all on your trip....
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:09 am

It’s still a problem
may least my boarding pass updated
- got lost more than once today

my travel partner just lost her electronic boarding pass and the paper one is not correct

This experience has been my absolute worse United irrops snafu

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 10, 2023 at 11:35 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Hmmm... May or may not be related... OKC this morning (~4:30 AM local, 0930 UTC) all of the UA kiosks were showing "CLOSED" (with various combinations of red, green, and Yellow attention bars)... An agent checked me in the good old fashioned way.

Had assumed that perhaps they hadn't officially opened yet (I was far from the first passenger however)

Last edited by lincolnjkc; Aug 10, 2023 at 4:20 am
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:56 am

Trying to get to msy
due to irrops, multiple rescheduling but can’t check in or easily pick seat

a huge mess
Old Aug 10, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by mfirst
Trying to get to msy
due to irrops, multiple rescheduling but can’t check in or easily pick seat

a huge mess
Gee, could a major disaster be part of the problem? Can't really seem calling this a major UA failure.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:36 am

Let’s start with unable to check in for flights and no electronic boarding passes

1k cs can’t access my records
Old Aug 14, 2023, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Found a small glitch when requesting email of itinerary. The fare class correctly shows PZ, but is labeled as economy.
I think this is fairly new as I would have noticed it before.

On web, shows PZ and First / Polaris Business as expected.

Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
United.com has broken something else now. You can't click on "Change Flights" and use a multi-city code (NYC/WAS/LON/etc.). The search simply errors out.

For example I have an upcoming DCA-IAH flight that is the middle of a ticket I've already flown the outbound on. When I try to change the flight and search for "WAS (Washington - All Airports)" I get the following:

This is new as of this week. Just last week I was able to search for flight changes using NYC without issue.

Please fix this UA. I have no clue what you changed to even break this.

-RM
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
United.com has broken something else now. You can't click on "Change Flights" and use a multi-city code (NYC/WAS/LON/etc.). The search simply errors out.

For example I have an upcoming DCA-IAH flight that is the middle of a ticket I've already flown the outbound on. When I try to change the flight and search for "WAS (Washington - All Airports)" I get the following:

This is new as of this week. Just last week I was able to search for flight changes using NYC without issue.

Please fix this UA. I have no clue what you changed to even break this.

-RM
I ran into this too when I tried to change the return portion of a ticket yesterday. I thought it was because of the extra segments from a cancellation and subsequent rebooking (with a different number of segments) that were still showing on my reservation. Perhaps nt. Calling in resulted in the change being made, but I couldn't do it myself.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My e-mail is marked Unverified under Profile -> Personal Information. It never e-mails me after I hit Verify. I get e-mails from UA fine.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks.

PS: earlier I also had problem with the phone verification - it did not text me after many tries - then suddenly I got a bunch (since I kept retrying).

Last edited by username; Sep 20, 2023 at 12:12 am
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Anyone able to log into their United account at the moment?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Anyone able to log into their United account at the moment?
App was giving me grief a moment ago, but close and restart it worked. Had to log in completely anew.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I ran into this too when I tried to change the return portion of a ticket yesterday. I thought it was because of the extra segments from a cancellation and subsequent rebooking (with a different number of segments) that were still showing on my reservation. Perhaps nt. Calling in resulted in the change being made, but I couldn't do it myself.
It's still broken. Just tried again today changing EWR-xxx to NYC-xxx and it barfs immediately. UGHHHH. Just means a lot more clicking and searching when WAS/NYC/LON/etc. are all valid multi-city codes.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.