Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 18, 4:23 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

02 Jan 2016 -- United.com completely inaccessible. 500 Internal Server Error or no response whatsoever. Down as of about 9:50 PM CST. Mobile apps also unavailable for reservations and flight status.
10:45 PM CST update Website back online, but all core functionality still unavailable.
10:52 PM CST update Functionality restored.
03 Jan 2016 -- 1:08 a.m. CST update -- Members report all reservations have vanished, unable to check-in for flights.
03 Jan 2016 -- 7:32 a.m. CST update -- Mobile/OLCI now working, Reservations now visible, Boarding Passes appearing on app.

Late Dec. 2015 - Jan. 2016 -- mystatus.united.com down; intermittently available; a known issue by UA which has posted a "down for maintenance page".

20 Jan 2016. 5:30 CST. Search tool "unable to process" and "data services unavailable." Logins failing, pages do not load or load very slowly. Issues continue as of 6;30pm CST.
Issues seem to continue as of Feb 20, 21:00pm UTC

16 Mar 2016, continuing beyond 21 Mar 2016 - Fare bucket info not available while in expert mode except for the second flight in a connecting itinerary. [Many report that the second flight data is unreliable.] See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-working.html

Starting late March 2016, intermittent problems booking flights on united.com, with some reporting that problems extend to UA agents' booking systems. Problems became steady about 4 Apr. 2016, continuing at least to 6 Apr. 2016.

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 11, 17, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC
Okay, booking flights on united.com is almost impossible for me these days. I've been trying for days.

The problem with me not being able to select GPU as an upgrade option continues. This option appears maybe one out of ten times I log in. So it's a tedious process.

So, for revenue tickets I get this: two different pricing for same fare class (E).
And then (not quite as problematic) "C" class listed under economy.

I have booked SAS on my last two trips because of .bomb.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 11, 17, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

This one is [relatively] new:"There may be additional options at nearby airports

Flights may be available at airports near Beijing, CN (PEK - Capital).Search nearby airports"

Not sure which airports United thinks are close to PEK that would give any decent results?
Maybe they think Beijing Daxing is already open, or Beijing Nanyuan offers anything worthwhile?

Last edited by narvik; Jan 11, 17 at 11:07 pm
Old Jan 12, 17, 12:27 pm
2018 Secret Santa

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Gold, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
mystatus is currently down, maybe since it's the previously mentioned decision day for GS.
Old Jan 17, 17, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Is it just me or is booking ANY flight on united.com taking longer and longer?
I can't recall having this much trouble in the past, or maybe I am losing my patience in my young age? It's a struggle each time I try and book my flights nowadays.

How do most of you book flights these days? Look online and then call it in? There MUST be a better way than what I am doing.

Recent search shows ALL flights as "coach":
Attached Images  
Old Jan 18, 17, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I have a couple issues, but not sure if it's website-related or more a back end system issue:

1. Any itinerary booked through my corporate travel department via Concur does not show any PQM/PQS/PQD earning information on .com, mobile or on the original receipt. This is new for all trips I've booked in 2017. Trips that I've booked personally on .com or mobile show everything normally.

2. I've tried to upgrade several Concur-booked PNRs with RPUs (R available) via .com and when trying to click "Purchase and select seats" it blows up and says request cannot be completed. I have to call to complete the upgrade.

Common theme is Concur-booked PNRs are playing well with UA's systems.
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SY, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper View Post
1. Any itinerary booked through my corporate travel department via Concur does not show any PQM/PQS/PQD earning information on .com, mobile or on the original receipt. This is new for all trips I've booked in 2017. Trips that I've booked personally on .com or mobile show everything normally.

2. I've tried to upgrade several Concur-booked PNRs with RPUs (R available) via .com and when trying to click "Purchase and select seats" it blows up and says request cannot be completed. I have to call to complete the upgrade.
For #1, I had the same experience last year. Everything posted normally. If I recall it was only round trips booked in Concur that didn't show earnings.

For #2, I've never cleared an instrument successfully from "Manage Reservations"; always had to call
Old Jan 19, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by findark View Post
For #1, I had the same experience last year. Everything posted normally. If I recall it was only round trips booked in Concur that didn't show earnings.

For #2, I've never cleared an instrument successfully from "Manage Reservations"; always had to call
You're spot on - first flights just credited yesterday. Called the MP service center and they said they've got a new backend system and apparently Concur and other travel agent tools haven't been fully integrated at this point.
Old Jan 19, 17, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I had a day trip Tuesday, out to DCA on UA, and back to IND on Delta. UA flights upgraded fine with RPU until very last step, then barfed. I called UA, the agent said it was because my corporate folks had put both flights (different tickets) on the same record locator. The GS agent was able to apply the RPU.

Common theme is Concur-booked PNRs are playing well with UA's systems.
Did you omit a "not" there?
Old Jan 24, 17, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Have an itinerary booked via United.com that was working fine, then applied a GPU request to Lufthansa (waitlist) and while it looks like everything is fine there is now no date in the "Trip Date" column on "View Reservations". It also means it is out of order, not that it really matters.

eTicket looks ok, and on the main United homepage in the My Trips box it shows a date, so I'm guessing something weird is going on specifically on that page but....odd.

Relevant to the discussion above, another trip that was booked via Concur worked fine just yesterday with applying and clearing a GPU online.
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:10 pm

Anyone else is seeing "please contact mileageplus service center for assistance with your account" when trying to log into the website?

Or is this an issue with my account?
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Anyone else is seeing "please contact mileageplus service center for assistance with your account" when trying to log into the website?

Might just be you? Logged in and booked a flight just now, no issues. I'd try deleting your cookies first on your browser. Note that this will enforce your 'additional security measure questions' as United will think that you've never logged onto their site with your computer before.
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, WN

It just happened to me, too.

I was able to get in on the app AND the mobile website from my phone. Trying to log into the full site via phone ended up with the same message.

Last edited by sidne; Jan 31, 17 at 10:23 pm Reason: additional information
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA MM(Finally); SPG Gold;Avis PS;Aloha Silver (RIP); HA Premier; HH Gold

I'm having the same issues currently
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:17 pm
tp1

This is happening with my account and my kids' accounts too.
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:28 pm

I'm currently seeing that error on my account.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: