Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
At least CPU runs seem to be unaffected- two came in for a flight this weekend
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
How is this a meltdown? 🙄🙄
PVDtoDEL, LBBflyer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I’m trying to check on my flights out of LAS tomorrow. It’s 103, it is me that is melting.
milesandmoremiles likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
More sensationalist UA bashing headlines. Good luck anywhere else. Like IT issues are unique to UA.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA GS
Hope it's not another one of those "changes you're going to like"😉
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
How is this a meltdown? 🙄🙄
Everything is a meltdown or a nightmare. People can't handle any adversity. Just relax.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
I've got to say, while this IT snafu is a very minor inconvenience, I've been considering how, relative to other carriers, United actually seems to be doing pretty well operationally.

I understand that, this past weekend, Delta's operations were essentially in tatters. Meanwhile, American's been cancelling flights regularly. And, that way (points east), BA appears to be having an annus horribilis, such that I'd strongly look for connections on European carriers if traveling from the U.S. to the Continent.

So, while United Clubs lag Sky Clubs (you should have seen the spread at the DL LGA lounge -- large, well-seasoned cuts of chicken and salmon) and UA still needs to restore its Polaris catering, I consider myself fortunate that my main carrier is still relatively reliable. (Except, of course, from DCA to EWR. But that's for a different thread.)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:24 pm

Been testing a number of flights with mixed results of visibility. No rhyme or reason that I can discern.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
My flight today is back up. Yesterday I was #1 on the list with 2 seats available, now I’m number two with one seat…closest I have gotten to a CPU upgrade in years…
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:41 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Babysitting a trip, and just had an error message telling me my 6-digit alphanumeric PNR is not valid. WTH? On backing out, it then showed me the page. Leaving that page, it told me it did not recognize the page I was trying to access — and then sent me back to it anyway. Clearly some residual problems in the system.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1P
Babysitting a trip, and just had an error message telling me my 6-digit alphanumeric PNR is not valid. WTH? On backing out, it then showed me the page. Leaving that page, it told me it did not recognize the page I was trying to access — and then sent me back to it anyway. Clearly some residual problems in the system.
Yes, I am getting occasional errors saying PNR/name mismatch that resolve when just trying again.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:31 am

Upgrade waitlist issues seem to be fixed.....at least for the flights that I tested.👍
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
So, have a couple flights booked for my fiance and her sister later this fall. Second schedule update in the last week or two, this time just flight numbers, but they lost their seat assignments and I can't select the seats again, either the website or in the app. App gets an error, website just let's you select but then doesn't reflect it in the reservation.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
So, have a couple flights booked for my fiance and her sister later this fall. Second schedule update in the last week or two, this time just flight numbers, but they lost their seat assignments and I can't select the seats again, either the website or in the app. App gets an error, website just let's you select but then doesn't reflect it in the reservation.
This is sometimes and issue in the middle of a schedule change. Wait a few hours and try again
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by N104UA
This is sometimes and issue in the middle of a schedule change. Wait a few hours and try again
Thanks... looked again this morning and the original seat assignments were restored. pluspoints upgrade request on one of them disappeared but not a big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.