Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM

I've had zero success getting checked in for a flight tomorrow despite multiple calls to UA. Now this while trying to log into united.com:

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.
To sign in, please enter your MileagePlus number and Personal Identification Number and then click Sign In. You can also enter the username and password you may have created in the Account Settings area of My Account and then click Sign In.

Not a MileagePlus member? Enroll online instantly.

! Please contact the MileagePlus Service Center for assistance with your account.
I am beyond fed up with integration problems. Seriously.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Me too, just trying to book a ticket! Hey-ho more money for American
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Me three. Same error message.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 am
Original Poster

And this (all day):

Unable to Complete Check-in

We are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:07 pm

And today again
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:33 pm

1K more than 90 minutes on hold on telephone, cannot log in for multiple hours, finally logged in and now get an error message at the very end of the booking ie cannot be completed.

Business is going elsewhere again this week.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I noticed several times if I check "remember me" it flips me back to log on screen. If I don't check it then it's OK. Not sure if it's the same problem you're having.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA, previously of CO.
Originally Posted by zigzagg900
I noticed several times if I check "remember me" it flips me back to log on screen. If I don't check it then it's OK. Not sure if it's the same problem you're having.
It is kicking me back out to the login screen every time, even when I don't check the box. I haven't followed through booking a ticket because it won't let me choose E+ or exit row seats.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:57 pm

I've had this issue intermittently for the past week. Though each time never lasted more than 30 min. After each time I have not noticed any changes to my account like a "resweep"
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djmp
And this (all day):
Could not check in online. Reservations and web support tried and tried to resolve it. They couldn't and after more than 1 hour on the phone they left me no option other than early check in at the airport. The reservations supervisor was very apologetic and as compensation said he'd refunded my RPUs. They have not appeared.

At the airport, SFO "Elite" check in was a complete zoo at 8am. The airport agent kept getting a check in error too and called support. They made her split the reservation (was two pax, made per-merger) and only then could we check in.

I really dislike this whole merger. It's an appalling experience for customers and every, repeat every, customer facing member of staff I've met has commented negatively on it on both the UA and CO sides.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

I have been trying to make a booking for the past 20 minutes or so but cannot get even the homepage to come up. All the other sites are functioning as expected.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
It's working for me.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by donjo
It's working for me.
Interesting. It is definitely down or could be some sort of routing issue. I am currently in Europe and all other US sites are working just fine.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I've been using the last hr in PHL--no problems here.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Working fine from LA too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.