Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
not a chance,
worst case the PlusPoints will be pulled, best case (an may be most likely) is nothing will happen

Dis you cancel online or with an agent?
Canceled online.

Then I tried to apply PP again, but it won't allow me.

Originally Posted by cfischer
Plenty of +Ps WLs not showing on the web these days but they are showing in the app. Who knows. Let us know what happens
Okay.

Still, how can upgrade be waitlisted when PP is not requested....
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
not a chance,
worst case the PlusPoints will be pulled, best case (an may be most likely) is nothing will happen
A surprise.

Upgrade cleared at the gate, without PP deducted.

I should keep my mouth shut.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Is anyone getting an Error when trying to purchase tickets? I tried both last night and this morning from both the website and the app.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Is anyone getting an Error when trying to purchase tickets? I tried both last night and this morning from both the website and the app.
Search was glitchy for me about 9 this morning but has since recovered. Bought a couple tickets no problem.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
All of my future flight credits require calling in to use; the web site claims the names don't match my name. This seems to be a fairly recent problem.

Calling in works, but it's annoying and has to be done every time I want to use the credits.
FWIW, United fixed this some time in April--I made two bookings successfully off of future flight credits, and even combined 3 sets of credits on one of them. Kudos for them fixing the issue!
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and N104UA like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Had a weird issue with UA.com today.

Attempting to split a 3 passenger PNR by issuing a Change Flight and selecting only 2 of the passengers. UA gave me an error that "Unaccompanied Minor: Passengers 14 years old or younger must travel with an adult"

Which was odd, because all 3 travelers are over age 35. 😂

I thought the Date of Birth must have been entered wrong at booking, but calling UA and speaking with an agent confirmed the birthdates were all correct.
They couldn't explain what happened that UA.com was getting this so wrong, but were able to split the PNR for me from their end without issue.
​​​​​​
Old May 30, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
United payment processing issues?

I was trying to book a flight today on the app using a future flight credit, and got a random error. Went to the PC and the buy button just spun in circles on checkout (no error).

Called in to do it and the agent got an error to contact the card issuer. Tried another card... same issue. Tried to call back and wait times have ballooned due to "technical difficulties".

Anyone else seeing issues?
Old May 30, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Currently, there is a banner across the top of the website that says "We’re aware of a temporary technical issue affecting united.com and the mobile app. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to resolve the issue quickly." I just ran into a similar issue.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
UA IT meltdown - can't display upgrade or standby lists 2022-06-16

For the last couple of hours the UA app (Android) has crashed every time I tried to load the upgrade list. The web site shows an error instead of displaying the upgrade list or the standby list. Gates at EWR seem to be displaying incorrect information for these two as well. I can see the seat map changing and I hope my Polaris upgrade clears, but I have no idea where I am on the list. The web site shws this:

aindfan and Pilotb like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Agree, been unable to see the standby and upgrade lists for 4 hours. 1k desk is also unable to view. Gate agents are able to see standby and upgrade details
cheltenhamflyer likes this.

Last edited by jimdarcy; Jun 16, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Agree, been unable to see the standby and upgrade lists for 4 hours. 1k desk is also unable to view. Gate agents are able to see standby and upgrade details
Also on iOS and mac desktop
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Yep, as of 4pm Eastern time it was up. I was #1 on the list with two seats left for a flight tomorrow. Still not up now almost 9pm. ‘Glad’ to hear that is is not just my flight, I was worried they were messing with the plane or something…
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Not being able to see the upgrade list is a blessing in disguise.
Xyzzy, keisari and BlueZebra like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Let’s be honest here, is not seeing the upgrade list truly an “IT Meltdown?”

After experiencing another airline’s complete operational implosion over Memorial Day weekend I’d consider this more of a temporary inconvenience IMO.

Two weeks and still waiting to get my son’s hockey equipment back. If anyone sees a stick, skates, or shoulder pads lying on the ramp somewhere please have them ship it back to Atlanta!

Last edited by clubord; Jun 16, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by clubord
Let’s be honest here, is not seeing the upgrade list truly an “IT Meltdown?”
Agree, not actually a meltdown in my view. My idea of an airline IT meltdown is BA canceling flights because they need to check passenger manifests by hand.
saccoNY, D582 and United747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.