Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Computer Outage 1/25/2022

Waiting for UA252 departure. Captain just announced a system wide computer outage. Standby and Upgrade lists show that the system is having issues.

Edit: Flight statuses are now reflecting the outage:
We want you to know your flight is departing late because we are working to resolve an issue affecting our computer systems. We value your time and we're sorry for the inconvenience. (Estimated Departure 30 Minutes Late)

Last edited by bdraco; Jan 26, 2022 at 12:08 am
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Seems like its back up now.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
united.com is wonky tonight, trying purchase a flight
We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.

also very slow in bring up flight options
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
United Technical Problems Database

Today: Windows/Chrome website will still not allow a ticket purchase using TravelBank funds, similar experience(s) for the past 9 months.

Today: Mobile app, on both iPad and iPhone, will not allow input of a second traveler’s birthdate, defaults to the current date no matter what.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Over the last two days, I've been getting a saved password error signing in to UA.com.

Clicking the sign in button again, without any changes, gets past it. Weird.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
All huge websites have ongoing technical problems during the virus disaster. I've had issues with UA, Hilton, IHG, Virgin over the months. Good one day, wanky the next. Fine on one browser, crippled on another. I suspect that the lack of revenue has led to cuts in IT support along the way. I've solved a couple of urgent issues with United via Chat. Cumbersome, but it's worked. Good agents but they're spread too thin, so it takes forever. BTW, I don't think it's a good idea to save passwords if you have assets in the a/c.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by seanp7
Over the last two days, I've been getting a saved password error signing in to UA.com.

Noticed this as well.
LHR Wannabee likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

I have had this issue for months, may be browser coding related issue
Instead of clicking on Sign In, click on the password and then enter seems to work
seanp7 and Say Vandelay like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I have had this issue for months, may be browser coding related issue
Instead of clicking on Sign In, click on the password and then enter seems to work
That used to work for me when an error occurred sporadically, and I'd use the same workaround.

Now it's 100% every time and a second click on 'Sign In' resolves it instantly. Could well be Google Chrome, but I'm not seeing it elsewhere.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
That used to work for me when an error occurred sporadically, and I'd use the same workaround.

Now it's 100% every time and a second click on 'Sign In' resolves it instantly. Could well be Google Chrome, but I'm not seeing it elsewhere.
Have you tried other browsers?

David
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Have you tried other browsers?

David
Google Chrome & MS Edge both have the same issues (for me). I don't really feel like downloading another browser just for this, and other websites are fine.

I will clear the cache and see if that helps.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Website and app both seem to be having ticketing issues as of 1pm PST. A PNR is generated but no ticket is issued--this was for a pure-UA domestic revenue ticket, and for a partner award ticket.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dkc192
Website and app both seem to be having ticketing issues as of 1pm PST. A PNR is generated but no ticket is issued--this was for a pure-UA domestic revenue ticket, and for a partner award ticket.
I made a reservation with corporate travel agent tool a bit ago. These typically show up immediately in "My trips" on United's website, but this one hasn't...at least yet.

Something seems to be going on

**ADDED: Of course, now that I typed this, it has shown up.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Down again!

Couldn't get a fare to ticket and error'd out, but got a hit on my credit card as pending charge.

Canceled the [un-ticketed] reservation, and booked with another airline. Thanks United!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Had a weird experience yesterday evening that I realize now was trying to book flights in the middle of a schedule change. First I booked my family using points on our desired flight and then when I went to pay for my flight I got an error. Tried again, same thing. Then when I went to search for flights, the flight my family was on was gone altogether (!). I went into their booking and it was still there but the seat map didn't work. Woke up this morning and their reservation has a notification of a schedule change. Never had that happen in real time before while I was trying to book.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.