Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
Is anyone having issue booking any flights on United.com after logging in? Tried both award and cash booking and shoes error. i logged out and in and it is the same issue.

is it a website issue now?
Same issue here. Can't check out. And their flights are missing/disappearing from OTA's also.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:42 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Is the future flights portion of the status tracker down for anyone else? It just churns and churns for me. I've tried it from multiple browsers over the past couple of days with no luck.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by exerda
Is the future flights portion of the status tracker down for anyone else? It just churns and churns for me. I've tried it from multiple browsers over the past couple of days with no luck.
I am having the same problem on all combinations of computers, browsers, and MileagePlus accounts in the household.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:39 am

Still can't check out/book, I chatted United and all they said to do was try again in an hour, and after pressing they did admit there is a system issue of some sort.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by rty05
Still can't check out/book, I chatted United and all they said to do was try again in an hour, and after pressing they did admit there is a system issue of some sort.
I just booked 2 tickets, one revenue and one mileage, about 5 minutes ago. I do get an error that it can't assign the seats (on a mostly-empty plane), but it booked OK otherwise.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:52 pm

Yes down here on multiple devices. Just spins ..
Old May 8, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I was on the phone with a MileagePlus rep and her system also went down while we were going through my account, so something must be up with United's systems today.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Question. This might be old news for some I’ve noticed when your filtering out the Basic Economy fares on a search it will still provide u with that Basic fare. As a result, it’s cause a double take on my end because it’s supposed to not include that fare hence the filtering. I’m confused why the UA system is doing that.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Re the problem checking flight status: also hangs for me when I'm on my personal phone and laptop, but works on my work phone for some reason. Regardless of the device, it also churns endlessly when I try to check my progress on the status challenge.

Last edited by MsTravelBug; May 8, 2023 at 2:59 pm Reason: For clarity
Old May 8, 2023, 4:38 pm

I was able to get my issue cleared up, but had to call in and get transferred several times. No indication as to what it was other than that I tried to book my initial flight during a "maintenance period" and that stuffed up the system from issuing tickets to my account. I was able to make a subsequent order that went through fine after the phone call.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tromer
I am having the same problem on all combinations of computers, browsers, and MileagePlus accounts in the household.
Originally Posted by contractor
Yes down here on multiple devices. Just spins ..
Working for me now.
Old May 9, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Anyone getting "Access Denied" everytime they do a flight search? I've been getting this message every now and then for years but reloading or just waiting 10-15min usually solves the problem.
I've been getting this message for about a day now everytime.
I dont get the issue using the app, but that search is extremely limited.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:09 am

I can't check-in on the Android app for CLE-SFO tomorrow morning about 23 hr from now. There's just no option to do it like it's not something I need to do.

It did work to check-in at united.com on mobile.

Last edited by sukhoi_584th; May 9, 2023 at 6:14 am
Old May 9, 2023, 8:09 am

I still can't select seats for my early April 2024 bookings. During check-out, I got an error that the seat couldn't be assigned. Now, after ticketing, I can call up the seat map, see a few seats already taken, but no matter what seats I select, they don't stick.

I thought at first maybe UA thought I might not be eligible to select E+ seats (mind you, I'm 1MM and thus lifetime Gold, and have already met Gold and am about to meet Plat qualifications for 2024, and will of course make 1K at some point). So I tried picking E- seats; nope, those don't stick, either. Nor do seats on my wife's separate PNR stick.

I'll try again in a week or two; it's not like the plane is filling up fast, and I do plan to upgrade (though unless they extend January-2024-expiring Plus Points, it won't be until I meet Plat qualifications next month that I have any with the right expiration dates to use).
Old May 9, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've been having trouble, too. Trying to book a flight since last night, and gets me an error. Agent said they'd had some issues with payment recently. Tried two different cards. Tried app under my account. Website under my wife's (travel is for her/kids). Just says it can't complete the purchase. Definitely not pinging the cards, since I have notifications (Chase and Amex) and neither was showing as pending or sending me a message.

In my case, trying to book to BLR via SIN, with last segment on SQ. Agent is now telling me that SQ is the problem and won't confirm, though I'm not convinced since typically, at least IME, it will take the booking, give me a PNR and then wait for 24 hours for the partner to confirm. Never had it reject immediately. However, part of me does wonder if part of the issue is my booking is coming back from SIN (booking separately to Singapore, as we are staying a few days in SE Asia), and not BLR, so I'm wondering if that open jaw is mucking things up, Part of me wants to try to book a simple roundtrip to BLR, and see if that goes through, then try and delete the BLR-SIN segment. Don't want to spend extra $/time to go back to BLR from SE Asia, just to go back to SIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.