Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
There now seems to be a problem processing Amex transactions when using Travel credits - I tried to do it myself but was unable to do so, been on the phone with United for the better part of one hour and they are also having problems. They are telling me there is a problem with my credit card, I have Amex on the second line claiming there have been no attempts to initiate a charge.

UPDATE: Now they are unable to process any Amex transactions, even without the Travel Credits

SECOND UPDATE: This is the error message I keep receiving, no matter which Amex card I try to use:

We're unable to complete your request.

We’re unable to process this transaction due to an issue with your credit or debit card company. Please try again with another form of payment or contact your credit or debit card company for more details.

I just called Amex for the second time - the rep that I spoke to claimed I was the 3rd person she has spoken to in the last 30 minutes claiming they were unable to use their Amex card with United and to assure me that the problem was not with Amex, but with United.

THIRD UPDATE: More than five hours after I first noticed a problem and brought it to the attention of United, who insisted the problem was with my credit card(s), the following now appears on the homepage for United.com:

We can’t accept payments from American Express cards right now. Use a different card or try again later.
goodeats21 likes this.

Last edited by gnomie; Mar 1, 2023 at 8:23 pm
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Has anyone else lost expert mode today? I don’t see availability on the mobile app anymore (did yesterday)…
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Yep. Don't see it on app or web browser
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
It was turned off (again) fr me today. I turned it back on and it works again. This is getting old.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Online seat selection seems broken for me as well. It's trying to charge me for E+ if I try to move seats. Website also shows wrong aircraft (737 seat map for flight with 757 on schedule).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Is there anyway to turn off the "You have eligible flight credits that you can apply for this flight or future flights." popup every dang time I search for an itinerary? Every month when I plan my travel, which given the month-to-month schedule changes takes quite a bit of searching to map out, it drives me nuts. I'm about to lose it right now! (only half joking)
Xyzzy, RobOnLI, tromer and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
expert mode has been gone again for me for a few days, I can't see seatmaps for booking a SIN-SFO trip at all today and I cant look at alternate options for changing an upcoming flight on sunday, UA IT has been awful for years like c'mon how hard is it to get a consistent product...
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by threecap
Is there anyway to turn off the "You have eligible flight credits that you can apply for this flight or future flights." popup every dang time I search for an itinerary? Every month when I plan my travel, which given the month-to-month schedule changes takes quite a bit of searching to map out, it drives me nuts. I'm about to lose it right now! (only half joking)
I *fully* concur!

Luckily - and/or unluckily, our UA48/49 EWR-BOM-EWR flight is not flying for some time, so I have to fly LH/LX/any other airline...

So, not possible to do India-Europe ticketing with UA at all - unlike earlier!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by whitethunder
expert mode has been gone again for me for a few days, I can't see seatmaps for booking a SIN-SFO trip at all today and I cant look at alternate options for changing an upcoming flight on sunday, UA IT has been awful for years like c'mon how hard is it to get a consistent product...
Regarding the expert mode, if you log into your account, go to settings, and re-check the Expert Mode box...it should come right back.

There is some intermittent glitch that "loses" expert mode on some accounts. Haven't heard of anyone not be able to restore it with immediate effect.

Can't help with the other issues
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:59 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Two issues yesterday evening for me. First, I couldn't apply Plus Points during booking; I kept getting a generic error when I tried to get it to take payment. Booking and then applying them afterwards worked.

Second, it tried to charge me for E+. It showed my status as 1K, but acted as if I had no status. if I picked any E+ seats, it wanted $$$ and upped the purchase price accordingly. I said fine, didn't pick E+ seats, then went in to "Manage Reservation" afterwards and selected E+ seats. It also tried to upsell me on "priority boarding", but at leas it got the "prepaid bags" bit without trying to fleece me.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Regarding the expert mode, if you log into your account, go to settings, and re-check the Expert Mode box...it should come right back.

There is some intermittent glitch that "loses" expert mode on some accounts. Haven't heard of anyone not be able to restore it with immediate effect.

Can't help with the other issues
So I figured out the other day that my expert mode check box was unchecked. However, it has not come back for me in the App (fine on united.com). I have tried to log out and log back in, as well as restart the app on my phone, but still no expert mode there... Anyone else having this issue?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GBadger
So I figured out the other day that my expert mode check box was unchecked. However, it has not come back for me in the App (fine on united.com). I have tried to log out and log back in, as well as restart the app on my phone, but still no expert mode there... Anyone else having this issue?
I had to "re check" expert mode a week or so ago. Still have it on both web and app as of now.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Advanced search quit working for me earlier this afternoon, giving an "Access Denied" any time I try to run a search. Regular search works fine. I've tried logging out, etc., with no luck.

I also realized that my "Expert Mode" box had somehow gotten unchecked, as well as my KTN getting blanked out. Not sure what happened...
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by exerda
Advanced search quit working for me earlier this afternoon, giving an "Access Denied" any time I try to run a search. Regular search works fine. I've tried logging out, etc., with no luck.

I also realized that my "Expert Mode" box had somehow gotten unchecked, as well as my KTN getting blanked out. Not sure what happened...
Oh no - you broke ua.com!

David
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Is anyone else having trouble pulling up seat maps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.