Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Are you on a different network than usual? Could there be a proxy involved that's messing with the connection?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Are you on a different network than usual? Could there be a proxy involved that's messing with the connection?
That was my first thought as well, since the first time that it happened I was on a wired connection through my work network (large university). However, then I had the same issue happen at home, and while traveling, both on WiFi. I can't imagine that it's the network, but maybe??
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
(Mod: please move to the right place)
For some time whenever I tried to log in a new session, ua.com said it does not recognize my device and I had to answer the two security questions every time. This is in spite of the fact that I was using the same laptop just hours ago and I always said to remember this device. I don't have problems with any other sites on this computer. Anyone experienced the same?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
(Mod: please move to the right place)
For some time whenever I tried to log in a new session, ua.com said it does not recognize my device and I had to answer the two security questions every time. This is in spite of the fact that I was using the same laptop just hours ago and I always said to remember this device. I don't have problems with any other sites on this computer. Anyone experienced the same?
Have you told your browser to refuse cookies from united.com? That will certainly d it and is the most likely reason for this.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Have you told your browser to refuse cookies from united.com? That will certainly d it and is the most likely reason for this.
Unfortunately, I did not block cookies from united. I just went to settings and even turned on cookies for pop ups etc. I am now allowing everything on united.com. Same thing, once I signed out it asked my security questions. (passwords are remembered)
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
I had an odd experience this afternoon. I tried to book a ticket while logged into my account. My credit card, address, etc. was all stored so I didn't have to type anything in. After pressing the purchase button I saw this error:

The rest of that page was filled in as before and had the same purchase option so I selected it. Everything wrked.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy

Did Texas finally secede from the Union, and I missed it? 🤣
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rare
Did Texas finally secede from the Union, and I missed it? 🤣
Culd be -- I've been home all day and haven't had any news on...
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA
Problem with united.com

Anybody else having trouble logging in to united.com?
It tells me my details are incorrect, but they're stored by the browser. I tried both firefox and safari.
The phone app seems to work still, although it's slow.

Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I'm getting the same thing.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:01 pm

I’ve got the same issue.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Glad it’s not just me — had me worried since I’m just about to board SFO-TPE!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Highly unusual, United.com rarely has problems.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA
It's alternating between "The account informatin you entered is invalid" and "There was an issue signing you in." Web and mobile.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
4:32 est... also having the same issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.