Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Trying to access resos on chrome; website shows but instead of the tab populating with trips shows: "We’re unable to display trip information at this time." Tried incognito to see if this is an issue with ad blocker and still no dice. App seems to be working fine.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Trying to access resos on chrome; website shows but instead of the tab populating with trips shows: "We’re unable to display trip information at this time." Tried incognito to see if this is an issue with ad blocker and still no dice. App seems to be working fine.
I am experiencing the same
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I am flying COS-ORD-MUC this Sunday. On the website it shows the name of the trip correctly but the departure and arrival times shown are the times for the COS-ORD leg, six hours ahead of local time. The flight leaves at 1:05PM mountain and arrives at ORD at 4:39PM central.

App is fine, and inside the reservation shows the correct times. No flights on the 737-9MAX. So weird.

Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by ununoctium
I am flying COS-ORD-MUC this Sunday. On the website it shows the name of the trip correctly but the departure and arrival times shown are the times for the COS-ORD leg, six hours ahead of local time. The flight leaves at 1:05PM mountain and arrives at ORD at 4:39PM central.

App is fine, and inside the reservation shows the correct times. No flights on the 737-9MAX. So weird.

They broke this a long time ago (over a year) and have no interest in fixing it apparently.

-RM
ununoctium likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Same problem I was having the other day, where searching for a PP upgrade itin is showing higher prices to buy Y and upgrade than just to buy Y (which makes zero sense). For example:

It's not as big of a discrepancy as I was seeing the other day on an IAD-BTV trip (where the Y + PP cost was more than double, nearly triple, the cost of F outright!), but it's still wrong.

On domestic flights, there should be zero difference in cost for buying cheapest (non-BE) Y, and buying Y + PP upgrade.

Last edited by exerda; Jan 12, 2024 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Getting super tired of the bug where the homepage has remembered my last search (e.g. NY to Europe with specific dates) and I want to look up fares for the same route/dates so I click "Find Flights" only to have the search results page pop up for a second and then immediately go back to the homepage with the dates completely wiped out. United introduced this about 2 months ago and can't be bothered fixing it.
Love quoting myself

United made lipstick on a pig changes to their homepage but this issue still persists and is in fact worse now. I go to United.com, change the destination city *and* change the dates and click 'Search'. It pukes and fails right back to the United.com home page with the dates completely blanked out again.

I hope they're losing millions by keeping this horrible website up & running.

-RM
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Website, all reservations are US EST +6 hours. Looks just plain weird.

Is UA German? It's not even UTC
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
Website, all reservations are US EST +6 hours. Looks just plain weird.

Is UA German? It's not even UTC
Yep. I had a minor panic attack when I saw some of my upcoming res until I drilled into the reservations themselves and saw the correct times.

Very odd that it's defaulting to GMT+1, with no apparent way to change it in preferences.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
website seems to be having some issues today. running very slowly, but functionality seems to be there. the GMT+1 issue seems to have resolved.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
website seems to be having some issues today. running very slowly, but functionality seems to be there. the GMT+1 issue seems to have resolved.
I'm still seeing GMT+1 on my side, on the home page. (Clicking into the itinerary shows the correct flight times).
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seanp7
I'm still seeing GMT+1 on my side, on the home page. (Clicking into the itinerary shows the correct flight times).
This is the case for me too.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:12 pm

Still seeing GMT+1 on the home page also.

I called in about the fact I have a 4/9 SAT-IAD itin waitlisted for PP, but the seats keep dropping off the res, and under the "Points Plus" tab on my itinerary list, the site shows 4/8 as the date (!!!). The agent looked at the ticket, at the Mileage Plus side showing the upgrades, etc., and couldn't find anything that looked amiss. Will keep an eye on it and possibly follow HUACA... but for now, it seems like another .bomb issue and not a "real" problem.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
No check in

Unable to check in for #1805 on 1/17, nobody has been able to check in, never seen this before
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Unable to check in for #1805 on 1/17, nobody has been able to check in, never seen this before
I wasn't able to check in yesterday and it turned out i got selected for SSSS
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA does not want my business today ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.