Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both app and website not working for me now.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:34 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Both app and website not working for me now.
Same for me. My itineraries have also disappeared.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Same for me. My itineraries have also disappeared.
Same for me. There's also a banner on UA.com that says: "We’re working to fix a temporary technical issue affecting both united.com and the United app. Check back soon."
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Yep:

Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I was just able to log in to the website and view/manage my itineraries.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:50 am

does anyone face login problems on united.com. In the app I am logged in and it's no problem. But when I try to use the web login it says nothing. just spins around a bit and then nothing, no message, just nothing.

solved it. I was in another country with an VPN. After my next flight in the next country it worked again (without VPN) without any problems.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 24, 2023 at 11:01 am Reason: merged consecutive posts / update by same member
Old Dec 26, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I am seeing permission denied on united.com
anyone else having issues?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
And its back!
Old Dec 30, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, AS, WN
Looks like I'm running into the lost cookie issue again on my Mac using Chrome and Safari. Anyone else being forced to answer their security questions every time they log in?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Getting super tired of the bug where the homepage has remembered my last search (e.g. NY to Europe with specific dates) and I want to look up fares for the same route/dates so I click "Find Flights" only to have the search results page pop up for a second and then immediately go back to the homepage with the dates completely wiped out. United introduced this about 2 months ago and can't be bothered fixing it.

But then again the website just has issues with dates in general:

1. You can't search the map in the middle of the homepage for specific dates, find a city and click it which fills in your cities/dates. When you click "Find Flights" the dates blank out and red text tells you to enter valid dates;
2. When clicking "Advanced Search" from the search results page and moving to a multi-city itinerary the website remembers the dates you were previously searching but then displays the red text and tells you to enter valid dates.

United.com is getting worse, not better.

-RM
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:47 am

Issues with united.com continue in 2024:

+

=

Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
Issues with united.com continue in 2024:

+

=

Did it work on the app? I found instant upgrades to be more straightforward to confirm on the app.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Did it work on the app? I found instant upgrades to be more straightforward to confirm on the app.
Thanks, yes the app worked (after I figured out where to look).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Several issues for me this evening.

First, I was looking to book travel BTV-IAD on 2/17. I did a regular search first, and saw decent prices (Y for $147, F for $212). I figured, "Maybe the low F price means there's plenty of PZ space," and ran the same search but for PP-supported upgrades. The price for "Buy Y Upgrade to F" was suddenly over $500! It looked like United.com didn't think a W fare was eligible for a PP upgrade and was breaking it into E and U fares for a connecting itin, and E for a nonstop. Clearly that was wrong, so I just booked paid F regardless, and for the outbound, where I saw a similar issue, I booked in Y, then went to find the itin and manually apply PP.

Which brings me to problem #2. The itin didn't show up on my list of upcoming trips... I went from late January travel to April travel. I tried logging out and back in, no dice.

Where it did show up was under "Past Itineraries." No, I didn't use FFC to pay for it, so it made zero sense to me why it was showing under past itins. Same for the paid F flights--they were also showing up under my past itins.

Fortunately, I was able to go in on my phone and apply PP.

Finally, a separate itin has a schedule change showing. I keep trying to accept it, but it's still showing a schedule change. And I can't pick seats; it says seatmap unavailable (this is for an April trip), which seems to be because there's PP applied and waitlisted, and somehow that's confusing the record. This is the case with both my April itins at the moment, both of which show a schedule change, and both of which had upgrades waitlisted. United.com says there's a problem with the ticket sync and "your waitlist may need to be removed and reapplied" when I view it under my list of PP-pending itins.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by exerda
Several issues for me this evening.

First, I was looking to book travel BTV-IAD on 2/17. I did a regular search first, and saw decent prices (Y for $147, F for $212). I figured, "Maybe the low F price means there's plenty of PZ space," and ran the same search but for PP-supported upgrades. The price for "Buy Y Upgrade to F" was suddenly over $500! It looked like United.com didn't think a W fare was eligible for a PP upgrade and was breaking it into E and U fares for a connecting itin, and E for a nonstop. Clearly that was wrong, so I just booked paid F regardless, and for the outbound, where I saw a similar issue, I booked in Y, then went to find the itin and manually apply PP.

Which brings me to problem #2. The itin didn't show up on my list of upcoming trips... I went from late January travel to April travel. I tried logging out and back in, no dice.

Where it did show up was under "Past Itineraries." No, I didn't use FFC to pay for it, so it made zero sense to me why it was showing under past itins. Same for the paid F flights--they were also showing up under my past itins.

Fortunately, I was able to go in on my phone and apply PP.

Finally, a separate itin has a schedule change showing. I keep trying to accept it, but it's still showing a schedule change. And I can't pick seats; it says seatmap unavailable (this is for an April trip), which seems to be because there's PP applied and waitlisted, and somehow that's confusing the record. This is the case with both my April itins at the moment, both of which show a schedule change, and both of which had upgrades waitlisted. United.com says there's a problem with the ticket sync and "your waitlist may need to be removed and reapplied" when I view it under my list of PP-pending itins.
Sounds like a good time to call in to reservatins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.