Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by kale73
Now you need to get with the program: it was a transUnited flight!
Nice, Talk-dum

I just got back from a trip and noticed "Continental" was written on all four tires...was that there before ???
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Found this at MSY:

Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:38 pm

Wish I'd seen this thread to get a pic, but all of the baggage claim signs at ANC still read Continental Airlines.

Also arrival checklist sticker on a gate at CLE still said CO. I'm sure there are many more examples of this at legacy CO hubs.

Last edited by BrianCUnited; Dec 19, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Just saw movie Reality Bites on HBO. Movie filmed in Houston and towards the end of the movie show a Continental gate probably IAH and Continental destination pictures. Maybe they could edit the movie and changes the signs to United. Just Kidding
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was wondering if we had a thread like this. I saw a OnePass Elite on the turning sing thing on top of the check-in counter at CAE.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Just saw movie Reality Bites on HBO. Movie filmed in Houston and towards the end of the movie show a Continental gate probably IAH and Continental destination pictures. Maybe they could edit the movie and changes the signs to United. Just Kidding
"The Shining" directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Jack Nicholson.....

Note the aerial cinematography shot of the CO DC-10 on initial approach to DEN with the Rocky Mountains in the background......

Whoops!....looks like I'm a bit late with this observation......
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Continental china

MCO-CLE last month:

Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
There is a Twitter picture circulating of a guy in Tuscon who took some pepper ball rounds in the stomach during last night's riot after Arizona lost to Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament.

In the picture, he is holding up his shirt to exhibit his major-league bruises - just the sort of image you want following you around for the rest of your life.

But the best part? He's wearing a Continental Airlines t-shirt.

link to image on Twitter (warning: nasty bruises)
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flavorflav
There is a Twitter picture circulating of a guy in Tuscon who took some pepper ball rounds in the stomach during last night's riot after Arizona lost to Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament.

In the picture, he is holding up his shirt to exhibit his major-league bruises - just the sort of image you want following you around for the rest of your life.

But the best part? He's wearing a Continental Airlines t-shirt.

link to image on Twitter (warning: nasty bruises)
A Skyteam CO shirt even.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I shot this on October 5, 2013 at BOS

Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I shot this on October 5, 2013 at BOS

Nice photo! I like that these are still out there.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:23 am

My wife said she saw a CO wide body jet flying into Hunter Army airfield in Savannah a couple of weeks ago. They have been moving troops around for years so maybe they have some dedicated planes/crew that they have not bothered to get repainted?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
sCO pilots still say Continental Airlines on PA before departure. I heard this
on the San to IAD flight yesterday. How much longer will some sCO pilots stop this practice?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Was served a drink in this glass in F a couple weeks ago. Captain welcomed us aboard "Continental flight XXX" in the announcements...not sure if intentional or just an old habit that's hard to change. That same day, checking in at DFW, I saw airport signage still directing to Continental counters.

I've been on ExpressJet 145s last fall still with CO Express titles. Wonder if they will all be repainted anyway if some are to be parked?

Until recently, the D gate jetbridges at CLE had Continental logo signage, now replaced with United. Why did they bother?

Conversely, my checked baggage tags from PHL-CLE and DFW-CLE have the tulip United logo on them. Surprised that somehow software hasn't changed all of those to a single logo.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Ugh I really miss continental!!!!! This makes me sad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.