Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not entirely uncommon for RJs. There are a number of RJs that have the old UA livery and even the old gray livery (I was on one such last night in fact) and I feel like these are still decently common especially at EWR
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i still fly the occasional battleship grey UA bird. i can't say i remember seeing a pmco livery bird lately. it may just be anecdotal on my side but i see more pmua painted planes than pmco planes. :shrug:
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I rode on two ERJs like this in June. I've seen plenty of them in Cleveland- I think most are the Chautauqua operated birds.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ACA321
I rode on two ERJs like this in June. I've seen plenty of them in Cleveland- I think most are the Chautauqua operated birds.
My experience as well. There are examples in the "remaining vestiges of CO" thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...stiges-co.html

Not sure why it appears to primarily be Chautauqua birds...maybe they have some different terms in their contract that allow for this?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Some of them may be ERJ-135s that were pulled out of the desert after the Saab fleet was transferred from Colgan to Silver. Don't think they'll be repainted since the increase in lift was (supposed to be) temporary.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:44 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Does it really make a difference?
Perhaps saving the cost to change the name is the best reason to leave as is!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
My experience as well. There are examples in the "remaining vestiges of CO" thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...stiges-co.html

Not sure why it appears to primarily be Chautauqua birds...maybe they have some different terms in their contract that allow for this?
I would bet it had something to do with their contract as well.

Pure speculation: Say their contract was scheduled to expire with Continental at the end of 2012. They werent sure if their contract would continue so why paint. then they renewd their contract but the repainting is done in conjunction with the periodic service time done every few years.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
A lot of Continental dishes on UA flights now.
Hangar in DEN still says Continental.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
Remaining Vestiges of CO

My credit card is being billed by continental. What a joke.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by oopsz
Some of them may be ERJ-135s that were pulled out of the desert after the Saab fleet was transferred from Colgan to Silver. Don't think they'll be repainted since the increase in lift was (supposed to be) temporary.
Can't speak for all of them, but I was definitely on a couple of 145s in the CO Express livery.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA DULtArer
I think the merger has finally happened in spirit. My transcontinental today the pilot came on and announced

" We are now crossing the United Divide...."
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I saw an ERJ-145 in CEX colors at DCA on Sunday... I did a double-take. I'd not seen one in quite some time.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I was in EWR last week, a hangor still says Continental but it looks like construction is going on around it.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I was in EWR last week, a hangor still says Continental but it looks like construction is going on around it.
That's a new hanger ging up!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I think the merger has finally happened in spirit. My transcontinental today the pilot came on and announced

" We are now crossing the United Divide...."
LOL +1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.