Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Time warp this morning at EWR

Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, United Club, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5 Star
Saw a bag with a Continental sticker on it on a carousel at LAX. The sticker was the type the baggage folks would put on during loading for whatever reason, and looked fairly new and said "Continental, EWR" on it with the globe logo. A flight was arriving from Newark at that time, so my assumption is this was a new sticker and at least in EWR someone is still using Continental materials.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jasonp622
DEN-SFO, Sunday night, pilot said, "thanks for flying continental, err, I mean united". You could tell it was on purpose, I also feel I have been hearing continental more from pilots lately. This really needs to stop
I think the whole "we're CO" from the flightcrew might be a reaction to being required to identify themselves as "United" to the ATC over and over and over again.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuolumne
I think the whole "we're CO" from the flightcrew might be a reaction to being required to identify themselves as "United" to the ATC over and over and over again.
They need to get over themselves. DL's management would not have stood for this if we had crews going "Thanks for flying with your legacy Northwest crew".
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by adambrau
I have seen some food containers in the galley that still have CONTINENTAL written in all caps, i.e. before the branding change to Continental.
I saw a metal food container on a recent flight say United, but with the old tulip logo. HOW DARE THEY?! Don't they know that that has not been the logo of the airline for several years now! It's probably some cranky sUA person that's responsible.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm Reason: repair quote
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M
I saw a metal food container on a recent flight say United, but with the old tulip logo. HOW DARE THEY?! Don't they know that that has not been the logo of the airline for several years now! It's probably some cranky sUA person that's responsible.
The CO management was adamant in completely eliminating that logo, on a customer-facing basis. They were brought in to SFO and LAX and I know one of their first "projects" was to erase it as quickly as they could.

But I'm not sure a food cart would qualify as customer-facing, and with project quality in full swing, I can't imagine that being a concern.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by riphamilton
2014?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuolumne
The CO management was adamant in completely eliminating that logo, on a customer-facing basis. They were brought in to SFO and LAX and I know one of their first "projects" was to erase it as quickly as they could.

But I'm not sure a food cart would qualify as customer-facing, and with project quality in full swing, I can't imagine that being a concern.
Truly sickening. Meanwhile, CO crap is still all over the CO hubs and the hangar in DEN. Meanwhile the UA hangar across the field had its tulip painted over just a few weeks ago. My next trip is on an ex-CO flight. Can't wait to wear the United Tulip shirt. I dare them to try to pry it away from me.

I did see a cart in baggage claim with the Tulip on it at SFO the other day, and a Shuttle by United one as well! Also saw a poster for LON in some little office. Long Live the Tulip.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by riphamilton
When charged to an Amex, mine always show as Continental Airlines in pending charges, but then post as United Airlines.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by united4
Truly sickening. Meanwhile, CO crap is still all over the CO hubs and the hangar in DEN. Meanwhile the UA hangar across the field had its tulip painted over just a few weeks ago. My next trip is on an ex-CO flight. Can't wait to wear the United Tulip shirt. I dare them to try to pry it away from me.

I did see a cart in baggage claim with the Tulip on it at SFO the other day, and a Shuttle by United one as well! Also saw a poster for LON in some little office. Long Live the Tulip.
BDL has some tugs on it with the tulip. Not sure if they are still in use/abandoned, but they definitely still say "United" on them, some with the newer version, and some with Battleship Gray.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
When charged to an Amex, mine always show as Continental Airlines in pending charges, but then post as United Airlines.
I think this might just be Amex trying to be "helpful" and adding a bit of proprietary semantic info that is now outdated.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by airplanegod
BDL has some tugs on it with the tulip. Not sure if they are still in use/abandoned, but they definitely still say "United" on them, some with the newer version, and some with Battleship Gray.
The tulip is still everywhere on ground equipment at legacy UA stations. They just finally painted over the tulip at the DEN hangar last week. That was a sad moment for me. Also makes you realize how ugly the globe is in comparison.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
The tulip is still everywhere on ground equipment at legacy UA stations. They just finally painted over the tulip at the DEN hangar last week. That was a sad moment for me. Also makes you realize how ugly the globe is in comparison.
Agreed. I still grin every time I leave JFK and see the United logo and Tulip on the exterior of Terminal 7. 4 years after the merger and that gem is still there! ^
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
Tulip is still on many inventory control tags. On top of monitors, etc. in United clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.