Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I saw a Continental Express livery this week, which surprised me. I thought they had all been changed over....

I keep running into these...snapped a picture this time.
Not sure if they are finished with all the mainline planes as I haven't seen one in quite some time, but obviously some express still out there.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
At IAH today, I got a boarding pass from a chicken (airside CS) that still said Continental Airlines in the top corners, with the double gold stripe in the middle.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Flew out of CZM last Friday and got a BP with Continental in big letters on the top. Was kind of cool, actually.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The LAX curbside check-in printer still prints Continental logo on the baggage tag.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Continental water glass in F.
Edge was chipped so it was tossed in the trash can.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
remaining Vestiges of United

I this post should be "remaining Vestiges of United".

If you take the "United" word out of the planes, website etc... everything else left is pure Continental. All the way from the logo, website to upper managment.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Many Express Jet ERJ145s still have Continetal carts and signage in the galley. It's always nice to look in and be reminded of the great times I've had in the past.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
DEN Hanger

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Hangers at EWR and CLE. You could always throw a big tarp over them .
And, a hanger at DEN that was built when the airport opened, shortly before Continental closed down its Denver hub. Haven't been on that side of DEN lately, but I believe there were some pemanent de-icing machines installed on the west side of the airport with Continental stenciled on the arms.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Billiken
Continental water glass in F.
Edge was chipped so it was tossed in the trash can.
I have a collection myself, and just ask to keep them whenever I get one. Last time, the FA brought me a second one.

This may have already been mentioned upthread, but I bought a couple of the "Ex-Con" rubber bracelets from an FA last week for $3 each. One with blue, and the other with black, gold, and red.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mgs 1k

If you take the "United" word out of the planes, website etc... everything else left is pure Continental. All the way from the logo, website to upper managment.
+1

Originally Posted by pauljacobson958
And, a hanger at DEN that was built when the airport opened, shortly before Continental closed down its Denver hub. Haven't been on that side of DEN lately, but I believe there were some pemanent de-icing machines installed on the west side of the airport with Continental stenciled on the arms.
The de-icing machines and hangar still say CO. They were pretty quick to paint over the CO name at LAX, so hopefully they'll get the same done in DEN.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:25 pm

Remember how pmUA had the standby and upgrades cleared before boarding AND boarded a 757 in 30 minutes? Now... Thanks to Shares, we start clearing the standby's and the last of the upgrades AFTER boarding commences, at the speed of one passenger every 90-120 seconds. Oh, and then we come into the cabin and count and tap someone on the back on the shoulder and say "you've been upgraded!" S-H-A-R-E-S - yippie!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Cuts both ways folks:

Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Remaining Vestiges of CO

Okay one cut that way, thousands the other

2 other PMUA touches:

A) booking a car or hotel reward with miles is a very PMUA.com looking deal. Lovely.
B) chase verified by visa splash screen has pMUA logo and mileage plus. Momentary bliss while some vendor is grabbing my money
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mgs 1k

Exactly. The airline is still COdbaUA, although as of late it appears that some pmUA practices are being re-introduced. ^
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
Cuts both ways folks:

seriously... that tiny tulip. I guess that's the same of everyhing in Houston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.