Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: I still call it Onepass every now and then. Platinum.
I think there are no more PMCO planes flying around because it was a lot easier and quicker to just paint over the "Continental" wording and be finished. The PMUA planes have to be more or less entirely repainted and it's clear they haven't gotten to all of them yet.

I've also noticed an occasional CO drinking glass in first class and I'd really like to have one, but I'm worried A.) If I ask the FA it would look somewhat gauche and B.) If I just hid one in my bag they'd notice it was missing and I'd feel guilty.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I think the merger has finally happened in spirit. My transcontinental today the pilot came on and announced

" We are now crossing the United Divide...."
Now you need to get with the program: it was a transUnited flight!
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I was in EWR last week, a hangor still says Continental but it looks like construction is going on around it.
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
That's a new hanger ging up!
The new hangar might have a hanger in it but will be no where near the Hangor.

www.thefreedictionary.com/hangar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNS_Hangor_%28S131%29
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Observations from this weekend:

CLE Wheelchairs, a bunch stacked up say Continental Airlines

EWR Saw several ramp employees eating in the C3 food court wearing shirts say Continental Airlines.

FLL Jet ways still say Continental Airlines.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Saw an Agent at SFO yesterday wearing a CO uniform right down to the gold scarf.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
"Continental" is still listed at the rental car center shuttle bus stop at DFW.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
"Operated by CO" is still written on the side of every former CAL airplane on 3 different locations.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I have several Continental wine glasses in my cabinet at home
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I have several Continental wine glasses in my cabinet at home
haha I have one PMCO, and a few of the stemmed PMUA wine glasses.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
haha I have one PMCO, and a few of the stemmed PMUA wine glasses.
When I want to relive the past circa 2005 I pour some cheap Cab into one of the pmCO glasses and pretend that I've been upgraded as a Plat on a 733 DEN-IAH.
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bonehead
When I want to relive the past circa 2005 I pour some cheap Cab into one of the pmCO glasses and pretend that I've been upgraded as a Plat on a 733 DEN-IAH.
hahaha when I want to relive PMUA days, I drink a bottle of cheap Canyon Rock chardonnay in a PMUA stemmed wine glass, while eating dinner on top of a United white napkin used as a place setting.

I used to fly p.s. routes A LOT and became great friends with a lot of the NYC based crews. They'd usually give me a couple bottles of wine, wrapped nicely in the cloth napkins, "for the road" - nowadays I don't even want whatever screw top wine is served, should they offer me a bottle.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I thought the only COEX branded planes still around belong to Chautauqua airlines....but I ran across this ExpressJet version getting de-iced at ORD today.

Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
If I had a dollar for every single time I saw a COex/Full Tulip plane park at my gate, I'd have a handful of dollars. If I had a five thousand for every single COex plane proudly announcing their entry into *A, I'd have enough for buy a small shack of a house.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:54 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
In late September, my boarding pass from a gate agent at GPT printed with the old "Onepass" and "Elite access" wording despite using United thermal paper. Strange how there isn't an enterprise software push to update stuff like this...
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by kenhawk
How about that boring, clip art style logo on all of the tails?
When the logo was first introduced it reflected a great change at CO. And they really had great service, etc. and some great wine, and Grand Marnier on domestics. Most at CO relied on a few years of great service to serve as an excuse for ever declining service. But after about 5 to 6 years it started turning into crap and just kept getting more and more like the brown stuff you step in and can't get off your shoes. Stinky too!

Last edited by BF263533; Dec 14, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.