Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by halls120
Exactly. The airline is still COdbaUA, although as of late it appears that some pmUA practices are being re-introduced. ^
Could this possibly be due to the fact that the current United Airlines management realize that the PMUA flying constituency was predominately business travelers who had offered loyalty based on what United Airlines and Mileage Plus (pre merger) offered? Could it also be that the current United Airlines management finally realize that there are many "overly entitled" PMUA flyers that have left UA for AA or other airlines? One thing for certain, the experiment of diluting benefits for the most loyal flyers of Mileage Plus has been met with resistance, or defection. I guess the loss of revenue might actually be heard in Houston.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A very small vestige of CO

I got a "Continental Airlines" toothpick with the silverware setup on UA 896 from SIN to HKG last Wednesday.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA 1.85MM, UA GS
I got a "continental airlines" boarding pass from EGE to IAH last week !!! I thought I would never see those ones again.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
The large, the small and the in-between.....

1) Large Continental sign on an aircraft maintenance hangar at MCO

2) Continental signs on the outside of at least three jetways at MCO

3) "Continental" portable ground power unit at MCO

4) "Continental" aircraft tow bar at LFT
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
On Wednesday, I saw an employee wearing a CO padded vest in EWR, and then the FA doing the welcome greeting welcomed Mileage Plus and OnePass members.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Kiosk in IAH across from E23 still spitting out old Continental boarding passes with the gold lines and everything
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Make that two large Continental signs on two aircraft maintenance hangars at MCO......
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An Embraer 145 with Continental Express titles last night at LFT.

The airplane still had "ExpressJet" on the sides of the engines as well.....
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by jlemon
An Embraer 145 with Continental Express titles last night at LFT.

The airplane still had "ExpressJet" on the sides of the engines as well.....
ExJet still has a contract with UA and it will stay that way until the merger with ASA is completed.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
From UA79 NRT-HKG, Guam based no E+ 737, bulkhead, last week

Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Continental splash screen on the bizarro IFE that is on the Hawaii 764's.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck
ExJet still has a contract with UA and it will stay that way until the merger with ASA is completed.
Yes, I know that; however, virtually all of the former Continental Express ERJs have now been rebadged as United Express.....

In fact, judging by my recent connections at IAH, I thought that all of the ExpressJet 135/145 aircraft had been changed over with new United Express titles.

This was the first time in quite awhile that I had actually seen an XJet ERJ 145 with the old COEx titles......
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They announced a JAX-EWR flight today as "Continental flight ## to Newark." She didn't correct herself until after she finished the announcement.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
My travel voucher for taking a VDB this past weekend had Continental everywhere 'United' should've been. Told me I could redeem at Continental.com!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out the FAA's page on "United's" AOC# CALA014A

(I love it!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.