Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

check out the galley next flight most likely you will see the metal storage bins saying "Continental" and probably will for a long time to come
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by United_727
One would think those would be the first to 'go',since they are so large and seen from the terminal . I too saw a wheelchair @ FLL with 'Continental' spraypainted on the back of it.
And add a big old "Continental" marked hangar at FLL as well
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Two quick notes - I have a cool pic of a retro painted continental at SFO this morning and first the first time I noticed ex continental crew have ex Con bag tags, pretty tacky imo

Ill post the pic later
Old May 10, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
Originally Posted by flavorflav
Though UA took over CO's large maintenance operation at MCO, the two big CO hangars still bear the CO logotype and globe logo. I've attached a link to the Google Streets view. The hangars are on Tradeport Drive on the west edge of the airport.

Google Streets view of CO logotype on maintenance hangars at MCO.
Drove by today. Both hangars still in Continental livery.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flavorflav
Drove by today. Both hangars still in Continental livery.
I find it interesting that there has been no particular effort paid to rebranding the pmCO maintenance facilities, but at the SFO MRO, the Tulip disppeared very quickly.
Old May 11, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AADULtArer
On google maps there is an entire desert lineup of tulips in Area 51
Old May 11, 2013, 11:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The kiosks at the EWR Rail Station still are CO...late 90's CO by the look of them:

Old May 11, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
IAD Shuttle Bus Announcements

Pre-recorded announcements on IAD shuttle busses from long-term parking to the terminal still say "United-Continental".
Old May 13, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
"Continental Express" ERJ-135 yesterday at IAH.....

Aircraft also still had "ExpressJet" titles on the engines......
Old May 13, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by craz
check out the galley next flight most likely you will see the metal storage bins saying "Continental" and probably will for a long time to come
I actually think you can still catch a meatball logo on the galley bins from time to time.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Originally Posted by halls120
I find it interesting that there has been no particular effort paid to rebranding the pmCO maintenance facilities, but at the SFO MRO, the Tulip disppeared very quickly.
+1

It was like this by design I think. The big hangars at IAH were still CO last time I was there. Even more interesting are the posts on the Facebook page... honoring the 75 years of CO blah blah blah... I would not be surprised if they actually just went back to the co name. The paint is the same... just need a quick stencil over the name!
Old May 13, 2013, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
+1
I would not be surprised if they actually just went back to the co name. The paint is the same... just need a quick stencil over the name!
If they did, would we even notice it?

The use of the word "United" is a farce to them.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
+1

It was like this by design I think. The big hangars at IAH were still CO last time I was there. Even more interesting are the posts on the Facebook page... honoring the 75 years of CO blah blah blah... I would not be surprised if they actually just went back to the co name. The paint is the same... just need a quick stencil over the name!
The hangars at IAH have been rebranded for months. I guess you don't fly through IAH often.

I guess keeping the old UAL branding at the DEN hangar is part of that conspiracy?
Old May 13, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Captain announced that we would be parking at C, C for Continental, Gate 135 at EWR on a TATL Flight last week. Yes, it was a CO plane with a CO crew!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: DL GM, UA G, AS 75k, IHG Plt
A CO branded plane.

Is it just me or is this a rare bird these days?

Spotted 8/5 at ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.