Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP lite, Hertz 5*G, Nat'l Exec

With all of the re-branding work that has been going on over the last few months, I was wondering what CO imprints still remain. I am not talking about amenity kits still left over from before the merger or airport tugs that haven't been repainted yet. I am more wondering if there is still stuff that may have slipped through the cracks and has CO branding out there.
Here's one that I found.

Found on yesterday's e-receipt.
IMPORTANT CONSUMER NOTICES
Your travel is subject to United's Contract of Carriage terms. The Contract is available at any CO ticketing facility, united.com or by calling 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331). The Contract terms include rules about limits on liability for personal injury or death and for loss, damage, or delay of goods and baggage, check-in times, overbooking, security issues, reservations, denial of carriage, refunds, claims limits and restrictions, including time limitations for filing a claim or lawsuit, and schedule changes and irregularities.
Anything else out there?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Last time I was at the Marriott in Lima there is a storefront that still says Continental on the sign.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
SHARES!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I was on lax-ord a few days ago and the pilot said thank you for flying continental! He quickly recovered and said United.)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The drinking glasses in first class.

Also just had a punk pilot pull the "operated by Continental" line.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
How about that boring, clip art style logo on all of the tails?
UAL757222 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Jeff still calls his employees CO-workers. It must be a CO thing because usually when someone refers to "coworkers", they usually have a similar job and salary.... or at least work together. When Jeff calls the pilots his CO-workers as they're at each others throats... it just seems totally disingenuous.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Phil Level
SHARES!
LOL.

My first thought was 'legacy'.
After a glass of wine I believe the term is 'scourge'.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Baggage claim in terminal B at IAH still has a CO sign about baggage. They have made some sad attempts to change it but it still mentions CO.

Also saw a wheelchair the other day in CLE with "Continental" on the back.

I won't count the number of times UX FAs have thanked "MileagePlus and OnePass members"
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:16 pm

Sadly, the Continental name is quickly disapearing. Along with the friendly helpful CO attitude. (Yes, positive UA attitude also gone.)

I saw that same wheelchair in CLE and also a CO baggage cart at MCI. About the proudest remaining sign is the Continental hanger at EWR, or was it CLE? No doubt these will be overpainted too.

Last edited by Indelaware; Oct 31, 2012 at 5:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Sadly, the Continental name is quickly disapearing. Along with the friendly helpful CO attitude. (Yes, positive UA attitude also gone.)

I saw that same wheelchair in CLE and also a CO baggage cart at MCI. About the proudest remaing sign is the Continental hanger at EWR, or was it CLE? No doubt these will be overpainted too.
Scores of CO wheelchairs at IAH. Also, quite a bit of ramp equipment bears the CO name.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Hangers at EWR and CLE. You could always throw a big tarp over them .
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Hangers at EWR and CLE. You could always throw a big tarp over them .
And IAH, unless they've finally changed them.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by kenhawk
How about that boring, clip art style logo on all of the tails?
I like it. Modern and sleek. Never understood that the tulip was a tulip until the merger came along and never thought it nice (nor did I like the old CO ball). But it is fine if you did; sympathies on missing it. On the CO side we are missing quite a bit.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:36 pm

Was told in SFO last week that the company was having certain employees go through the airport to find any remaining vestiges of the old UA tullip to get rid of it. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be the same type of diligence going into the old Continental name.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.