Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I'd be super impressed if they had a PEOPLExpress model in there. After all, they were the ones who brought Terminal C to life. (It sat as an empty shell for decades until PEOPLExpress moved in!)
That would be awesome. It is quite possible you can even get a model of the same bird in its prior colors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29557905643...Bk9SR6T-84XpYg
Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in the past 50 pages of this thread but I just noticed that United ETC email for "in the moment" compensation lists the original ticket number as 00577777777777.... The "all 7s" ticket number as a placeholder goes back decade(s) but I hadn't noticed that it changed from CO's IATA/BSP code to 016... It took me a minute staring at the email going "something is off here..." before it clicked
SPN Lifer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Seems like no one has had the heart to tell SHARES that OnePass hasn't existed in 10+ years.

Was talking to an agent about upcoming travel (and I couldn't remember some of the details) and was generously offered this printout to help with memory (also interesting to see data from mid-2021 is still 'online' and the report seems to be sorted by alphabetically by PNR rather than date
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA
My Avis receipt has listed for Avis Worldwide Discount “Continental Presidential Plus”
choch345 and Say Vandelay like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
My Avis receipt has listed for Avis Worldwide Discount “Continental Presidential Plus”
continental (and Texas international) never really went away. They just did a good job of marketing to make you think it did
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.