Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Remaining Vestiges of CO

Whenever buy tods or miles it shows up on credit card as one pass
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Flying from HKG to SGN and back the plane was as much CO as could be. IFE, galleys, etc. I dont think UA remembers this plane exists (it was repainted though)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Ex-CO flights IAH to LHR are still landing at T4, the Skyteam terminal at LHR - a long way from the other UA flights and the rest of the *A at Terminal 1
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The refund check I received a couple weeks ago says Continental Airlines. Also, Jeff's signature was on the check!
Mine too, about a month ago, and it came from Houston. Some old CO accounts used for certain discrete purposes obviously haven't been merged yet.

Originally Posted by busyexec331
In the galleys of some planes (757s?), the metal covers on the oven doors still read "Continental."
if you look hard you will still see the old Proud Bird logo stamped on an old trolley or galley container once in awhile. Those things last forever.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AS 100K
Actually, the cabin crew saying "United operated by Continental" doesn't really bother me... There is still a subsidiary CO and a subsidiary UA operating under separate contracts - these are terms that are used every day by management, including here on FT.

What really grinds my gears is whenever a club agent or F/A uses the term Onepass. Onepass is 100% dead! It does not exist anywhere in UA promotions or literature other than to acknowledge it as a program that has passed. So, UA staff, please stop using the term Onepass when you address us flyers! It is confusing and makes you look like you're clinging to the past.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax

What really grinds my gears is whenever a club agent or F/A uses the term Onepass. Onepass is 100% dead! It does not exist anywhere in UA promotions or literature other than to acknowledge it as a program that has passed. So, UA staff, please stop using the term Onepass when you address us flyers! It is confusing and makes you look like you're clinging to the past.
I also have had FA's thank GS and Presidential Platinum or invite both groups to board. Does PP still exist?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
CO wine glasses in domestic first.......
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
a FA thanked me for being an elite OnePass member on Sunday (ORD-PDX), and then made an announcement that the plane was "proudly being operated by a Houston-based Continental team".
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BearX220
Mine too, about a month ago, and it came from Houston. Some old CO accounts used for certain discrete purposes obviously haven't been merged yet.

if you look hard you will still see the old Proud Bird logo stamped on an old trolley or galley container once in awhile. Those things last forever.
The eagle? Haven't seen that in a while. I kinda wish they had used the meatball with the United typeface.

Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:55 am

As of a few weeks ago, the self checkin kiosks at the Newark Amtrak station were still branded CO
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
My paycheck still says Continental, does that count?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
When calling CS, occaisionally I am still asked for my One Pass number, and to be honest, when asked by cab drivers (or car rental buses)-- I'll still say "Continental". PS- when logging onto the web, I've yet to ever type 'United.com'. So their website is obviously taking both names as correct.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mauld
When calling CS, occaisionally I am still asked for my One Pass number, and to be honest, when asked by cab drivers (or car rental buses)-- I'll still say "Continental". PS- when logging onto the web, I've yet to ever type 'United.com'. So their website is obviously taking both names as correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if their internal systems request OnePass numbers and haven't been relabeled.

One agent was talking out loud the other day while processing a schedule change, and the reason code she picked was "Continental Airlines Schedule Change."
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
There's this completely useless CO message board that for reasons unknown continues to be operated and maintatined...despite the fact that UACO consoliated their frequent flyer program quite some time ago!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...re-merger-488/
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by clubord
My paycheck still says Continental, does that count?
and we have a winner ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.