Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 pm

I called MP today (45-minute hold!) regarding a different issue and asked about the delays in posting miles as well. I was told it could take up to 15 days for UA/CO and longer for partner miles to post. But the system will be back to normal "soon."
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by vvortex1
I called MP today (45-minute hold!) regarding a different issue and asked about the delays in posting miles as well. I was told it could take up to 15 days for UA/CO and longer for partner miles to post. But the system will be back to normal "soon."
Reminds me of Lucy on the chocolate factory line. Putting out one fire after another and getting further and further behind.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Reminds me of Lucy on the chocolate factory line. Putting out one fire after another and getting further and further behind.
Definitely a good way to describe the past week. UA

Originally Posted by vvortex1
I'm tired of them using that canned line. This is exactly the weakness with SHARES that we were afraid of. It was near impossible to get miles credited in a timely manner because of that 15 day nonsense from PMCO. The limitations of CO's inferior SHARES are clearly highlighted in this case as well--w/ FastAir, we typed in the ticket # on the old united.com, and the miles were instantly credited. With PMCO, they don't let you even touch anything for 15 days. Thats the minimum amount of time before they some agents even agree to LOOK at anything.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 12, 2012 at 4:15 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Originally Posted by hobo13
Oh yes, seems to be taking 5 days. I originally thought it was merger integration issues, but the PMCO folks around here tell us it is feature of CO's IT system.
It's one of the "undocumented" features of the PMCO website. After status reciprocity was granted last year, I started earning miles exclusively on the MP card because they posted 24-48 hours after flight. The PMCO system took anywhere from 5-21 days to post. And, if miles were missing, it took 14-21 days for the CO to credit the miles AFTER waiting 30 days after the flight to make the request.

Pre merger, PMUA's website was far superior to PMCO's, in my opinion.

Now, we can only hope UA will implement a constant improvement system and make the "new" UA site better.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by pviri
I flew on March 6 still not posted
Same here. My flights from the 6th have not posted.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:06 am

Request Missing Miles Credit: How is it taking?

I have requested mileage credit for Blue1 and Jet Airways flights.

Both requests were made on March 1st and I have still not been credited. The requests were made by e-mail to [email protected]. I have received an automated e-mail from Mileage Plus confirming receipt of my request.

How long should I expect this process to take?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No idea - it used to be online and automated, IME was only a few days.

Now with this "new" system, you have to e-mail everything in if it doesn't post (and SHARES struggles with this more than PMUA ever did), and then wait your time. Not even sure if I've seen any examples of missing miles requests go through post-3/3 yet.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Now with this "new" system, you have to e-mail everything in ...
I am going through this right now. The fun part of this new system which is obviously better than the old PMUA system, is trying to scan a mobile boarding pass which I used on my LH flights
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ORDFlyer33
I am going through this right now. The fun part of this new system which is obviously better than the old PMUA system, is trying to scan a mobile boarding pass which I used on my LH flights
I wonder what happens if you use a mobile boarding pass and your miles don't credit? Because on the United iphone app the mobile boarding passes eventually disappear and the links to the email mobile boarding pass go dead as well.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by scorp
similar thing
I flew on march 1 which was not posted.
but on march 4 after merger the return trip was posted .
When i requested credit it says already posted
I have the same issue. Just got through to MP after a 2 hour hold. Agent indicated the tapes (yes, she said tapes) have not yet been run for the flights that were posted to PMUA accounts just before the switch. My flights on 3/1 allegedly have been posted on the PMUA side but have thus yet to be transferred to the new account.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I flew on 3/4 on UA metal, UA ticket, using my OnePass #, no miles have posted.

great job CO!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Originally Posted by prestonh
I have the same issue. Just got through to MP after a 2 hour hold. Agent indicated the tapes (yes, she said tapes) have not yet been run for the flights that were posted to PMUA accounts just before the switch. My flights on 3/1 allegedly have been posted on the PMUA side but have thus yet to be transferred to the new account.
yes when i called MP yesterday. They said that miles are posted to old MP account and said it will be posted to new account within 24hrs.
still not yet posted.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
UAL is shooting itself in the foot

Despite promises from the MP desk and at least two attempts to contact through the web site, I'm still waiting for international fit posting from March 3 and March 8. I now regret having three more reservations in the hopper - one is another premium international fit.
And I need to make two additional reservations for premium international travel next month but I'm reluctant to do that on UAL until they resolve this mess. If predictions about taking 15 -45 days to resolve these problems hold true, I don't think I'll wait for UAL to get their act together. There is still 9 months left to quality on other carriers.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Hello fellow mileage is missing-ers!

From UA Insider's post in this thread, it looks like the mileage posting process was turned off again to reapply the correct mileage between city pairs. She said it will be turned on again tomorrow for flights since 3/6.

Now, my flight pre-3/6 did not post but that was due to the ON/R issue. That was apparently fixed and hopefully I'll see that credited along with the others.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Do partner-earned miles (e.g. flown on LH metal with LH flight#, but credited to MP) take much longer? Have one flight on 3/5 (UA codeshare, LH metal), another on 3/8 and yet another on 3/10 (latter two both LH metal & flight #)...should I expect to have these post around Thanksgiving?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.