Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The safe area insets are still not being respected, causing content to overlap with the iPhone multitasking bar (see screenshot)

This is very easily resolved with a minor CSS change and will improve usability on a variety of tablets and smartphones:

https://webkit.org/blog/7929/designi...-for-iphone-x/
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

please modify the text colour choices

The colour palate needs a lighter grey, please. The current grey is barely distinguishable from black: grey, black.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:40 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by fumje
The colour palate needs a lighter grey, please. The current grey is barely distinguishable from black: grey, black.
Can you please post a screenshot of what you're referring to? The grey where?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:06 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by getagb
The safe area insets are still not being respected, causing content to overlap with the iPhone multitasking bar (see screenshot)

This is very easily resolved with a minor CSS change and will improve usability on a variety of tablets and smartphones:

https://webkit.org/blog/7929/designi...-for-iphone-x/
I asked tech to fix
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:07 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrl767
snapshot of my post #197 upthread

partially to see what works and what doesn’t work; partially to reiterate that I fear we are fighting a losing battle

for a number that refers to a post within the thread, the auto-hashtag is fine; however, for a number that refers to ANYTHING ELSE, the fact that it sends you to the upthread post is **COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY USELESS**
It doesn't automatically send you to a post up-thread. I manually inserted that link just as an example.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Can you please post a screenshot of what you're referring to? The grey where?
The gray color seems to be darker than pre-September 9 update:

"The gray color seems to be darker than pre-September 9 update"

Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:21 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by narvik
The gray color seems to be darker than pre-September 9 update:

"The gray color seems to be darker than pre-September 9 update"

I think this may be your display settings. The gray looks quite middle-of-the-spectrum for me, nowhere near black.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this is another aspect of the font color palette issue I mentioned in Post #151 upthread; your response (Post #165 ) was "I'll look into it"

and note how annoying it is to click on the "hashtag link" and get a whole list of posts rather than actually being taken to the relevant post, which would occur if I actually embedded the link to the relevant post
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:32 am
Administrator

this is another aspect of the font color palette issue I mentioned in Post #151 upthread; your response (Post #165 ) was "I'll look into it"
I asked, but didn't get a response (I'll ask again), but your example doesn't look any different for me.

and note how annoying it is to click on the "hashtag link" and get a whole list of posts rather than actually being taken to the relevant post, which would occur if I actually embedded the link to the relevant post
If you copy/paste the post link to the post (which is how I believe it's always been required), it overrides the hashtag link.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
my complaint about the color palette was that there are fewer colors (6 to 10?) with less noticeable contrast levels between the shades in the same color family ... I've actually gone back into the source code of posts where I used the now-absent bright green to copy the hex code (16a085)

If you copy/paste the post link to the post (which is how I believe it's always been required), it overrides the hashtag link.
I'm well aware of how to link to a post; the issue with the hashtag is that it's the default formatting associated with the symbol ... while Twitter is no doubt popular, it is not universally used or beloved, and mimicking its mechanization is a nuisance (esp to non-twits like myself, aka the curmudgeonly minority) ... but as I said earlier, I guess we're just going to have to suck it up
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:47 am
Administrator

my complaint about the color palette was that there are fewer colors (6 to 10?) with less noticeable contrast levels between the shades in the same color family ... I've actually gone back into the source code of posts where I used the now-absent bright green to copy the hex code (16a085)
OK, does that grey look close to black for you?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:14 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
IBJoel what is the status on the "post and then get returned to the oldest post in a thread" glitch? It's been a week. For those of us who post the most often, this glitch is far and away the most annoying and frustrating and seems to be appropriate to be a highest priority fix.

It's been a week. It's super frustrating, very annoying, and increasingly more time consuming.

Colors can wait.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I think this may be your display settings. The gray looks quite middle-of-the-spectrum for me, nowhere near black.
Simple question then: has the color palette for gray changed to a darker hue with the September 9 update?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:26 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by bhrubin
IBJoel what is the status on the "post and then get returned to the oldest post in a thread" glitch? It's been a week. For those of us who post the most often, this glitch is far and away the most annoying and frustrating and seems to be appropriate to be a highest priority fix.

It's been a week. It's super frustrating, very annoying, and increasingly more time consuming.

Colors can wait.
It had to be bumped up to another tech team (the vbulletin core team), I have asked if it is ready to roll out.
narvik and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:28 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It had to be bumped up to another tech team (the vbulletin core team), I have asked if it is ready to roll out.
Haha I have no idea what the vbulletin team means in that regard, but thanks for the update!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.