Reload this Page >

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Old Sep 20, 19, 10:54 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Nice one!

Just tested AFTER clearing cache and can also confirm that it now works again!

Oops , maybe not!
Just tested on Desktop, Mobile w/ mobile skin, and Mobile w/desktop skin, and they all directed me to my own post, when I replied. I had Newest First set as my display order.
Old Sep 20, 19, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Can we no longer upload photos from our machines to insert in a post? Clicking "Insert Photo" is back to the "Please enter the URL of your image" of long ago, not the options to upload. Does this mean I need to again find a site to host my photos, upload them, get a URL, copy, paste, etc.?

The " How to post photos" thread isn't very helpful....
Old Sep 21, 19, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Just tested on Desktop, Mobile w/ mobile skin, and Mobile w/desktop skin, and they all directed me to my own post, when I replied. I had Newest First set as my display order.

It works, thank you!

(Forgot to clear cache on this computer first.)
IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
using Safari on iPhone

when I’m quoting a very long post, but only want to address one point toward the end, I’ll replace the first few paragraphs of text with “ ...” (selected the text to delete, but don’t recall if I overtyped or hit “backspace”)

when I hit “Submit” the display has the grey box with “Originally posted by” and the “ ... ”; then there’s a blank line with another grey box containing “Originally posted by” and the rest of the text, followed by another blank line and my reply

the source code has multiple instances of “[ color = # 333333 ]” and “[ / color ]” (spaces added); by deleting some of those I can get rid of the extra grey box so the entire quote appears in a single box
Old Sep 21, 19, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "like" link has only worked for me about 80% of the time since the recent upgrade...seemingly not a browser issue because I don't notice any difference across devices.

On a completely different topic, there don't seem to be any obvious links to this forum on the ft home page or under the forums menu.
Old Sep 21, 19, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
using Safari on iPhone (I think I experienced with Chrome on a laptop also, but can’t say for certain)

copy/paste occasionally duplicates line breaks (multiple lines, with a blank line between each, in the original wind up with two lines between each)

I haven’t looked at the source code when this happened as it was a simple matter to backspace away the extra lines
Old Sep 21, 19, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
The FT menu bar should just disappear as you scroll. Does it not?
It doesn’t, but the issue is that the buttons are covered by the multitasking bar (the line at the bottom center of the screen; see my original screenshot). So if I want to go forward or backward I have to tap it once to raise it above the multitasking bar, and then again to actually click the correct button.
Old Sep 22, 19, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ibjoeltest View Post
I see it too and will report
Any update? It's really annoying as you can start typing and then the box goes away, followed by waiting for it to finally come back. It takes long enough sometimes you wonder if page stopped loading.
Old Sep 23, 19, 7:43 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
Can we no longer upload photos from our machines to insert in a post? Clicking "Insert Photo" is back to the "Please enter the URL of your image" of long ago, not the options to upload. Does this mean I need to again find a site to host my photos, upload them, get a URL, copy, paste, etc.?

The " How to post photos" thread isn't very helpful....
You'll want to be clicking on the "postcard" icon. Not the "paperclip" icon.

Old Sep 23, 19, 7:47 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
using Safari on iPhone

when I’m quoting a very long post, but only want to address one point toward the end, I’ll replace the first few paragraphs of text with “ ...” (selected the text to delete, but don’t recall if I overtyped or hit “backspace”)

when I hit “Submit” the display has the grey box with “Originally posted by” and the “ ... ”; then there’s a blank line with another grey box containing “Originally posted by” and the rest of the text, followed by another blank line and my reply

the source code has multiple instances of “[ color = # 333333 ]” and “[ / color ]” (spaces added); by deleting some of those I can get rid of the extra grey box so the entire quote appears in a single box
Can you please quote this post or provide an example, so I can take a look? I'll provide a little more text, so it's easier to separate with an ellipsis.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. How vexingly quick daft zebras jump!

OK, I think that's enough pangrams for this post.
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:17 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
The "like" link has only worked for me about 80% of the time since the recent upgrade...seemingly not a browser issue because I don't notice any difference across devices.

On a completely different topic, there don't seem to be any obvious links to this forum on the ft home page or under the forums menu.
That is because this forum is essentially only used for technical issues of the forum, but the forum menu is designed more for those non-members reading articles that want a "deeper dive" and regular members who read articles and just want a way to get to the forums (and usually their program of choice) quickly.

Are there specific posts that your "Like" doesn't work on? Does it work if you press it a second time? I know you said it's on different devices, but do you use a common browser for them (Safari or Chrome come to mind)?
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:20 am
Administrator

using Safari on iPhone (I think I experienced with Chrome on a laptop also, but can’t say for certain)

copy/paste occasionally duplicates line breaks (multiple lines, with a blank line between each, in the original wind up with two lines between each)

I haven’t looked at the source code when this happened as it was a simple matter to backspace away the extra lines
IBobi Will need to test this out, as I do not have an Apple device. I have not experienced this on Chrome/Desktop (even when I copy/pasted your post).
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:23 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Any update? It's really annoying as you can start typing and then the box goes away, followed by waiting for it to finally come back. It takes long enough sometimes you wonder if page stopped loading.
None yet. Keep in mind that no one is in the office during weekends, but I did ask for an update from tech.
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:25 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by getagb View Post
It doesn’t, but the issue is that the buttons are covered by the multitasking bar (the line at the bottom center of the screen; see my original screenshot). So if I want to go forward or backward I have to tap it once to raise it above the multitasking bar, and then again to actually click the correct button.
OK, do the FT menu buttons disappear when scrolling if you clear your cache? That they don't disappear seems to be the root of this, since that's not normal behavior. Also, do you have it set to see the newest posts first (on the first page)?

Last edited by IBJoel; Sep 23, 19 at 8:32 am
Old Sep 23, 19, 1:49 pm
Administrator

OK, so it seems like they may be a result of the page you're copying from already having those colors/formatting. Those are then copied into the text editor. It happens to me a lot when I copy/paste email press releases on other sites.

Search this Thread