Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Old Sep 11, 19, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
OK, so support for the WYSIWYG editor was dropped with the update. If you switch to Full CKEditor in your options, you will have all the functions of the old WYSIWIG and more
Ok, understood -- thanks!

Silly question: If it's no longer supported, why is is still an option?

(And/or why didn't the Full CKEditor simply replace the WYSIWYG as the "Enhanced Interface" for anyone who had that selected, rather than just breaking usability completely?)

Old Sep 11, 19, 6:06 pm
Administrator
Original Poster

Because the other editors are part of the core software and can't easily be switched off.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
My biggest issue is that after posting a reply in a thread, it takes me to the "last" page of the thread. Since I (and most frequent posters I know) have the "newest first" flag set, that means it takes me back to post #1 instead of staying with the most recent posts.

I'd also love it if you could fix the big with # - it should not automatically convert that to a link and force me to edit the reply every time I use it.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
I'd also love it if you could fix the big bug with # - it should not automatically convert that to a link and force me to edit the reply every time I use it.
thanks for reminding me how much I also hate that “feature”
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
My POST QUICK REPLY button doesn't work half the time. Oddly, it works here!
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:25 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
My biggest issue is that after posting a reply in a thread, it takes me to the "last" page of the thread. Since I (and most frequent posters I know) have the "newest first" flag set, that means it takes me back to post #1 instead of staying with the most recent posts.

I'd also love it if you could fix the big with # - it should not automatically convert that to a link and force me to edit the reply every time I use it.
This is because it takes you to your own post in the event that you need to edit anything. I'm obviously replying to a ton of posts in this thread and the way I do it is just open "Quote" in a new tab and close it when I submit, thus going back to the last post I was reading.

The #hashtag or #pound reading as a "website" is due to the hashtag subscriptions you can edit here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/user...shsubscription
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:31 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
My POST QUICK REPLY button doesn't work half the time. Oddly, it works here!
What's your browser/device? Does it work differently in different threads or differently by system you use?
Old Sep 12, 19, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
The #hashtag or #pound reading as a "website" is due to the hashtag subscriptions you can edit here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/user...shsubscription
I have NO subscriptions; please explain how to inhibit that "functionality" so that the # symbol appears as a symbol without automatically inserting "url=https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=hashtag" and "/url" in the source code of the post
Mwenenzi and narvik like this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 9:55 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
I have NO subscriptions; please explain how to inhibit that "functionality" so that the # symbol appears as a symbol without automatically inserting "url=https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=hashtag" and "/url" in the source code of the post
You don't. It's meant so that if someone is subscribed, they get a notification. But also if someone wants to learn more about, say #delta or #united , they can click on it and find more posts related to that. It's similar to Twitter.
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:45 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@IBJoel what's the status on fixing the "post in a thread and then get returned to the oldest page of the thread instead of the most recent page" glitch? It's REALLY annoying for those of us who are most active here.
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:54 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
@IBJoel what's the status on fixing the "post in a thread and then get returned to the oldest page of the thread instead of the most recent page" glitch? It's REALLY annoying for those of us who are most active here.
I'll ask. Keep in mind that this is only occurring for those who've switched their thread display mode to "Newest First", so it's not the default option.
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:59 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I'll ask. Keep in mind that this is only occurring for those who've switched their thread display mode to "Newest First", so it's not the default option.
My thread display always was set to Newest First. I didn't switch anything. Your system update switched it/caused the issue!
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:11 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

So again I never changed my thread display: it always was and still was Newest First after the update.

As a test, I just changed that to Oldest First and back to Newest First. Same issue--I'm still returned to the oldest posts in the threads for which I post.

I am not sent to the oldest posts when I select any thread, however. It's only when I POST in the thread that I am wrongly sent to the oldest post in the thread.
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:16 am
Administrator

My thread display always was set to Newest First. I didn't switch anything. Your system update switched it.
Right, so the update changed the behavior of how it functions when you submit a new post. I was just saying that no user account is created with "Newest First" selected in User Options.
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:18 am
Administrator

So again I never changed my thread display: it always was and still was Newest First after the update.

As a test, I just changed that to Oldest First and back to Newest First. Same issue--I'm still returned to the oldest posts in the threads for which I post.

I am not sent to the oldest posts when I select any thread, however. It's only when I POST in the thread that I am wrongly sent to the oldest post in the thread.
So when you posted while you had "Oldest First" enabled, it took you to the first page, instead of your post?

Search this Thread