Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Old Sep 11, 19, 7:28 am
  #166  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
I just looked on Safari and I still have the same blue and white buttons like I do on Chrome. What are people talking about with the orange buttons and yellow highlights?
You can ignore that. We had switched them to orange, but then back to blue, upon feedback.
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:47 am
  #167  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by david22 View Post
I was participating in a thread and somehow during the upgrade / maintenance window, something strange happened to the posts that were posted during a specific period of time.

See this thread (post number 857). Posts 841 - 855 are just gone. But I posted one of those and if I go to my user dashboard and click on "My Posts" and navigate to it, it loads a version of the thread that has those posts again (here's a direct link to one missing post). But every time I load it directly from subscribed threads they don't appear.

Cache consistency problem?
Those posts are showing up for me when I use the former link. Ctrl+F5? It does indeed seem like a caching issue.
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:49 am
  #168  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Using the Spoiler-tag around an IMG-tag adds a outlined box below the spoiler button
Did you not experience that before? I never use the IMG tags (just the file uploader), but that's how I've seen that work on forums since 10 or 20 years ago.
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:08 am
  #169  
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Those posts are showing up for me when I use the former link. Ctrl+F5? It does indeed seem like a caching issue.
Weird... it happens on multiple devices for me. All Chrome, but different versions, etc.

SIgned in / signed out. Incognito / not. Mobile / not. I just tried it on a brand new device and same thing!

Maybe... some sort of CDN at play here?
david22 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:11 am
  #170  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by david22 View Post
Weird... it happens on multiple devices for me. All Chrome, but different versions, etc.

SIgned in / signed out. Incognito / not. Mobile / not. I just tried it on a brand new device and same thing!

Maybe... some sort of CDN at play here?
CDN?
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:40 am
  #171  
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
CDN?
Sorry, content delivery network... i.e. edge caches that cache content near users (though dynamic content is less common). Just a wild theory that would explain a correlation between multiple devices / etc. on one ISPs or in a specific geographic region.

Or maybe there's something strange about all of my devices. *shrug*
david22 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:59 am
  #172  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by prestonh View Post
I use a malware/tracer block and now get a splash screen hiding the site for nearly a minute. Sorry but if you don't value the privacy of my identity by blocking known id trafficking sites then I'm probably not interested in this site anymore.
Did you clear your cache?
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 12:59 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: UA, AS, UR, MR
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Just scanning some of the issues here and to be frank it seems like shocking incompetence. I run a web development company and a lot of these issues are basic and claims that the staging environment couldn't accurately replicate the production one are weak.
“This has become a massive mess in an awfully short time, clearly something that was not planned and executed as well as it needed to be.” Oops, that was the SFO runway haha. Seriously though, Monday morning downtime likely wasn’t ideal.
vanillabean is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:08 pm
  #174  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Eurobinus silver (!), Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 10,361
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Did you not experience that before? I never use the IMG tags (just the file uploader), but that's how I've seen that work on forums since 10 or 20 years ago.
Well, the image uploader disappeared for me with this update and I was forced to use IMG tag for the first time in ages!

Not sure if my image uploader disappearance was caused by the update, but at least that is why I've never seen the outline before.
intuition is online now  
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:33 pm
  #175  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Well, the image uploader disappeared for me with this update and I was forced to use IMG tag for the first time in ages!

Not sure if my image uploader disappearance was caused by the update, but at least that is why I've never seen the outline before.
Do you have the ability to upload now? If not, could you please email me a screenshot? [email protected]
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:35 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,475
Firefox 69.0 on the Mac.

I was unable to respond to any posts or send any private messages -- the reply boxes were always greyed out. If I tried to quote, the text would briefly display before the box greying out. I went into my settings and changed from WYSIWYG display to simple text, and it seems to be working for now.
Attached Images   
ursine1 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:44 pm
  #177  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Eurobinus silver (!), Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 10,361
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Do you have the ability to upload now? If not, could you please email me a screenshot?

E-mail sent.
IBJoel likes this.
intuition is online now  
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:53 pm
  #178  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
Firefox 69.0 on the Mac.

I was unable to respond to any posts or send any private messages -- the reply boxes were always greyed out. If I tried to quote, the text would briefly display before the box greying out. I went into my settings and changed from WYSIWYG display to simple text, and it seems to be working for now.
OK, so support for the WYSIWYG editor was dropped with the update. If you switch to Full CKEditor in your options, you will have all the functions of the old WYSIWIG and more
IBJoel is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:20 pm
  #179  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 47,314
When I select "New Mentions" ,"New Post Quotes" ,.... I first see the top of the relevant report page and in a few seconds it bounces down to the bottom and I need to scroll back
(Might be related to the added display of the info on the far right side (friends, recent visitors, ...)

FF 69.0, W10, laptop, no helper apps

Does not happen in other browsers

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 11, 19 at 2:27 pm Reason: more
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Sep 11, 19, 3:42 pm
  #180  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: Internet Brands
Posts: 1,736
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
When I select "New Mentions" ,"New Post Quotes" ,.... I first see the top of the relevant report page and in a few seconds it bounces down to the bottom and I need to scroll back
(Might be related to the added display of the info on the far right side (friends, recent visitors, ...)

FF 69.0, W10, laptop, no helper apps

Does not happen in other browsers
I'll check this out
IBJoel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread