Wiki Posts
Search

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:28 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I just looked on Safari and I still have the same blue and white buttons like I do on Chrome. What are people talking about with the orange buttons and yellow highlights?
You can ignore that. We had switched them to orange, but then back to blue, upon feedback.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:47 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by david22
I was participating in a thread and somehow during the upgrade / maintenance window, something strange happened to the posts that were posted during a specific period of time.

See this thread (post number 857). Posts 841 - 855 are just gone. But I posted one of those and if I go to my user dashboard and click on "My Posts" and navigate to it, it loads a version of the thread that has those posts again (here's a direct link to one missing post). But every time I load it directly from subscribed threads they don't appear.

Cache consistency problem?
Those posts are showing up for me when I use the former link. Ctrl+F5? It does indeed seem like a caching issue.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:49 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by intuition
Using the Spoiler-tag around an IMG-tag adds a outlined box below the spoiler button
Did you not experience that before? I never use the IMG tags (just the file uploader), but that's how I've seen that work on forums since 10 or 20 years ago.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Those posts are showing up for me when I use the former link. Ctrl+F5? It does indeed seem like a caching issue.
Weird... it happens on multiple devices for me. All Chrome, but different versions, etc.

SIgned in / signed out. Incognito / not. Mobile / not. I just tried it on a brand new device and same thing!

Maybe... some sort of CDN at play here?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:11 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by david22
Weird... it happens on multiple devices for me. All Chrome, but different versions, etc.

SIgned in / signed out. Incognito / not. Mobile / not. I just tried it on a brand new device and same thing!

Maybe... some sort of CDN at play here?
CDN?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

CDN?
Sorry, content delivery network... i.e. edge caches that cache content near users (though dynamic content is less common). Just a wild theory that would explain a correlation between multiple devices / etc. on one ISPs or in a specific geographic region.

Or maybe there's something strange about all of my devices. *shrug*
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:59 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by prestonh
I use a malware/tracer block and now get a splash screen hiding the site for nearly a minute. Sorry but if you don't value the privacy of my identity by blocking known id trafficking sites then I'm probably not interested in this site anymore.
Did you clear your cache?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Just scanning some of the issues here and to be frank it seems like shocking incompetence. I run a web development company and a lot of these issues are basic and claims that the staging environment couldn't accurately replicate the production one are weak.
“This has become a massive mess in an awfully short time, clearly something that was not planned and executed as well as it needed to be.” Oops, that was the SFO runway haha. Seriously though, Monday morning downtime likely wasn’t ideal.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Did you not experience that before? I never use the IMG tags (just the file uploader), but that's how I've seen that work on forums since 10 or 20 years ago.
Well, the image uploader disappeared for me with this update and I was forced to use IMG tag for the first time in ages!

Not sure if my image uploader disappearance was caused by the update, but at least that is why I've never seen the outline before.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:33 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by intuition
Well, the image uploader disappeared for me with this update and I was forced to use IMG tag for the first time in ages!

Not sure if my image uploader disappearance was caused by the update, but at least that is why I've never seen the outline before.
Do you have the ability to upload now? If not, could you please email me a screenshot? [email protected]
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:35 pm

Firefox 69.0 on the Mac.

I was unable to respond to any posts or send any private messages -- the reply boxes were always greyed out. If I tried to quote, the text would briefly display before the box greying out. I went into my settings and changed from WYSIWYG display to simple text, and it seems to be working for now.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Do you have the ability to upload now? If not, could you please email me a screenshot?

E-mail sent.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:53 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by ursine1
Firefox 69.0 on the Mac.

I was unable to respond to any posts or send any private messages -- the reply boxes were always greyed out. If I tried to quote, the text would briefly display before the box greying out. I went into my settings and changed from WYSIWYG display to simple text, and it seems to be working for now.
OK, so support for the WYSIWYG editor was dropped with the update. If you switch to Full CKEditor in your options, you will have all the functions of the old WYSIWIG and more
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
When I select "New Mentions" ,"New Post Quotes" ,.... I first see the top of the relevant report page and in a few seconds it bounces down to the bottom and I need to scroll back
(Might be related to the added display of the info on the far right side (friends, recent visitors, ...)

FF 69.0, W10, laptop, no helper apps

Does not happen in other browsers

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 11, 2019 at 2:27 pm Reason: more
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:42 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
When I select "New Mentions" ,"New Post Quotes" ,.... I first see the top of the relevant report page and in a few seconds it bounces down to the bottom and I need to scroll back
(Might be related to the added display of the info on the far right side (friends, recent visitors, ...)

FF 69.0, W10, laptop, no helper apps

Does not happen in other browsers
I'll check this out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.