Reload this Page >

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Software update issues: September 9, 2019

Old Sep 12, 19, 11:27 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
So when you posted while you had "Oldest First" enabled, it took you to the first page, instead of your post?
No when I changed it to Oldest First it did take me the oldest post. Though I hadn't posted at that time.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
You don't. It's meant so that if someone is subscribed, they get a notification. But also if someone wants to learn more about, say #delta or #united , they can click on it and find more posts related to that. It's similar to Twitter.
so those of us who actually want to use the "number sign" or "pound symbol" as such are SOL, and we have to edit the source code of our posts to remove the default HTML tagging ... I suspect we are a minority of users, which apparently makes that mechanization ok ...
Mwenenzi and narvik like this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 12:03 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
No when I changed it to Oldest First it did take me the oldest post. Though I hadn't posted at that time.
We've bumped this up to higher priority
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 12:47 pm

Programs: Once again lowly AA Gold. Lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios + some UA miles, former CO Plat
Hello!

I am one of the longtime contributors to the "Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion" in the Travel Buzz section. I encountered a major problem today while composing a new set of airline quiz items. Following several hours of work, I received an error message followed by my lengthy post being completely wiped out without a trace before I had completed it. I did try to reload but no joy. Usually my posts are automatically saved as I enter them so I can then retrieve them if a problem is encountered while in progress (and this has worked great in the past). However, this did not happen this time. Is there any way I might retrieve my post in progress or will I have to start over from scratch? Very frustrating!

Thanks for your assistance and advice in advance.
IBobi and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, LH FTL, BA Gold, TK Elite, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Diamond, A-Club Silver, Hertz 5*
I have been struggling for the last two hours trying to finish a (long) post, with pictures and everytime I add some pictures and text, it deletes what I added before. Is there now a limit of the post size ? Pretty frustrating... I am on Mac OS 10.13.6 and using Firefox 69.0
Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:26 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
Hello!

I am one of the longtime contributors to the "Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion" in the Travel Buzz section. I encountered a major problem today while composing a new set of airline quiz items. Following several hours of work, I received an error message followed by my lengthy post being completely wiped out without a trace before I had completed it. I did try to reload but no joy. Usually my posts are automatically saved as I enter them so I can then retrieve them if a problem is encountered while in progress (and this has worked great in the past). However, this did not happen this time. Is there any way I might retrieve my post in progress or will I have to start over from scratch? Very frustrating!

Thanks for your assistance and advice in advance.
Unfortunately after testing, it is lost. This looks like the Auto-Save feature is not working and I have told tech to re-enable.

I'm getting a button that allows me to restore what I wrote in a previous editor. Are you not seeing the same as below? Tech said it should auto-save after 60sec/1min. If not, what browser/device are you on? (P.S. I asked if there was anyway they could get me your lengthy content back).

Last edited by IBJoel; Sep 12, 19 at 1:54 pm
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:31 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
I have been struggling for the last two hours trying to finish a (long) post, with pictures and everytime I add some pictures and text, it deletes what I added before. Is there now a limit of the post size ? Pretty frustrating... I am on Mac OS 10.13.6 and using Firefox 69.0
Thanks.
I'm not aware of any limit under 100MB (and I believe even that is not in effect). Could you please email me that content, so I can test it out? [email protected]
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Another lower priority but outstanding issue that was just as true before the update but which seems even worse after the update:

Reaching your profile. It used to take a longer than necessary time for the website to actually take us to our profile. There never was any excuse, but it always took like 10-15 seconds at least after hitting your name link on the MyFlyerTalk page or even the Your Profile link under the Control Panel.

Now it takes 30-45 seconds to get to your actual profile page! It delays to get there now...and then semi-loads and delays as the tabs and other details finally load/populate. It is freaking annoying.

Please fix!
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:59 pm
Administrator

Another lower priority but outstanding issue that was just as true before the update but which seems even worse after the update:

Reaching your profile. It used to take a longer than necessary time for the website to actually take us to our profile. There never was any excuse, but it always took like 10-15 seconds at least after hitting your name link on the MyFlyerTalk page or even the Your Profile link under the Control Panel.

Now it takes 30-45 seconds to get to your actual profile page! It delays to get there now...and then semi-loads and delays as the tabs and other details finally load/populate. It is freaking annoying.

Please fix!
Going to a variety of Profile pages (my own, yours, other users) loads almost instantly for me. Have you tried different devices and browsers?
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Going to a variety of Profile pages (my own, yours, other users) loads almost instantly for me. Have you tried different devices and browsers?
Chrome, Safari, Mac iOs, Windows, Android, iPad, MacBook, it never matters.

Is it possible that I'm being screwed by my own large list of hotel reviews that causes that page to load painfully slow?
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: Once again lowly AA Gold. Lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios + some UA miles, former CO Plat
Unfortunately after testing, it is lost. This looks like the Auto-Save feature is not working and I have told tech to re-enable.

I'm getting a button that allows me to restore what I wrote in a previous editor. Are you not seeing the same as below? Tech said it should auto-save after 60sec/1min. If not, what browser/device are you on? (P.S. I asked if there was anyway they could get me your lengthy content back).

Normally, I do see the Restore Auto-Saved Content button. However, this time I do not believe it was there. I will look for it when I have time to reconstitute my post and report back.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OK, I just tested the auto restore on my iPad and I don't see the words in the lower left corner of the text box for my "quick reply" now. I know it was working for me earlier today.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:12 pm
Administrator

Is it possible that I'm being screwed by my own large list of hotel reviews that causes that page to load painfully slow?
Actually, after testing off of the main IB network, yes.

I'll ask tech if there's some kind of fix or alternative formatting we can implement.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Actually, after testing off of the main IB network, yes.

I'll ask tech if there's some kind of fix or alternative formatting we can implement.
Thanks! I'd hate to think my contributions are screwing me.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS, UA, SK, UR, MR
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Full site is completely broken in MobileSafari with an adblocker. Blank page. Clearing cache and resetting to the mobile site works.

Yes, I am a horrible person for using an adblocker. Except you guys suck in your ad vetting; I’m pretty sure that $1000 Amazon gift card or iPhone I allegedly won is a spam ad. I won’t remove adblockers if you guys allow spammy clickjacking ads in your ad network. Sorry not sorry.
Me too including mobile Safari.

And while we’re at it, must flyvertalk ads be animated? Do you have any data supporting a financial benefit? (I wouldn’t mind paying an annual fee for ad-free, but don’t see it mentioned as an option.)

At times the visual triggers bring up thoughts of whether my doctor should have me checked for borderline misokinesia.

Joel, in August 2015, before your time here on flyertalk, I wrote about such distraction in one of my first posts.

Why crawl when you can stand still? [ditracting headline sroll]
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread