FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

SQ319 May 25, 14 8:40 pm


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22924251)
I do note think so for Citibank cards but best read the current T&Cs.

Yup just double checked, there is a S$12k spend limit. (S$1 = 10 Citi Dollars)


. The maximum Citi Dollars earned from spending in the above mentioned categories that can be credited to each Eligible Cardholder's card account in each year (i.e. 365 days from the date of (i) the establishment of the card account; or (ii) renewal of the card account) is 120,000 Citi Dollars.
Anyway, 2 ongoing promotions for UOB PRVIMiles

Promotion 1
From 1 June to 31 July 2014, spend a minimum of S$1,200 overseas and earn 4 miles for every S$1 spent at DFS Singapore Changi Airport and Cruise Centres.

Promotion 2
For every S$50 spent on your registered American Express® Card from now to 17 August 2014, receive a S$10 voucher* - up to S$30 worth of vouchers* per registered Card! (This promotion applies to all Singapore issued Amex Cards from Amex, Citi, UOB and DBS)

vsepr May 25, 14 9:17 pm

Round-trip SIN-BKK-NRT on THAI in First Class only S$1400!

Air Canada’s Aeroplan redemption within Asia is very low. 20k Y, 30K J, 50k F.
http://www4.aeroplan.com/FlightRewardChart.do

If you buy Starpoints, you can transfer to Aeroplan 1:1. Every 20k miles, get 5k bonus.

Buy 20k Starpoints for US$525 (25% discount till 31 May 2014): https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...mm&c=SWAccSumm

Buy another 20k Starpoints, put in your family member’s account, must be same address. After that transfer 20k to your own SPG account. After that transfer 40k to Aeroplan. End up you get 50k miles!

Total: US$525x2 = US$1050!! = S$1323. If you want to choose your own flights, call Air Canada HKG, C$30 charge. If redeem online, its free.

lcpteck May 25, 14 9:45 pm


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22924291)
Yup just double checked, there is a S$12k spend limit. (S$1 = 10 Citi Dollars)

Thanks for the checking.


Originally Posted by SQ319
Anyway, 2 ongoing promotions for UOB PRVIMiles

Promotion 1
From 1 June to 31 July 2014, spend a minimum of S$1,200 overseas and earn 4 miles for every S$1 spent at DFS Singapore Changi Airport and Cruise Centres.

Promotion 2
For every S$50 spent on your registered American Express® Card from now to 17 August 2014, receive a S$10 voucher* - up to S$30 worth of vouchers* per registered Card! (This promotion applies to all Singapore issued Amex Cards from Amex, Citi, UOB and DBS)

I feel the first promotion is not worth going for unless you already have trips planned hence will need to spend overseas AND have lots of stuff to buy at DFS. :p The reason being Citibank Rewards Card earns 4 miles every S$1 spend at DFS Singapore Changi Airport & Cruise Centres and Perfumes & Cosmetics.

lingua101 May 25, 14 10:32 pm


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924420)
Round-trip SIN-BKK-NRT on THAI in First Class only S$1400!

why only on TG?

vsepr May 25, 14 11:29 pm


Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 22924612)
why only on TG?

It's just an example. Only TG First Class has most award seats I checked. You can mix around the airlines.

Business Class is US$682.50 = S$860. Eg: SIN-TPE-CTS-FUK-TPE-HKG-SIN.

LuisHK May 25, 14 11:57 pm


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924420)
Round-trip SIN-BKK-NRT on THAI in First Class only S$1400!

Air Canada’s Aeroplan redemption within Asia is very low. 20k Y, 30K J, 50k F.
http://www4.aeroplan.com/FlightRewardChart.do

If you buy Starpoints, you can transfer to Aeroplan 1:1. Every 20k miles, get 5k bonus.

Buy 20k Starpoints for US$525 (25% discount till 31 May 2014): https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...mm&c=SWAccSumm

Buy another 20k Starpoints, put in your family member’s account, must be same address. After that transfer 20k to your own SPG account. After that transfer 40k to Aeroplan. End up you get 50k miles!

Total: US$525x2 = US$1050!! = S$1323. If you want to choose your own flights, call Air Canada HKG, C$30 charge. If redeem online, its free.

Very good one! Especially Aeroplan still don't have those annoying fuel surcharges for selected operator!

vsepr May 26, 14 12:02 am


Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 22924768)
Very good one! Especially Aeroplan still don't have those annoying fuel surcharges!

There are fuel surcharges to be paid. You can sign up for a free account and do dummy bookings. It will show the taxes you need to pay in C$. Price quoted above is for buying the miles required only.

SQ319 May 26, 14 12:07 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924420)
Round-trip SIN-BKK-NRT on THAI in First Class only S$1400!

Air Canada’s Aeroplan redemption within Asia is very low. 20k Y, 30K J, 50k F.
http://www4.aeroplan.com/FlightRewardChart.do

If you buy Starpoints, you can transfer to Aeroplan 1:1. Every 20k miles, get 5k bonus.

Buy 20k Starpoints for US$525 (25% discount till 31 May 2014): https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...mm&c=SWAccSumm

Buy another 20k Starpoints, put in your family member’s account, must be same address. After that transfer 20k to your own SPG account. After that transfer 40k to Aeroplan. End up you get 50k miles!

Total: US$525x2 = US$1050!! = S$1323. If you want to choose your own flights, call Air Canada HKG, C$30 charge. If redeem online, its free.


You haven't included the taxes and surcharges??

LuisHK May 26, 14 12:27 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924778)
There are fuel surcharges to be paid. You can sign up for a free account and do dummy bookings. It will show the taxes you need to pay in C$. Price quoted above is for buying the miles required only.

I used to redeem flights from SIN to HKG on SQ business via aeroplan, paying around C$50+ for taxes.

Has that been changed? I know they waive YQ for UA as well.

vsepr May 26, 14 12:27 am


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22924787)
You haven't included the taxes and surcharges??

No. The price quoted is for buying the miles.

From TG's website, SIN-BKK-NRT-BKK-SIN:

taxes and surcharges information

Adult traveller(s)

Surcharge (YQAP)

433.60 SGD

Insurance Surcharge

25.60 SGD

Passenger Service and Security Charge - SINGAPOR (SGAD)

19.90 SGD

Aviation Levy - Singapore

6.10 SGD

Passenger Security Service Charge

8.00 SGD

Passenger Service Facilities Charge - JAPAN (SWAE)

26.20 SGD

PSGR Security Service Charge for International Departures

6.60 SGD


total taxes = 526.00 SGD

Price of Royal Silk Class ticket: S$2,210.00 (Buy miles from SPG, redeem thru Aeroplan pay S$860)

(excludes taxes and surcharges)

Price of Royal First Class ticket: S$4,200.00 (Buy miles from SPG, redeem thru Aeroplan pay S$1400)

(excludes taxes and surcharges)

Still cheaper!

vsepr May 26, 14 12:29 am


Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 22924828)
I used to redeem flights from SIN to HKG on SQ business via aeroplan, paying around C$50+ for taxes.

Has that been changed? I know they waive YQ for UA as well.

I don't know. Please do a dummy booking. They will show the taxes and fuel surcharge you need to pay even if you do not have enough miles.

planetshakers May 26, 14 12:29 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924716)
It's just an example. Only TG First Class has most award seats I checked. You can mix around the airlines.

Business Class is US$682.50 = S$860. Eg: SIN-TPE-CTS-FUK-TPE-HKG-SIN.


The taxes / fuel charges for SIN-BKK-NRT round trip on TG is about CAD$450.

Aeroplan has no YQ for EVA and SQ, and ANA domestic. Better choose them instead of TG unless you can route HKG to reduce the YQ.

planetshakers May 26, 14 12:30 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924831)
I don't know. Please do a dummy booking. They will show the taxes and fuel surcharge you need to pay even if you do not have enough miles.

No YQ on SQ for aeroplan still :)

But you will not get biz on A380,, only the 777s.

LuisHK May 26, 14 12:34 am


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924831)
I don't know. Please do a dummy booking. They will show the taxes and fuel surcharge you need to pay even if you do not have enough miles.

I've just checked. Aeroplan still don't charge a number of airlines for YQ.
SQ, UA, CA just to name a few.

Enjoy while it lasts...

vsepr May 26, 14 12:40 am


Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 22924832)
The taxes / fuel charges for SIN-BKK-NRT round trip on TG is about CAD$450.

Aeroplan has no YQ for EVA and SQ, and ANA domestic. Better choose them instead of TG unless you can route HKG to reduce the YQ.

WOW!! That's a huge savings!! EVA charges YQ US$100 per flight!!
I did a dummy booking SIN-TPE-SIN on SQ & BR:
The taxes:

Singapore Passenger Security Service Charge $7.20
Singapore Aviation Levy $5.50
Singapore Passenger Service Charge $17.90
Taiwan Airport Service Charge $10.90
Total per passenger $41.50
Total passengers 1
$41.50
Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges (CAD)$41.50

REALLY NO FUEL SURCHARGES!! OMG!!

Question: If I want to select flights rather than system generated itinerary, I need to call the Hong Kong Call centre and pay extra C$30? Because I want to choose my own connecting flights and not system generated one.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:48 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.