FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

carrotjuice May 26, 14 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22926092)
Yes!! I have monthly insurance premiums to pay for Great Eastern Life at AXS!! S$109.85 = 130.8 miles gone!!

ALL BANKS ARE SLOWLY REMOVING GOODIES!!

I suppose that's still OK if you sign up for direct debiting from your credit card... since this change to removal miles earned affects only charges made through AXS?

carrotjuice May 26, 14 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by mingster23 (Post 22925492)
Just checked my very first statement which was Nov 13 and only had one transaction - a tax payment

Tax was 5870.18 and miles were 8218. 1.4 miles for every $1

In fact just checked my April statement too.. total travel $ earned divided by new charges again equals 1.4.

So i'm pretty sure the reduction from 1.4 miles to 1 mile per $1 for tax is a very new development.

Then it's good for you as you got more than what was officially advertised previously! :)

planetshakers May 26, 14 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22928579)
If I am doing Singapore-TPE-NRT-PVG-SIN on a selection of SQ/BR/ANA combination,

How many miles do I need?

That would be 45k/70k Kf miles or 20k/30k aeroplan miles in economy / business class round trip if your final destination is NRT.

vsepr May 26, 14 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 22927133)
You can only call the canadian call center from their time 7am to 12am. CAD $30 per pax charges apply for phone booking. Use SKYPE or some other VOIP and top up some credits and call them. It took me 2 hours on the phone to complete the booking.

SIN-SGN SQ old Biz
SGN-TPE BR 777 Royal Laurel
TPE-NRT BR A330 Hello Kitty Premium Laurel
NRT-ICN OZ A380 Biz
ICN-TPE BR A330 Premium Laurel
TPE-HKG BR 747 Premium Laurel
HKG-BKK TG Economy
BKK-SIN SQ old Biz

Previously, wanted to book ANA NRT-PVG on 787 dreamliner biz but the it was too much of a hassle. Also, for HKG / HAN, if you want, you can try the BR MD90, its an experience not to be missed! :)

Wow...must factor in the IDD call charges too.

ICN-TPE BR A330 Premium Laurel is Hello Kitty too. "Loves Apples" Jet.
BR159.

vsepr May 26, 14 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22928731)
I suppose that's still OK if you sign up for direct debiting from your credit card... since this change to removal miles earned affects only charges made through AXS?

No direct debiting from credit card for Great Eastern Life insurance premiums. Only GIRO is recurring payment.

vsepr May 26, 14 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 22929064)
That would be 45k/70k Kf miles or 20k/30k aeroplan miles in economy / business class round trip if your final destination is NRT.

It's 80,000 miles for KrisFlyer miles in Business Class. No more 70,000 miles.

SQ319 May 26, 14 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22929075)
Wow...must factor in the IDD call charges too.

That's why use Skype or VOIP services. ^^ Or use Singtel v019 service. Much cheaper than 001 IDD calls.

LAX888 May 26, 14 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22927448)
Anyone else moving overseas spending onto the UOB Visa Signature?

10X for non SGD Spending. I'm guessing this could be better than UOB PRVI if your monthly spending is between S$1 - 2K SGD worth

It's a Visa so the forex charges are lower, as well as being more widely accepted than AMEX.

I just used it for the first time when I was in Japan. However I spent slightly more (SGD 2111). Does this mean the 111 SGD will not get any miles or just reduced miles?

carrotjuice May 27, 14 12:40 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22929080)
No direct debiting from credit card for Great Eastern Life insurance premiums. Only GIRO is recurring payment.

Darn. That's true of Tokio Marine too beyond first year's premium. But I believe other insurance providers like Prudential provides it with Citibank.

carrotjuice May 27, 14 12:42 am

Originally Posted by LAX888 (Post 22929742)
I just used it for the first time when I was in Japan. However I spent slightly more (SGD 2111). Does this mean the 111 SGD will not get any miles or just reduced miles?

You will earn normal (reduced) miles.

tboons May 27, 14 3:56 am

Aeroplan could be a good deal but hard to find availability on their website!

vsepr May 27, 14 4:25 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22930500)
Aeroplan could be a good deal but hard to find availability on their website!

http://www.creditwalk.ca/aeroplan-ba...-availability/

Very informative website. Tells you which are the airlines that no need to pay fuel surcharge.

lsed May 27, 14 10:48 am

Originally Posted by LAX888 (Post 22929742)

You will get the usual 1X after $2K spending.

Meaning for the first $2K you should get up to 8000 Krisflyer miles,
And then for the $111 you should get 22 miles

But due to the rounding you should get about 8000 miles in total. Versus the PRVI miles card that will get you about only 5200 miles.

Plus you would have saved $20 SGD in exchange rate using Visa.

Only thing is that you get a Limo ride from PRVI but the cars they have been sending are getting worse.

Last week I had a Maxi Cab (Merc Vito van) that didn't help me with my luggage because it was raining!

The driver just sat there in his seat and opened the auto door and waited for me to carry up my luggage in the rain!
And then he asked me for directions to the airport! Seriously!

lsed May 27, 14 10:52 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22925662)
Shocking news from citibank: wef 01 july 2014, you will not earn any rewards points or citimiles when you pay your bills at AXS with citibank cards!!

Can't use the Women's Mastercard for online payments?
Are there still many bills that can't be paid online?

SQ319 May 27, 14 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22932148)
Can't use the Women's Mastercard for online payments?
Are there still many bills that can't be paid online?

Plenty. Most insurance companies don't do online payment using credit card. Some you may be able to do bill payment the internet banking, but that's not a credit card payment.