FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Jun 5, 14 7:43 pm

I guess many people have been complaining about DBS cards:

Kindly be informed that with effect on 1st July 2014, there will be a revision to the DBS points required for the redemptions.

Please also note the below changes for the minimum points required for Krisflyer and Asia miles:
•Krisflyer redemption will be revised from 10,000 to 5,000 DBS points.
•Asia miles redemption will be revised from 10,000 to 5,000 DBS points.

carrotjuice Jun 5, 14 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22985734)

Kindly be informed that with effect on 1st July 2014, there will be a revision to the DBS points required for the redemptions.

Please also note the below changes for the minimum points required for Krisflyer and Asia miles:

This is moot for me as I have converted all my points almost a year back when they removed points earning from AXS and slashed the rate to 1.2 miles per S$1.

Guess the complaints aren't loud enough for DBS to reinstate AXS earning and revert to 1.6 miles earned per S$1...

vsepr Jun 5, 14 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22985920)
This is moot for me as I have converted all my points almost a year back when they removed points earning from AXS and slashed the rate to 1.2 miles per S$1.

Guess the complaints aren't loud enough for DBS to reinstate AXS earning and revert to 1.6 miles earned per S$1...

Yup....Let's all BOYCOTT DBS CARDS!!!

MilesBuzz Jun 6, 14 2:03 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22964913)
That's right, let's hope their MCC is coded correctly. Remember to save your transaction slip and receipt in case you need to trash it out with Citibank.

I have called Citi SG hotline and the agent confirmed that my transactions in Odakyu earned 10x pts ^

lsed Jun 6, 14 2:19 am

Originally Posted by LAX888 (Post 22981266)
I just answered my own question. It depends with which credit card you login to UOB rewards. I used my Amex PP which was not linked but when I used my Amex PRVI it worked. So it is a bit weird as each card links to the same UNI$ account but you can only use one card number to redeem...

Hmm I wonder if that means you can link another KF account to another one of your UOB cards in case your nominee list is full.

SirJman Jun 6, 14 11:02 am

Would this bring anyone over from miles earning?
http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking...365/index.html

Coupled with $60CB with OCBC Frank, and 3.05% Interest with 360 savings, its a nice little trio OCBC have going.

LuisHK Jun 6, 14 7:14 pm

Looks to me the better cash back card so far!

fuschia Jun 6, 14 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22985734)

great to hear that! it's really a killer to allow for redemption only upon hitting 10k DBS points.

lcpteck Jun 7, 14 2:19 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22986050)
Yup....Let's all BOYCOTT DBS CARDS!!!

I still like my DBS Woman's, always use it for air ticket purchases among other things online.

vsepr Jun 7, 14 3:18 am

Some updates on Citibank Rewards Catalogue wef June 2014:
http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...alogue2013.pdf

Bad news:
All items increase by 10%. Eg: $20 Isetan voucher used to need 4900 Citidollars, now need 5390 Citidollars, increase of 490 Citidollars.

Compare:
UOB: $20 Isetan voucher: 1375 UNI$ = spend 1375x5=$6875. 27.55% higher than Citibank's $5390!!
DBS: $20 Isetan voucher: 1300 DBS Points = spend $6500. 20.59% higher than Citibank!!

Good news:
FFP transfers remain unchanged. Still at any amount >500 miles and S$25 admin fee applies and long list of FFPs, unlike other banks which is usually Asia Miles or KrisFlyer. See, Citibank is still the best and is the ONLY credit card left that allows you to transfer in any amount >500 miles. Most banks need blocks of 1000 miles now. Only UOB and DBS requires blocks of 10,000 miles because they have earn up to 10x points earning cards.

tboons Jun 7, 14 4:30 am

do i get 10X points for using UOB PPV to purchase starwood points?

vsepr Jun 7, 14 4:33 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22992488)
do i get 10X points for using UOB PPV to purchase starwood points?

Yes. Choose to pay with PayPal.

carrotjuice Jun 7, 14 4:34 am

Terrible news for ANZ Visa Signature.

In my latest statement: With effect from 11 July 2014, 2.8 Travel$ per S$1 spent on direct fight bookings with Qantas and Jetstar only (no more with any airline and a wide range of online travel agents, Hertz, Australian International School, etc.) and for purchases made in Australia and New Zealand (no change).

Worse still: All other purchases will earn 1.4 Travel$ per S$1 CAPPED for the first S$10,000 spend and thereafter a very paltry 0.5 Travel$ per S$1.

Disgusting.

vsepr Jun 7, 14 4:50 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22992499)
Terrible news for ANZ Visa Signature.

In my latest statement: With effect from 11 July 2014, 2.8 Travel$ per S$1 spent on direct fight bookings with Qantas and Jetstar only (no more with any airline and a wide range of online travel agents, Hertz, Australian International School, etc.) and for purchases made in Australia and New Zealand (no change).

Worse still: All other purchases will earn 1.4 Travel$ per S$1 CAPPED for the first S$10,000 spend and thereafter a very paltry 0.5 Travel$ per S$1.

Disgusting.

U mean u saw this in the June statement?

"All other purchases will earn 1.4 Travel$ per S$1 CAPPED for the first S$10,000 spend" refers to all other purchases at anywhere and in a calendar year for the first $10,000 only?

carrotjuice Jun 7, 14 5:01 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22992532)
U mean u saw this in the June statement?

"All other purchases will earn 1.4 Travel$ per S$1 CAPPED for the first S$10,000 spend" refers to all other purchases at anywhere and in a calendar year for the first $10,000 only?

Yes. But the statement was vague as it didn't make reference to calendar year, but it would be right to presume so unless the terms are made clearer at a later stage.

My first reaction was, wonder vsepr would continue being such a strong advocate of this card now?! ;)