FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Apr 30, 14 5:15 am

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/gss/#cash-credit

this year's ANZ's GSS promo no gd, need to charge $200 for $8 or 440 Travel$ credit. 2013 one was charge $100 get $5 or 275 Travel$ credit...

torrentman123 May 1, 14 7:40 pm


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22762960)
Yeah, the marketing folks at Amex seems to be living in their own world.

I agree.
Was almost forced to take an upgrade to their new card.
Unfortunately had to reject them.

Anyway lcpteck, your Credit card table has unfortunately been edited beyond recognition by someone who probably has butter fingers or is just too idiotic.

Do you have the original copy?
The entire section on D B S is almost gone, as well as the references, which are good for info.

Thanks in advance! ^

SQ319 May 1, 14 8:01 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22762744)
Previously when I held the Amex KF Gold card and called up to cancel, the CS also tried their best to encourage me to stay... almost a pathetic 'plead' but completely ignorant of how uncompetitive their card is against others in the market. Almost feel sorry they have to do this to every caller who wants to cancel... a battle that they almost never wins.

Juz cancelled mine yesterday...she was like,"Why would you want to cancel a card with such great benefits??" Could feel my eyes just rolling up when she said this.

First I spoke about the earning rates (thanks to post #1 for the factual ammo).

Then I mentioned about their coverage, and they said they have 90% coverage across Singapore. Then I am like, "Not in the 2 places where I spent the most every other month (my yoga membership and classes)".

I have to give them credit though, because they have promised me a refund of the annual fee which they debited via GIRO last month (is this normal?), and they still maintained their chirpiness (whether fake or not) even after I have cancelled.

LAX888 May 1, 14 10:06 pm

I cancelled my Amex Ascend and they also acted all shocked that I would do that...

I did it before they charged the annual fee as I really did not find their card useful at all. The only benefit was the 5k miles as I did not even use up my lounge vouchers...

The best card for me at the moment is the UOB AMEX Pref Plat as most of my daily spending is on F&B and for overseas spend the UOB Visa signature card.

lsed May 2, 14 1:48 am

How long do they take to post the Ascend sign up / spending bonuses?

LAX888 May 2, 14 1:57 am


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22796568)
How long do they take to post the Ascend sign up / spending bonuses?

I had to chase them for the 5k signup bonus as it did not post at all. Call them if you do not see anything after 2months.

carrotjuice May 2, 14 3:14 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
New ANZ promo starting 1 May to 30 June: S$8 Cash Credit = 370 bonus Rewards Points = 440 bonus Travel$ for minimum S$200 charged to an ANZ Credit Card in a single receipt and sending SMS, limited to 20,000 SMS. Max 5 SMS redemption requests per calendar week (Monday to Sunday) per Cardmember. All bonus will be credited before 31 Aug 2014.

SirJman May 2, 14 4:42 am

Word is you can top up a POEMS account with certain cards. Anyone know more info about that?

carrotjuice May 2, 14 4:45 pm

Latest on UOB PPV cap
 
I called UOB to clarify this seemingly "vague" UNI$24,000 cap per year on 10X UOB PPV for online and paywave transactions, that isn't clearly detailed in its terms and conditions:

- For 2014, the UNI$24,000 cap will apply for spendings 1 Jun - 31 Dec only (7 months). Whatever spendings at 10X UNI$ attained on and before 31 May are not part of the 2014 cap.

- Thereafter the 2015 cap will apply to spendings 1 Jan - 31 Dec (12 months) and by calendar year (well, if UOB doesn't unilaterally change the rules again, but from experience, no one can be too confident).

- The whole UNI$24,000 cap is by calendar year. There is no artificial split by month.

- Whatever spending that goes above the cap still earns (the very poor rate of) S$5 = UNI$1

cmdsea May 2, 14 8:07 pm

Still getting to grips with my recently acquired ANZ Travel card and hoping to use it for lounge access for myself and a friend when we depart Changi T1 in a couple of weeks.

Whilst its complimentary for the cardholder anybody know what the guest fee is for entry..? The Veloce lounge website refers me to the ANZ site and the ANZ site bounces me straight back to Veloce... :rolleyes:

unitedinsg May 2, 14 11:04 pm


Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22784611)
https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/gss/#cash-credit

this year's ANZ's GSS promo no gd, need to charge $200 for $8 or 440 Travel$ credit. 2013 one was charge $100 get $5 or 275 Travel$ credit...

Agree Vsper. Each mid and year-end promo is getting progressively worse. Cannot even match the normal 4x miles.

Aeran May 2, 14 11:12 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22800562)
I called UOB to clarify this seemingly "vague" UNI$24,000 cap per year on 10X UOB PPV for online and paywave transactions, that isn't clearly detailed in its terms and conditions:

- For 2014, the UNI$24,000 cap will apply for spendings 1 Jun - 31 Dec only (7 months). Whatever spendings at 10X UNI$ attained on and before 31 May are not part of the 2014 cap.

- Thereafter the 2015 cap will apply to spendings 1 Jan - 31 Dec (12 months) and by calendar year (well, if UOB doesn't unilaterally change the rules again, but from experience, no one can be too confident).

- The whole UNI$24,000 cap is by calendar year. There is no artificial split by month.

- Whatever spending that goes above the cap still earns (the very poor rate of) S$5 = UNI$1

Thank you very much for calling and sharing - this info is very useful and appreciated ^

unitedinsg May 2, 14 11:19 pm


Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 22796909)
Word is you can top up a POEMS account with certain cards. Anyone know more info about that?

Not really. It's more for MS for certain bank with high bonus interest.

SirJman May 3, 14 12:04 am


Originally Posted by unitedinsg (Post 22801747)
Not really. It's more for MS for certain bank with high bonus interest.

Which id like to take advantage of. I couldnt find out how to use the card for MS. I assume that its due to EPS, but how does that come off the card?

carrotjuice May 3, 14 2:53 am


Originally Posted by unitedinsg (Post 22801708)
Quote:





Originally Posted by vsepr


https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/gss/#cash-credit

this year's ANZ's GSS promo no gd, need to charge $200 for $8 or 440 Travel$ credit. 2013 one was charge $100 get $5 or 275 Travel$ credit...




Agree Vsper. Each mid and year-end promo is getting progressively worse. Cannot even match the normal 4x miles.

Yes it gets progressively worse. As such I intend to take advantage of this promo only for whatever I was planning to charge to ANZ Signature anyway...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.