FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

tboons May 19, 14 1:23 am

But the perfume is not good value for money. Rather wait for metro 20% store wide to get the perfume/ cosmetics.

SQ319 May 19, 14 1:37 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22886969)
What about at other branded boutiques (like Gucci, Burberry, etc) inside the Changi Airport? Tempted to buy some branded gifts there for my wife.

For CitiRewards Card, it should be 10X Rewards Points for these places.

From the T&C for 10X Rewards

Eligible Cardholders are entitled to earn 10x Citi Dollars (every S$ 1 charged = 10 Citi Dollars) when they make transactions with their Citi Rewards Visa Signature / WORLD MasterCard card at any department store worldwide or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes and bags as its
main business activity
Since Nuance Watson and DFS does not sell "clothes, shoes and bags as its
main business activity", hence the extra point to note on this forum.

I'm not going to complain for the extra points. ^^

lcpteck May 19, 14 7:49 am

Cool, so Perfumes & Cosmetics earn 10x. Oh guess what it's already in the usage table, guess someone updated it.

AddictedTraveller May 21, 14 3:02 am

What about at other branded boutiques (like Gucci, Burberry, etc) inside the Changi Airport? Tempted to buy some branded gifts there for my wife.

If buying at Changi don't forget you can double up with Changi Rewards and transfer their points to KF miles - or go for a changi reward voucher at the minimum of 500 points ($S 500 spend)

vsepr May 21, 14 6:14 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22886206)
Who cares, as long as we get our miles.... :cool::cool::cool: Have anybody tried on other Airport shops besides Nuance-Watson (Perfumes and Cosmetics) and DFS (Alcohols)??

17/05/2014 *CHANGI T2 P&C AN P70, P81SINGAPORE SG SGD 99.51

Today I called Citibank again. The merchant code is 5311 Department Stores. The CSO told me the wrong code earlier I think because she saw Changi T2 and the charge was not posted yet.

hclee01 May 21, 14 7:25 am

http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_do...OWNSGPRAENPP01

CitiBank Prestige Card has improved some of its benefits, including:
- Complimentary pair of tickets to Platinum Movie Suites upon purchase of a pair of Platinum Movie Suites tickets
- One-way airport limousine transfers with air ticket or hotel charged to card
- Dining privileges at Raffles Singapore Hotel

SingaporeDon May 22, 14 8:25 pm

But don't splash out big on the wife, as the bonus is capped at S$12,000 spend annually!

carrotjuice May 24, 14 6:31 am

Singapore banks are generally heading towards the direction of making it more difficult for cardholders to convert their reward points to miles. :td:

Just got off the phone with HSBC Visa Infinite... it used to be 2,500 block for 1,000 miles - effective 1 May 2014, this threshold has now doubled to 5,000 block for 2,000 miles to make a redemption.

And I don't recall having read any advance notice to cardholders in previous months' statements. :td::td::td:

Won't be too surprised if, in a couple of years, that one can only redeem in blocks of 10,000 miles! :(

mingster23 May 24, 14 8:31 am

DBS has already gone down that route with 20,000 mile blocks being the minimum. I was unaware that HSBC had changed their threshold. Concerns me that the credit card companies quietly make these changes without any proper advance notice.
ANZ Travel Visa has also decreased the miles you get per $ for tax payments from 1.4 to 1.

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22917466)
Singapore banks are generally heading towards the direction of making it more difficult for cardholders to convert their reward points to miles. :td:

Just got off the phone with HSBC Visa Infinite... it used to be 2,500 block for 1,000 miles - effective 1 May 2014, this threshold has now doubled to 5,000 block for 2,000 miles to make a redemption.

And I don't recall having read any advance notice to cardholders in previous months' statements. :td::td::td:

Won't be too surprised if, in a couple of years, that one can only redeem in blocks of 10,000 miles! :(

Volasia May 25, 14 2:13 am

Originally Posted by mingster23 (Post 22917827)
DBS has already gone down that route with 20,000 mile blocks being the minimum. I was unaware that HSBC had changed their threshold. Concerns me that the credit card companies quietly make these changes without any proper advance notice.
ANZ Travel Visa has also decreased the miles you get per $ for tax payments from 1.4 to 1.

I don't think it was ever 1.4...

carrotjuice May 25, 14 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 22920893)
I don't think it was ever 1.4...

Yes as mentioned before, tax payment scheme that required 0.5-0.7% fee payable was never 1.4 miles per $1 for ANZ. Only regular merchant spends earned this rate. In fact the 1 mile per $1 tax payment is a recent improvement.

SingaporeDon May 25, 14 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22917466)

And HSBC had a major system screw up where only half the miles ended up in SQ KF after the change!!. I ended up getting the remaining miles transferred just before the deadline for ticketing a redemption, but it took a few phone calls to a HSBC Call Centre Customer Service Manager to sort the matter out and push the miles out urgently. They did however, throw in an extra 4,000 miles for all the troubles.

stiwi May 25, 14 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 22910274)
But don't splash out big on the wife, as the bonus is capped at S$12,000 spend annually!

Yes but you can have both Visa & Master which means S$24,000.

SQ319 May 25, 14 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 22910274)

Is there a cap for CitiRewards card? This is new to me.

lcpteck May 25, 14 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22924118)
Is there a cap for CitiRewards card? This is new to me.

I do not think so for Citibank cards but best read the current T&Cs.