FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr Jul 5, 2015 3:13 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25069643)
I combed through the ANZ terms, they don't seem to preclude this.

Calling vsepr - the guru of ANZ cards! ;)

I don't know about road tax because I don't own a car.

From my knowledge, road tax can only pay with Diners Club card, but no points, or at AXS machines with Citibank or DBS cards but no points. Cannot pay with credit cards at anywhere.

demue Jul 5, 2015 3:25 am

On the Imagine Amex I didn't have much luck with it right from the start and ditched it after 2 weeks later. 3 failed top up attempts where my CC had been charged and for reversal I had to call to get it processed. Dumped it right away. Even though I think Fevo runs on the same platform so far all the top ups and local + foreign transactions tallied though it something one needs to keep an eye on. I hope the "charge" reverses soon as Ezlink customer service can be quite "hapless" when it comes to resolving issues.

5h4n3 Jul 5, 2015 5:40 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 25071320)
I don't know about road tax because I don't own a car.

From my knowledge, road tax can only pay with Diners Club card, but no points, or at AXS machines with Citibank or DBS cards but no points. Cannot pay with credit cards at anywhere.

You can pay via cc on onemotoring website. I have tried it previously with Citi PM and can confirm that points were not awarded. As for whether DBS cards will work, I think I read somewhere on HWZ that no points are awarded but can't recall whether that's through AXS or onemotoring website. Torn between using ANZ Travel card for miles or OCBC 365 card to gain extra 0.5% on 360 account.

carrotjuice Jul 5, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 25071351)
On the Imagine Amex I didn't have much luck with it right from the start and ditched it after 2 weeks later. 3 failed top up attempts where my CC had been charged and for reversal I had to call to get it processed. Dumped it right away. Even though I think Fevo runs on the same platform so far all the top ups and local + foreign transactions tallied though it something one needs to keep an eye on. I hope the "charge" reverses soon as Ezlink customer service can be quite "hapless" when it comes to resolving issues.

Indeed, over a year ago, dealing with the problem of having my UOB PPV being charged but my Imagine Amex balance wasn't updated - was painful. I remember having to call Imagine customer service each time to have those errant charges reversed. Subsequently after I switched to DBS WWMC as my top-up card the problem still happened occasionally, but I noticed (through DBS online banking) that these are always reversed on the same day - hence no need to call Imagine customer service anymore.

The Imagine app is actually very easy to use. Topping up through the app is a breeze. You just need to record the card that you use to top up within the Imagine app, a few key strokes, receive OTP, input OTP, and it's done! I have 6 Imagine Amex cards which I split between myself and my spouse... we charge at least $100 per card each month and receive total $30 worth of rebates in return. Well... I convince myself that it's 6 free lattes a month and that made the minimal effort worthwhile.

Aside from that, my spouse and I have an M1 MC each... to cater to merchants that don't accept Amex. Even though there's a 1% top-up fee, I gather that this works out to be still worthwhile to earn the extra miles using the DBS WWMC. But the M1 MC app is horrendous, at least on Android. You can never top up using the app because when the app sends you the OTP for a top-up transaction, you have to exit the app to read the OTP from your text messages, but when you go back to the app to input the OTP, the screen would've disappeared! So topping up is done solely through the M1 MC website.

On occasion you do encounter errant merchants who, whether known or unknown to them, can cause this problem of not "reversing" the "settled" transactions on the same day, thus end up blocking a huge chunk of your available credit limit on the Imagine Amex or M1 MC... which is annoying. A local merchant known to do this is Cold Storage.

qwerty23 Jul 5, 2015 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by 5h4n3 (Post 25071644)
You can pay via cc on onemotoring website. I have tried it previously with Citi PM and can confirm that points were not awarded. As for whether DBS cards will work, I think I read somewhere on HWZ that no points are awarded but can't recall whether that's through AXS or onemotoring website. Torn between using ANZ Travel card for miles or OCBC 365 card to gain extra 0.5% on 360 account.

used PM card last month on lta website and points awarded.

vsepr Jul 5, 2015 8:38 pm

Just found out this method to earn free miles by chance because I made a refund at IKEA lately.

Go get a purchase order for large items at IKEA for items to purchase. After that use a VISA credit card to pay. Receipt put "VISA Credit". Do not collect the goods. For large bulky items, you have to pay first, get a receipt and collect the goods at a collection point. Go to the refund counter and take a Q number.

Give the receipt and purchase order to the refund counter staff. Give them a VISA DEBIT card to make a refund. The $$ will go to your bank account and you can keep the points/miles in the VISA credit card. Works for MasterCard credit & debit card.

demue Jul 6, 2015 3:52 am

Haha, awesome. Not that I plan on using it, but your attention to detail is impressive. Not sure I would have spotted this "gap" :) Though if you want to keep it "open" you may want to remove the details here and only share via PM. Your call.

vade Jul 6, 2015 4:01 am

Anyone tried using the DBS WWMC on Lazada? Does it qualify for the bonus points?

feizhu Jul 6, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 25075543)
Haha, awesome. Not that I plan on using it, but your attention to detail is impressive. Not sure I would have spotted this "gap" :) Though if you want to keep it "open" you may want to remove the details here and only share via PM. Your call.

This gap has been around for quite a while and is not only confined to IKEA. The only problem is that when the merchants tally up their transactions, there will be a charge slip mismatch and that's when they will start digging. Hence the usual practice is to refund back only to the original card.

ps: its on HWZ as well and drawing alot of flak.

ronaldko Jul 6, 2015 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25057764)
A joke? A card whose fee can be waived, which gives unlimited access to many lounges as well as the best miles ratio on the market. What else do you want for free? Free travel, business upgrade? Let's chill out folks. This is just a credit card. The miles alone is already more than 2% cash back if you assume 2 cents a mile. The money cannot be created out of thin air by ANZ.

I guess not every market the annual fee of this card can be waived like Singapore right? Also did you know that some guests complained that they have been denied access by some of the lounge at the list without any prior notice from ANZ or Veloce last year?

ronaldko Jul 6, 2015 11:58 am

Seems like HSBC Advance Visa Platinum no more 10x online spending on this card, no point to keep deposit of $30K for the Advance a/c, conisder to cancel it.

chewiegranolabar Jul 6, 2015 8:37 pm

It's till end of this month right? Confirmed no extension?

laurent_rio Jul 8, 2015 9:24 pm

Does paying via mobile apps considered online booking for DBS WWC for example purchasing ticket via airasia apps or things from lazada apps ? If not very bad i just made huge purchase from those apps last month

Awesom Andy Jul 9, 2015 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by laurent_rio (Post 25090240)
Does paying via mobile apps considered online booking for DBS WWC for example purchasing ticket via airasia apps or things from lazada apps ? If not very bad i just made huge purchase from those apps last month

The extra miles are posted around the 16th, so you'll find out very soon...

kt85 Jul 9, 2015 10:53 pm

anyway..a friend just mentioned to me that the Maybank Horizon card is giving 8X air miles for agoda booking(promotional) and 2x air miles for telco payment. This is in addition to the normal 2x air miles for travel expenses. Pretty decent.

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...visa-card.aspx

in addition, citibank is not receving anymore new applications for Citibank Platinum Clear Card. Any substitutes that you guys can think of. ?