FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Jun 26, 2015 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25028765)
...too much info....

:cool::p;):D

Volasia Jun 26, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25029310)
:cool::p;):D

Hope you are better though ! ;)

SQueeze Jun 27, 2015 7:36 am

Thread is too long already.... Not sure if it has been asked and answered before.

Kris shop purchases (online)
What card to use?

UOB PPV for 4x? Considered non-travel online use

vsepr Jun 27, 2015 9:46 pm

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/pers..._booklet_6.pdf

DBS Rewards 2015/2016 is out!

Miles transfer still in blocks of 5000 DBS points.

But to redeem cash rebate, it increased 5x!!

Wef 01 July 2015, you need 6000 DBS points for S$10 credit!! Need 1200 DBS points before that. It's crazy!! I thought it was a typo error!!

carrotjuice Jun 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 25037116)
http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/pers..._booklet_6.pdf

DBS Rewards 2015/2016 is out!

Miles transfer still in blocks of 5000 DBS points.

But to redeem cash rebate, it increased 5x!!

Wef 01 July 2015, you need 6000 DBS points for S$10 credit!! Need 1200 DBS points before that. It's crazy!! I thought it was a typo error!!

Not that it matters to people on this forum... who will unlikely be redeeming for cash rebates anyway. ;)

Miles is still king! :D

lcpteck Jun 28, 2015 1:49 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25037127)
Not that it matters to people on this forum... who will unlikely be redeeming for cash rebates anyway. ;)

Miles is still king! :D

True, miles for me since I want my Mom to fly business class longhaul. Old lady flying a whole day in economy is not good. :eek:

lcpteck Jun 28, 2015 1:56 am

Veloce Lounges update

Just some updates on Veloce Lounges.

Someone in HWZ reported the below lounge was not accessible even though it was still listed on the website:

20 Paris (Charles De Gaulle – Terminal - 1) Salon ICARE

CI lounges temporarily unavailable, guess they're negotiating?

29 Taipei, Taiwan – Taoyuan International Airport China Airlines Dynasty Lounge (Terminal - 1)- Temporarily Unavailable

30 Taipei, Taiwan – Taoyuan International Airport China Airlines Dynasty Lounge (Terminal - 2)- Temporarily Unavailable

Still no lounge access in DPS or KUL.

All North American Lounges are Temporarily Unavailable as well.

demue Jun 28, 2015 4:25 am

I had a look at the SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table and found that for Citi Rewards it shows that Courts Online gets 10x Points? Is that confirmed? I'm looking to buy some items and they got the best price so earning 10x points combined with that would be nice.

I just found it odd as Courts does not really fall into the 10x categories covered by the card (clothing, department stores, etc.) plus some posts on HWZ say "no", but then I'm happy to learn if it does.

Thanks ...

pompipi Jun 29, 2015 1:52 am

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 25029307)
UOB conversion to miles is super fast! I sent in my request at 7.30 pm last night. It's 3.50 pm and the miles are in! Less than 24 hours.

Note: this isn't my first time converting so my krisflyer account is already linked with my UOB

Yes, you are right. Once the linking is done, the conversion of Uni$ to miles is fast. I just think that if Citi can do an instantaneous online 1st time linking with Krisflyer, why UOB needs a filled-in hardcopy, fax, and 2 weeks for processing.

On a separate note, I do not like DBS's method of charging $40+/yr for the transfers. I am thinking most people will be saving their CC points and doing a large transfer once in a long while (probably less frequently than once a year). And for the period of non-redemption, why should I still be paying this annual charge for no usage. Anyone has experience of getting waiver for this annual charge?

carrotjuice Jun 29, 2015 8:43 am

Originally Posted by pompipi (Post 25041786)
On a separate note, I do not like DBS's method of charging $40+/yr for the transfers. I am thinking most people will be saving their CC points and doing a large transfer once in a long while (probably less frequently than once a year). And for the period of non-redemption, why should I still be paying this annual charge for no usage. Anyone has experience of getting waiver for this annual charge?

No waiver I'm afraid. Guess DBS assumes a person transfers on average twice a year. But there's nothing to stop you from "maximizing the value" by transferring a minimum block say every week. ;)

carrotjuice Jun 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi all... road tax payment season is coming. What is the best card to use that (still) earns miles?

qwerty23 Jun 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Citi PM, renew through lta website

demue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Does any one here have the DBS Black Visa Card? How reliable is getting 10x points for 5$ spend for dining/ drinks and movies locally (abroad may be a different story)? I'm sure it comes down to the MCC of each place again, but just wondering what general experiences are.

Are there any caps on the spend? I couldn't find the detailed T&Cs for the Visa for the 10x points any longer which I another posted shared some time back. So not sure they still apply or have been lifted (dreaming :D) or ???

10X rewards on dining, drinks and movies will be awarded during each of the Qualifying Periods i.e. 1 Jan to 31 Jan 2015, 1 Feb to 28 Feb 2015, 1 Mar to 31 Mar 2015, 1 Apr to 30 Apr 2015, 1 May to 31 May 2015 and 1 Jun to 30 Jun 2015. The maximum DBS Points earned from spending in the above mentioned categories that can be credited to each Eligible Cardholder’s card account during each qualifying period is 600 DBS Points(old link to the Amex version leads nowhere).

I also dropped a note to DBS CS and asked for a written response. Let's see. I mean if it still 300$ a month then it is not much, but could work for basic needs to optimize part of that spend portion. Assuming one would keep getting fee waivers, otherwise its a no go.

Thanks ...

carrotjuice Jul 1, 2015 5:59 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25051145)
Hi all... road tax payment season is coming. What is the best card to use that (still) earns miles?

Originally Posted by qwerty23 (Post 25051598)
Citi PM, renew through lta website

Why so? If renewing from LTA website, I see that any Visa or MC is possible. If so shouldn't I use UOB PPV for online spend? Or if that's not possible, at least use ANZ Travel Visa?

lcpteck Jul 1, 2015 7:05 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 25051740)
Does any one here have the DBS Black Visa Card? How reliable is getting 10x points for 5$ spend for dining/ drinks and movies locally (abroad may be a different story)? I'm sure it comes down to the MCC of each place again, but just wondering what general experiences are.

Are there any caps on the spend? I couldn't find the detailed T&Cs for the Visa for the 10x points any longer which I another posted shared some time back. So not sure they still apply or have been lifted (dreaming :D) or ???

10X rewards on dining, drinks and movies will be awarded during each of the Qualifying Periods i.e. 1 Jan to 31 Jan 2015, 1 Feb to 28 Feb 2015, 1 Mar to 31 Mar 2015, 1 Apr to 30 Apr 2015, 1 May to 31 May 2015 and 1 Jun to 30 Jun 2015. The maximum DBS Points earned from spending in the above mentioned categories that can be credited to each Eligible Cardholder’s card account during each qualifying period is 600 DBS Points(old link to the Amex version leads nowhere).

I also dropped a note to DBS CS and asked for a written response. Let's see. I mean if it still 300$ a month then it is not much, but could work for basic needs to optimize part of that spend portion. Assuming one would keep getting fee waivers, otherwise its a no go.

Thanks ...

I believe you answered your own question? ;)

Checked the DBS website, the 10x promotion is over, was only valid till yesterday. I believe the spending cap was $300 cause $5 = 1 point so 600 points cap = 60 points base earning ($300) x 10 multiplier.