FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

ronaldko Jul 1, 2015 12:00 pm

Still no lounge at HKG & KUL? ANZ & Veloce is a joke!

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25037462)
Just some updates on Veloce Lounges.

Someone in HWZ reported the below lounge was not accessible even though it was still listed on the website:

20 Paris (Charles De Gaulle – Terminal - 1) Salon ICARE

CI lounges temporarily unavailable, guess they're negotiating?

29 Taipei, Taiwan – Taoyuan International Airport China Airlines Dynasty Lounge (Terminal - 1)- Temporarily Unavailable

30 Taipei, Taiwan – Taoyuan International Airport China Airlines Dynasty Lounge (Terminal - 2)- Temporarily Unavailable

Still no lounge access in DPS or KUL.

All North American Lounges are Temporarily Unavailable as well.

qwerty23 Jul 1, 2015 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25053246)
Why so? If renewing from LTA website, I see that any Visa or MC is possible. If so shouldn't I use UOB PPV for online spend? Or if that's not possible, at least use ANZ Travel Visa?

you answer the question yourself :rolleyes:

i'm just stating the card that i have.

lcpteck Jul 1, 2015 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by ronaldko (Post 25055025)

Yeah terrible, good thing I still have 6 complimentary Priority Pass visits a year as a backup.

demue Jul 1, 2015 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25053486)
I believe you answered your own question? ;)

Checked the DBS website, the 10x promotion is over, was only valid till yesterday. I believe the spending cap was $300 cause $5 = 1 point so 600 points cap = 60 points base earning ($300) x 10 multiplier.

I hear you , but the thing is they are still advertising it even today. Although I guess my expectation is too high to remove a no longer valid promotion from the web site once it has passed. Just sign up customers under false premises and say "tough sh*t" later :)

lcpteck Jul 1, 2015 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 25057448)
I hear you , but the thing is they are still advertising it even today. Although I guess my expectation is too high to remove a no longer valid promotion from the web site once it has passed. Just sign up customers under false premises and say "tough sh*t" later :)

Haha, you're right. I guess they forgot to remove the advertising from the main page.

Volasia Jul 1, 2015 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25057362)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronaldko

Yeah terrible, good thing I still have 6 complimentary Priority Pass visits a year as a backup.

A joke? A card whose fee can be waived, which gives unlimited access to many lounges as well as the best miles ratio on the market. What else do you want for free? Free travel, business upgrade? Let's chill out folks. This is just a credit card. The miles alone is already more than 2% cash back if you assume 2 cents a mile. The money cannot be created out of thin air by ANZ.

lcpteck Jul 2, 2015 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25057764)
A joke? A card whose fee can be waived, which gives unlimited access to many lounges as well as the best miles ratio on the market. What else do you want for free? Free travel, business upgrade? Let's chill out folks. This is just a credit card. The miles alone is already more than 2% cash back if you assume 2 cents a mile. The money cannot be created out of thin air by ANZ.

:D:p:cool:;):)

carrotjuice Jul 2, 2015 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25053246)
Why so? If renewing from LTA website, I see that any Visa or MC is possible. If so shouldn't I use UOB PPV for online spend? Or if that's not possible, at least use ANZ Travel Visa?

Originally Posted by qwerty23 (Post 25057210)
you answer the question yourself :rolleyes:

It was a genuine question. No need to roll eyes.

Firstly I had forgotten that LTA website has the online payment capability, as I previously had been paying my road tax through AXS machines using Citi PM until they stopped awarding miles through AXS.

Plus I realize now that UOB PPV and PPMC don't award miles for bill payments - so those cards are out.

Seems ANZ Travel Visa is the best bet.

5h4n3 Jul 3, 2015 7:40 pm

Citi PM does not award points for road tax renewal through onemotoring. I tried it earlier this year. DBS confirm cannot as well. UOB I think no need to bother coz even if they do they will clawback later.

Now I have another road tax payment due and I too am wondering if ANZ Travel card will award points. Anyone tried before?

carrotjuice Jul 4, 2015 2:46 pm

Imagine Amex - "pending" transaction not "reversed" when "settled"

I've been having some problems with Imagine Amex recently. Charged $600 worth at a hotel overseas last month. Normally the charge will appear as "pending", and a few days later it will be "settled" with a corresponding "reverse" on the same day.

In my case, the "reverse" is still nowhere in sight and my balance has been plunged into a huge negative. I can't use my card until it goes back into the positive.

I called Imagine customer service but they say nothing they can do about it... because the "reverse" has to be processed by the merchant's card acquirer.

Anyone had this problem before? How was it dealt with? I would loath to call the hotel overseas and having to speak to Reception, who most likely wouldn't have a clue how to deal with this, and in turn have to speak to their Finance department...

carrotjuice Jul 4, 2015 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by 5h4n3 (Post 25066629)
Now I have another road tax payment due and I too am wondering if ANZ Travel card will award points. Anyone tried before?

I combed through the ANZ terms, they don't seem to preclude this.

Calling vsepr - the guru of ANZ cards! ;)

tboons Jul 4, 2015 5:47 pm

Imagine rewards will clear the pending in 30 days. U can send an feedback form to MAS and they will forward the issue to Ez Link.

carrotjuice Jul 4, 2015 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by 5h4n3 (Post 25066629)
DBS confirm cannot as well.

Did you use the DBS Woman's MC on LTA website but it doesn't qualify as "online spend"? Or any other DBS card?

Volasia Jul 4, 2015 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25069636)
I've been having some problems with Imagine Amex recently. Charged $600 worth at a hotel overseas last month. Normally the charge will appear as "pending", and a few days later it will be "settled" with a corresponding "reverse" on the same day.

In my case, the "reverse" is still nowhere in sight and my balance has been plunged into a huge negative. I can't use my card until it goes back into the positive.

I called Imagine customer service but they say nothing they can do about it... because the "reverse" has to be processed by the merchant's card acquirer.

Anyone had this problem before? How was it dealt with? I would loath to call the hotel overseas and having to speak to Reception, who most likely wouldn't have a clue how to deal with this, and in turn have to speak to their Finance department...

that's the reason why I prefer to stick to 1.4miles/SGD. I just don't trust these cards and their system. I had several such problems when using them (M1 and imagine).

lcpteck Jul 4, 2015 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25070678)
that's the reason why I prefer to stick to 1.4miles/SGD. I just don't trust these cards and their system. I had several such problems when using them (M1 and imagine).

Quite true, I frequently use the UOB Visa Signature (if between S$1-2k spending) or sometimes the UOB PRVI Miles Amex for overseas general spending.