FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

SgtSweetchuck Jun 19, 2015 2:04 am

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 24994269)
There are those of us here (including yours truly) who don't have the intelligence needed to juggle a dozen different cards in twenty different spending scenarios. So we just stick to one or two :D

For me I just use Citi PM and whack all my spending there lol.

Me to!

carrotjuice Jun 19, 2015 2:25 am

There are those of us here (including yours truly) who don't have the intelligence needed to juggle a dozen different cards in twenty different spending scenarios. So we just stick to one or two :D

Whacking on Citi Premier Miles will only earn you 1.2 miles per S$1 for local spends and 2 miles per S$1 for foreign currency, both without S$5 rounding.

I think for you 'simpletons' out there :D you need two cards minimum:
ANZ Travel Visa for local spends (1.4 miles per S$1, without rounding) and UOB PRVI Mastercard (or Visa) for foreign currency spends (2.4 miles per S$1, albeit with rounding). Then you're sorted. ;)

shuigao Jun 19, 2015 2:38 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 24994594)
I think for you 'simpletons' out there :D you need two cards minimum:
ANZ Travel Visa for local spends (1.4 miles per S$1, without rounding) and UOB PRVI Mastercard (or Visa) for foreign currency spends (2.4 miles per S$1, albeit with rounding). Then you're sorted. ;)

Yeah, but somehow so far my perception is that Citi has more promos (like kaligo promo, agoda promo with triple miles, 10x miles, etc) ... so it feels like that makes up for the lost 0.2 / 0.4 miles.

Anyways. The Wiki for ANZ says Cons: No internet banking :td: ... is that still accurate? Cos their homepage got a Personal Internet Banking Logon button.

lokijuh Jun 19, 2015 4:21 am

I go with a single card (Citi PM), because it simple and I only have to carry around a single card with me. Not that the other schemes are beyond my intelligence they just take to much time and effort for the return I would get out of them. Citi PM does have slightly less earn but on the flipside a better range of partners, some good promos from time to time, and online banking.

Also the extra bonus from running multiple cards tends to be defrayed by points transfer fees from some cards.

percysmith Jun 19, 2015 5:52 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 24994920)
I go with a single card (Citi PM), because it simple and I only have to carry around a single card with me. Not that the other schemes are beyond my intelligence they just take to much time and effort for the return I would get out of them. Citi PM does have slightly less earn but on the flipside a better range of partners, some good promos from time to time, and online banking.

Also the extra bonus from running multiple cards tends to be defrayed by points transfer fees from some cards.

Are you Singaporean or Hongkie http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22004869-post1488.html

lokijuh Jun 19, 2015 6:41 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 24995112)

No I'm not but live in Singapore, I'm not into the whole wads of cards for dining rebates either, but then again I rarely dine out at establishments that have dining rebates anyway. Simplicity has its own benefits. I see far too much complexity in all of the credit card schemes and promos I just can't be bothered with them.

percysmith Jun 19, 2015 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 24995259)
No I'm not but live in Singapore, I'm not into the whole wads of cards for dining rebates either, but then again I rarely dine out at establishments that have dining rebates anyway. Simplicity has its own benefits. I see far too much complexity in all of the credit card schemes and promos I just can't be bothered with them.

Well at the very least, why not UOB PRVI MC then?

qwerty23 Jun 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 24994630)
Yeah, but somehow so far my perception is that Citi has more promos (like kaligo promo, agoda promo with triple miles, 10x miles, etc) ... so it feels like that makes up for the lost 0.2 / 0.4 miles.

Anyways. The Wiki for ANZ says Cons: No internet banking :td: ... is that still accurate? Cos their homepage got a Personal Internet Banking Logon button.

yes, that's right ^ . Citi points calculation is downright simple; plus they have more dining offers than ANZ. (every sunday times)

IIRC, ANZ don't have ibanking yet.

carrotjuice Jun 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Why is ANZ not having online banking for their credit cards such a showstopper?

I really don't get it. How many of us actually reconcile spend transactions line by line, online? I never do. :confused:

SingaporeDon Jun 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25001290)
Why is ANZ not having online banking for their credit cards such a showstopper?

I really don't get it. How many of us actually reconcile spend transactions line by line, online? I never do. :confused:

Not having online access is not so much of a deal, but bad lousy customer service on the phone is the deal killer for me.

vsepr Jun 20, 2015 11:02 pm

1 card down!!

Citibank Clear Platinum Card is no longer for new application wef 01 June 2015!

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...CACPENCCHOCALM

demue Jun 21, 2015 4:02 am

I hear you and usually recommend friends who can't be bothered to focus on maybe two main cards though which ones can depend on the spending pattern and most frequent purchase categories. I also do like Citi cards for two reasons: easier to reconcile points and more options to transfer outside of KF. Nice to have the option.

Well I got rid of my Maybank Horizon Platinum today and previously cancelled two Amex as part of some clean up. While I don't have as many cards as some of our really dedicated FTers here, a handful are flying around at any point in time and are being used for different types of purchases. That is until the bank decides to tinker around with the benefits or earn rates and then some will follow the same demise like my Maybank and get axed.

PS: When the Maybank CS asked me why I'm cancelling the card I said that basically they destroyed the RI program with the changes as of Jan 2016 and that there are more attractive offers out there these days. She didn't seem surprised at all, more like "ahh another one". :)

lcpteck Jun 21, 2015 5:31 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 25002936)
1 card down!!

Citibank Clear Platinum Card is no longer for new application wef 01 June 2015!

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...CACPENCCHOCALM

I'm still holding on to this card as a backup, mine's the old black color design.

carrotjuice Jun 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 24994920)

That is true. I suppose Citi PM has more FFPs to transfer to besides the others that are just limited to Krisflyer and Asia Miles. This option can sometimes help in 'arbitraging' certain award types.

lcpteck Jun 22, 2015 2:47 am

I hope to transfer to EY and try out their First Apartment on their A380. Unfortunately not much routes at the moment. Guess I can only try it once since it takes so much miles Zzzz...