FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Volasia Jun 22, 15 3:57 am


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25007624)
I hope to transfer to EY and try out their First Apartment on their A380. Unfortunately not much routes at the moment. Guess I can only try it once since it takes so much miles Zzzz...

Honestly, is it really worth it ?

shuigao Jun 22, 15 3:58 am


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25001290)
Why is ANZ not having online banking for their credit cards such a showstopper?

For various reasons (not all of them logical) I login all my banks 2-3 times a week to shift money around, check balances, check on transactions, etc. Having an ANZ card and not being able to tell what I'd swiped on it for a whole month would drive me crazy lol.

lcpteck Jun 22, 15 4:13 am


Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25007648)
Honestly, is it really worth it ?

I really don't know, I've never sat in first class before. Their first class is pretty unique. Who knows, by the time I really want to redeem it, I may have lost the interest or maybe it's no longer unique anymore. Only time will tell...

Volasia Jun 22, 15 6:09 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
On ANZ: for me the main drawback is that there is no online statement. I just prefer to file it on my computer. Cannot understand some banks still like paper so much.

chrispstan Jun 22, 15 8:42 am


Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 24993358)

On a separate note, I have applied for 3 cards this week:
UOB PRVI World Mastercard & Visa card - just to get the 30,000 bonus miles (of course I need to pay the annual fee of S$256.80 for each card & the miles will only be credited sometime in October 2015).

Can I check - is UOB charging you $25 for each transfer of 15,000 bonus miles to KF? I enquired and was told that this could not be waived.

carrotjuice Jun 22, 15 9:12 am


Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 25007906)
On ANZ: for me the main drawback is that there is no online statement. I just prefer to file it on my computer. Cannot understand some banks still like paper so much.

It's not that they 'like' per se but whether they have enough customers to make such investment worthwhile... a bit of chicken and egg situation.

Like for instance Bank of China in Singapore... I discovered to my chagrin that they don't have FAST payments!

lingua101 Jun 22, 15 10:47 am


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 25008473)
It's not that they 'like' per se but whether they have enough customers to make such investment worthwhile... a bit of chicken and egg situation.

Like for instance Bank of China in Singapore... I discovered to my chagrin that they don't have FAST payments!

Also to note, ANZ bought over RBS business which bought over ABN. It is complete mess. There are other things more important for them to work on.

jubbing Jun 22, 15 11:22 am

SO what's the best Australian Credit Card for KF Accrual's?

shuigao Jun 22, 15 9:13 pm


Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 25009168)
SO what's the best Australian Credit Card for KF Accrual's?

The topic of this wiki really should be more accurately "Best Singaporean Credit Cards for KF Miles Accrual" lol. Sorry mate, no idea about Aussie cards.

Anyway was just looking back on my past one year Mileage accrual on Citi PM. I don't bother tracking per-transaction accruals so I don't know what amount earned what rate ... but on a combination of 10miles/s$ kaligo/agoda promos, local and foreign spend, I've been averaging 1.7miles/s$ ... not bad lah.

(Although undoubtedly I'd get more miles by juggling cards, but this overall rate is good enough for me lol).

Kilian Zoll Jun 23, 15 12:10 am


Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 25009168)
SO what's the best Australian Credit Card for KF Accrual's?

Amex Plat Edge (let me know if you need a referral -> 15k points on sign up) + Citi Signature I would say.

lcpteck Jun 23, 15 1:44 am


Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 25008359)
Can I check - is UOB charging you $25 for each transfer of 15,000 bonus miles to KF? I enquired and was told that this could not be waived.

For this signup promotion, the $25 transfer fee is charged along with the annual fee.

jubbing Jun 23, 15 8:33 am


Originally Posted by staff (Post 25012830)
Amex Plat Edge (let me know if you need a referral -> 15k points on sign up) + Citi Signature I would say.

What's the transfer ration, 1:1? 15,000 isn't amazing, but it's a start I suppose

Tennet1979 Jun 23, 15 11:46 am


Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 25012216)
The topic of this wiki really should be more accurately "Best Singaporean Credit Cards for KF Miles Accrual"

Never actually bothered to notice that about the thread title, but you're absolutely right :p

Technically this thread should be a laundry list of the US cards.

jagmeets Jun 23, 15 7:40 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
Err..global directory of Krisflyer earning cards makes sense, but why only US cards?

shuigao Jun 23, 15 8:50 pm


Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 25017635)
Err..global directory of Krisflyer earning cards makes sense, but why only US cards?

I think what Tennet1979 means is that a global list of "best cards" would be simply all the US-based "spend $100, get a million bonus miles" ones ;)

(repeat bonus every 1.5 - 2.0 years too).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:24 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.