FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

SQ319 Apr 20, 14 7:40 pm


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22731482)
Cant share the source unfortuantely.

But this limit also affects the paywave part of the card.

I would think it is time to signup for the Visa Signature card as it seems they also give 10X for paywave

UOB Visa Signature doesn't work for me because of its minimum spend in its T&C... Any other recommendations.


Cardmembers will also earn UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on petrol (except at Caltex, which is a SMART$ merchant) and Visa payWave transactions, which is equivalent to 5% cash rebate, subject to a minimum local spend of S$1,000 in total, per statement period.
There's also the maximum UNI$ that one can earn per statement period


Cardmembers can earn a maximum of UNI$4,000 for spend in foreign currencies (including online transactions in foreign currencies), petrol and with Visa payWave, per statement period, should they qualify.

carrotjuice Apr 20, 14 8:14 pm


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22674750)
Anyone with annual income > S$500,000 and want an invitation to the Citibank Ultima Visa card please PM me:
- 1.6 miles for S$1 local and 2 miles for S$1 foreign spends
- pay S$3,888 + GST and receive 150,000 miles!
- plus various bells and whistles...


Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22680597)
Bells and whistles include unlimited airport lounge access, free and discounted golf, private clubs and events, dedicated "Lifestyle Manager" (whatever this means).

Thanks for your PMs.

No I don't have the card, just assisting someone with referrals. Additional benefits:
- Lifestyle Manager sounds like some private concierge service.
- BOGOF F and J ticket if full fare paid with selected airlines.
- Free airport transfer if flying F or J in 30+ cities.
- 3 for 2 nights at 500+ hotels.
- Free golf at 20+ courses in Asia, including 2 in SIN
- 2.5 miles per S$1 at SQ, MI, Krishop and Tradewinds tours.

lsed Apr 21, 14 12:44 am


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22734231)
UOB Visa Signature doesn't work for me because of its minimum spend in its T&C... Any other recommendations.



There's also the maximum UNI$ that one can earn per statement period


Ahh I didn't know that card has a limit as well. So you can get up to 4K UNI$ per month but having so many conditions is a real pain. I guess I will use it for hotel stays then as it gives more than UOB PRVI. But $2K spending for hotels will be used up relatively quickly.



UOB website has now reflected the 24K limit on the PPV
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...visa_card.html

feizhu Apr 21, 14 12:50 am


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22734962)
Ahh I didn't know that card has a limit as well. So you can get up to 4K UNI$ per month but having so many conditions is a real pain. I guess I will use it for hotel stays then as it gives more than UOB PRVI. But $2K spending for hotels will be used up relatively quickly.



UOB website has now reflected the 24K limit on the PPV
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...visa_card.html

The 24K limit is on a calender year basis so am I right to say that from Jun 1 to Dec 31st, they will do a pro rate of the limit? ie. 7/12 * 24K? Or will it be a full 24K for the 7 months?

lcpteck Apr 21, 14 1:56 am

UOB Preferred Platinum Visa 10x UNI$ limit
 
UOB only updated the website but haven't actually updated the actual T&Cs.

I believe the cap is on the bonus 9x UNI$, and not the entire 10x. That means they cap the 10x earn rate up to 24k. Subsequent usage will earn the normal 1x. It doesn't make sense to stop awarding UNI$ after 24k, this would limit everyone's spending to just $12K spending per year with this card hence reducing revenue to UOB.

Either way, it's safe to say we would just divert most of the purchases to other cards with this in effect.

It doesn't affect me as I purely use this card for Paywave purchases and I don't even hit $12k/year on that. All my online purchases goes to my DBS Woman's Card and I don't exceed the $2k/month limit as well.

Let's wait for UOB to update the T&Cs.

Aeran Apr 21, 14 2:08 am


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22734962)
UOB website has now reflected the 24K limit on the PPV
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...visa_card.html

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunate change but hopefully other cards are able to fill the gap and take our spending & business away from UOB and their non-transparent, ill-communicated stealth changes...

SQ319 Apr 21, 14 3:39 am


Originally Posted by Aeran (Post 22735136)
hopefully other cards are able to fill the gap and take our spending & business away from UOB and their non-transparent, ill-communicated stealth changes...

WORD.

I can't stand it when companies don't inform changes to their existing customers and instead try to sneak it in under the radar. At least Maybank informed existing clients via their bank statement re the $25 conversion charge for points to KF miles.

percysmith Apr 21, 14 3:44 am


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22735325)
WORD.

I can't stand it when companies don't inform changes to their existing customers and instead try to sneak it in under the radar. At least Maybank informed existing clients via their bank statement re the $25 conversion charge for points to KF miles.

Standard Chartered does it too in HK. They even obsfucated a devaluation with a limited time promo http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-16-nov.html#8

lsed Apr 21, 14 7:11 am


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22735106)
UOB only updated the website but haven't actually updated the actual T&Cs.

I believe the cap is on the bonus 9x UNI$, and not the entire 10x. That means they cap the 10x earn rate up to 24k. Subsequent usage will earn the normal 1x. It doesn't make sense to stop awarding UNI$ after 24k, this would limit everyone's spending to just $12K spending per year with this card hence reducing revenue to UOB.

Either way, it's safe to say we would just divert most of the purchases to other cards with this in effect.

It doesn't affect me as I purely use this card for Paywave purchases and I don't even hit $12k/year on that. All my online purchases goes to my DBS Woman's Card and I don't exceed the $2k/month limit as well.

Let's wait for UOB to update the T&Cs.

It is going to be 0 after 24K.
In any case 1X doesnt really count for much anyways.

chrispstan Apr 21, 14 6:35 pm


Originally Posted by feizhu (Post 22734976)
The 24K limit is on a calender year basis so am I right to say that from Jun 1 to Dec 31st, they will do a pro rate of the limit? ie. 7/12 * 24K? Or will it be a full 24K for the 7 months?

I called the customer hotline. The CSO, who sounded confident, said cap of 24k UNI$ for 1 June to 31 Dec 2014. Thereafter, cap of 24k UNI$ in each calendar year. Above cap, regular earn rate of 1x applies.

lcpteck Apr 21, 14 8:40 pm


Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 22738997)
I called the customer hotline. The CSO, who sounded confident, said cap of 24k UNI$ for 1 June to 31 Dec 2014. Thereafter, cap of 24k UNI$ in each calendar year. Above cap, regular earn rate of 1x applies.

Cool, at least we have some verbal information. Now all we need to wait is for T&Cs to be updated.

DBS World MC still the best for online spend. :D^

Volasia Apr 21, 14 10:01 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
 
Do you guys really spend more than 2k a month on online and pay wave?? What kind of purchases are they? Just curious as the most I can spend is around 500 a month.

lingua101 Apr 22, 14 1:12 am


Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22735325)
WORD.

I can't stand it when companies don't inform changes to their existing customers and instead try to sneak it in under the radar. At least Maybank informed existing clients via their bank statement re the $25 conversion charge for points to KF miles.

If you think UOB is not transparent enough, try HSBC. They just do think whatever they like. When I asked about the bonus point upon paying membership fee on the 2nd year, they said it is the bank discretion.

enelym1978 Apr 22, 14 3:06 am

So that means that after you capped your 24,000 UNI$, you only get 1UNI$ per $5 spent, which equals 2 miles per $5 spent => 0.4 miles per $....?

What about regular purchases (non PayWave, non "Click") spending? still gets you only 1UNI$ per $5 spent, right?

It's getting so confusing....

SQ319 Apr 22, 14 4:08 am


Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22739532)
DBS World MC still the best for online spend. :D^

The problem is that I don't want to diversify my spend across so many different card/banks that it becomes difficult for me to accummulate enough points to convert to miles... IIRC, DBS redemption starts from 10000 points for 20000 miles , yeah?


Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 22740627)
So that means that after you capped your 24,000 UNI$, you only get 1UNI$ per $5 spent, which equals 2 miles per $5 spent => 0.4 miles per $....?

What about regular purchases (non PayWave, non "Click") spending? still gets you only 1UNI$ per $5 spent, right?

It's getting so confusing....

According to lsed (Quote below), it's going to be 0UNI$ after the 24K, not even the regular 1UNI$ for every $5 spending. 1UNI$ for every $5 spending is equivalent to 0.4 miles per $1 spend.


Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22735817)
It is going to be 0 after 24K.
In any case 1X doesnt really count for much anyways.

Since the 24K cap applies to only Paywave and online, I assume non Paywave and online will still get the regular 1UNI$ per $5.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:13 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.