FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck May 3, 14 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 22801213)
Still getting to grips with my recently acquired ANZ Travel card and hoping to use it for lounge access for myself and a friend when we depart Changi T1 in a couple of weeks.

Whilst its complimentary for the cardholder anybody know what the guest fee is for entry..? The Veloce lounge website refers me to the ANZ site and the ANZ site bounces me straight back to Veloce... :rolleyes:

No idea, but your friend doesn't have Priority Pass?

carrotjuice May 3, 14 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 22801213)
Still getting to grips with my recently acquired ANZ Travel card and hoping to use it for lounge access for myself and a friend when we depart Changi T1 in a couple of weeks.

Whilst its complimentary for the cardholder anybody know what the guest fee is for entry..? The Veloce lounge website refers me to the ANZ site and the ANZ site bounces me straight back to Veloce...

Access is granted for both principal and supplementary card. If you 'trust' your friend, then issue him / her a supplementary card and cancel it after the trip. :)

unitedinsg May 3, 14 5:08 pm

Veloce is a really poorer set of lounges + substantially locations vs PP. I am disappointed with ANZ's move to Veloce ... but then, there are always other banks PP.

unitedinsg May 3, 14 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 22801833)
Which id like to take advantage of. I couldnt find out how to use the card for MS. I assume that its due to EPS, but how does that come off the card?

Bill payment, max out credit.

lcpteck May 3, 14 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by unitedinsg (Post 22805130)
Veloce is a really poorer set of lounges + substantially locations vs PP. I am disappointed with ANZ's move to Veloce ... but then, there are always other banks PP.

Hope they expand soon.

ranad May 3, 14 11:55 pm

income tax on anz card

Originally Posted by nightwish (Post 22729562)
Ok, see if my calculations are right.

Tax = $120k = 168k miles (based on $1 - 1.4 miles)
Admin fee of 0.7% = $840

Say i dont use the ANZ card much so rebate can forget about it. Is this still a good deal?

The rate for tax payment is not quite $1 -1.4 miles of taxes, but 2 miles per $5 in taxes. They recently improved this, but the website still has the old rate, so maybe better rate applies in year 2.

If you don't use the card, the deal is not good. But if you switch to this as your primary card and get the rebate plus miles from the spend on the card, I've found it a good deal overall, as there are no caps on the earning amount. Basically you're buying miles on the cheap on taxes and the base earning rate is not bad on spends.

In the same six figure tax payment bracket, so have done the math and it works well given its a visa card that's easy to use, and you get the limo drop to the airport too monthly. If you're taxes exceed $200k, maybe worth capping taxes paid at a lower value if you don't want to keep paying 0.7%.

I'd switch to an ultima or higher end card, but this tax payment benefit holds me back. I'm looking into a card that rewards eating out a bit better but that's it for now.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...income-tax.jsp

unitedinsg May 4, 14 12:35 am

Originally Posted by ranad (Post 22806275)
The rate for tax payment is not quite $1 -1.4 miles of taxes, but 2 miles per $5 in taxes. They recently improved this, but the website still has the old rate, so maybe better rate applies in year 2.

If you don't use the card, the deal is not good. But if you switch to this as your primary card and get the rebate plus miles from the spend on the card, I've found it a good deal overall, as there are no caps on the earning amount. Basically you're buying miles on the cheap on taxes and the base earning rate is not bad on spends.

In the same six figure tax payment bracket, so have done the math and it works well given its a visa card that's easy to use, and you get the limo drop to the airport too monthly. If you're taxes exceed $200k, maybe worth capping taxes paid at a lower value if you don't want to keep paying 0.7%.

I'd switch to an ultima or higher end card, but this tax payment benefit holds me back. I'm looking into a card that rewards eating out a bit better but that's it for now.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...income-tax.jsp

For the ANZ travel card, the rate has fallen to $1 - 1mile. 40% less. If you will be meeting the min spending to claw back the 0.7% processing fees or if your tax is in the 6 figure bracket, I guess it still make sense.

For ordinary earners (like me), no longer worth the trouble :D

vsepr May 4, 14 2:40 am

http://sportslink.com.sg/home/

Sportslink is NOT a 10x Citidollars merchant for Citi Rewards Card!!
Merchant code: 5941 - Sporting Goods Stores
Luckily its only S$7 transaction. Updated the file.

tboons May 4, 14 4:46 am

the CSO still informed me over the phone that if i use travel signature card, its still 1.4miles/dollar, it was in april.

carrotjuice May 4, 14 6:50 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22806912)
the CSO still informed me over the phone that if i use travel signature card, its still 1.4miles/dollar, it was in april.

Don't think this has ever changed. The threads above are referring to tax payment facility under the ANZ Visa Signature, that has a different mileage rate and extra fee.

tboons May 4, 14 4:43 pm

Hmmmm, but the guy on the phone told me I still receive 1.4 miles if I pay my tax with travel signature!

ranad May 6, 14 3:32 am

Originally Posted by unitedinsg (Post 22806376)
For the ANZ travel card, the rate has fallen to $1 - 1mile. 40% less. If you will be meeting the min spending to claw back the 0.7% processing fees or if your tax is in the 6 figure bracket, I guess it still make sense.

For ordinary earners (like me), no longer worth the trouble :D

I think the two earning rates are
A) for usual spend, 1.4miles = $1 spend
B) tax payment, 1 miles = $1 tax paid, they've improved this but website has the older, 2 miles = $5 tax paid. Subject to processing fees but with some chance to get the fees back largely

Pretty good when combined with a couple of promos etc

Cons: terrible internet banking in today's day, better hang on to printed statements

daphanekhoo May 7, 14 2:14 am

Useful

Originally Posted by doctormoney (Post 22615619)
The banks have been increasing the minimum blocks required to change for air miles for the past few years. Credit Cards Air Miles
Redemption Rates
could be useful for you to check out the redemption rates and their minimum block for each bank.

Thanks a lot ! Very Useful!

aster May 10, 14 2:21 am

Anyone applied recently for the Amex Platinum? Free FAR and Palate cards seems like a good deal considering the 1st year fee waiver.

Do you get the FAR card along with all those vouchers or just the plain card with nothing else? :)

hclee01 May 10, 14 2:32 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22841329)
Anyone applied recently for the Amex Platinum? Free FAR and Palate cards seems like a good deal considering the 1st year fee waiver.

Do you get the FAR card along with all those vouchers or just the plain card with nothing else? :)

The AMEX Plat Card will entitle you to the FAR and Palate benefits. For the vouchers, they will arrive a couple of weeks after your card is received.