FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

vsepr May 26, 2014 1:05 am

cancel

stiwi May 26, 2014 1:28 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 22924118)
Is there a cap for CitiRewards card? This is new to me.

There is no cap as such but the limit is on 10x rewards which is S$12,000, you can get unlimited 1x rewards later on AFAIK. Singtel bill payment through Singtel website also gets 10x.

LuisHK May 26, 2014 1:39 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22924861)
Question: If I want to select flights rather than system generated itinerary, I need to call the Hong Kong Call centre and pay extra C$30? Because I want to choose my own connecting flights and not system generated one.

No harm to call and ask to see the availability and cost.

mingster23 May 26, 2014 4:59 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22921210)
Yes as mentioned before, tax payment scheme that required 0.5-0.7% fee payable was never 1.4 miles per $1 for ANZ. Only regular merchant spends earned this rate. In fact the 1 mile per $1 tax payment is a recent improvement.

Just checked my very first statement which was Nov 13 and only had one transaction - a tax payment

Tax was 5870.18 and miles were 8218. 1.4 miles for every $1

In fact just checked my April statement too.. total travel $ earned divided by new charges again equals 1.4.

So i'm pretty sure the reduction from 1.4 miles to 1 mile per $1 for tax is a very new development.

planetshakers May 26, 2014 5:00 am

Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 22925008)
No harm to call and ask to see the availability and cost.

The Canadian call center charges CAD 90 per change per pax. From last I know, HK. Call center doesn't do redemption.

I just booked sin-sgn-tpe-nrt-icn-tpe-hkg-bkk-sin in business class and the all.new Asiana A380 for 3 biz and 1 infant. About Sgd$20k retail.

Anyway, I think this discussion should be more suited in the aeroplan forum.

vsepr May 26, 2014 5:48 am

*BREAKING NEWS*

Saw this in my May 2014 Citibank statement:

For cardholders of the old Citibank Platinum VISA/MasterCard which is no longer issued:

WEF 01 July 2014, you will no longer earn 5x rewards for supermarket purchases. You will continue to earn 5x rewards at departmental stores.

vsepr May 26, 2014 5:50 am

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 22925495)
The Canadian call center charges CAD 90 per change per pax. From last I know, HK. Call center doesn't do redemption.

I just booked sin-sgn-tpe-nrt-icn-tpe-hkg-bkk-sin in business class and the all.new Asiana A380 for 3 biz and 1 infant. About Sgd$20k retail.

Anyway, I think this discussion should be more suited in the aeroplan forum.

But how do you make this redemption? Online? Or call up the call centre and give them your itinerary? Online can only enter maximum 3 sectors or is system generated itinerary.

Asiana A380 is for NRT-ICN?

TPE-HKG is EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet?

Which airlines are for the rest of sectors?

carrotjuice May 26, 2014 6:01 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22925622)
*BREAKING NEWS*

Saw this in my May 2014 Citibank statement:

For cardholders of the old Citibank Platinum VISA/MasterCard which is no longer issued:

WEF 01 July 2014, you will no longer earn 5x rewards for supermarket purchases. You will continue to earn 5x rewards at departmental stores.

No big deal... Just use UOB PPV paywave - which most supermarts are equipped with these days.

vsepr May 26, 2014 6:07 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22925650)
No big deal... Just use UOB PPV paywave - which most supermarts are equipped with these days.

Shocking news from citibank: wef 01 july 2014, you will not earn any rewards points or citimiles when you pay your bills at AXS with citibank cards!!

carrotjuice May 26, 2014 7:43 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

Now that's shocking!! There goes the miles from my annual insurance premiums!

vsepr May 26, 2014 7:52 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 22926044)
Now that's shocking!! There goes the miles from my annual insurance premiums!

Yes!! I have monthly insurance premiums to pay for Great Eastern Life at AXS!! S$109.85 = 130.8 miles gone!!

ALL BANKS ARE SLOWLY REMOVING GOODIES!!

planetshakers May 26, 2014 11:20 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 22925628)
But how do you make this redemption? Online? Or call up the call centre and give them your itinerary? Online can only enter maximum 3 sectors or is system generated itinerary.

Asiana A380 is for NRT-ICN?

TPE-HKG is EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet?

Which airlines are for the rest of sectors?

You can only call the canadian call center from their time 7am to 12am. CAD $30 per pax charges apply for phone booking. Use SKYPE or some other VOIP and top up some credits and call them. It took me 2 hours on the phone to complete the booking.

SIN-SGN SQ old Biz
SGN-TPE BR 777 Royal Laurel
TPE-NRT BR A330 Hello Kitty Premium Laurel
NRT-ICN OZ A380 Biz
ICN-TPE BR A330 Premium Laurel
TPE-HKG BR 747 Premium Laurel
HKG-BKK TG Economy
BKK-SIN SQ old Biz

Previously, wanted to book ANA NRT-PVG on 787 dreamliner biz but the it was too much of a hassle. Also, for HKG / HAN, if you want, you can try the BR MD90, its an experience not to be missed! :)

lsed May 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Anyone else moving overseas spending onto the UOB Visa Signature?

10X for non SGD Spending. I'm guessing this could be better than UOB PRVI if your monthly spending is between S$1 - 2K SGD worth

It's a Visa so the forex charges are lower, as well as being more widely accepted than AMEX.

Marsy May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 22927448)
Anyone else moving overseas spending onto the UOB Visa Signature?

10X for non SGD Spending. I'm guessing this could be better than UOB PRVI if your monthly spending is between S$1 - 2K SGD worth

It's a Visa so the forex charges are lower, as well as being more widely accepted than AMEX.

Yea I have been using that since last September

tboons May 26, 2014 4:44 pm

If I am doing Singapore-TPE-NRT-PVG-SIN on a selection of SQ/BR/ANA combination,

How many miles do I need?