Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Feb 9, 20, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by VikingRaider View Post
As regards the 'bonus' 8k points which some people received ... it was pretty obviously a mistake .
Given how many of their specialty surveys (videos of your face while youíre watching commercials for additional incentive, Ďget $50 in panel currency for a two week message board on designing the shoehorn of the futureí, some of the in-hone product tests) will have a perfectly normal several weeks lag before the incentive posts, if you do a lot of surveys and panels, you get a fair number of sudden balance jumps when those delayed things finally post.

When I see a big balance jump, my first assumption is that they did a sweep and Iím finally getting credit for stuff I did 6-10 weeks ago- I donít track that stuff too closely because in my experience that backlog does show up on its own time eventually
Old Feb 9, 20, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just redeemed for UA and IB. On both, inside 5 minutes, both times I was asked for code that they have sent to my mobile... really annoying. Is this really necessary, twice inside five minutes?
Old Feb 10, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I think they request it exactly if you redeem too often. On the account where I redeem once a month they requested it once in the beginning and no more.
Old Feb 10, 20, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I think they request it exactly if you redeem too often. On the account where I redeem once a month they requested it once in the beginning and no more.
Might be. I also redeemed 3 days before that with BA, and no code was requested. Too often is apparently more than one redeem per week.
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:03 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by mirror74 View Post
Might be. I also redeemed 3 days before that with BA, and no code was requested. Too often is apparently more than one redeem per week.
I was asked last year and it was super annoying. I don't have a US cell number so it didn't work. Mr.'s account was frozen because I used those virtual text services and they said they will re-open it when he has a US cell number. I think it's reasonable to send a code to the email address provided but a US cell phone number is too much.
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:39 pm

Well, they want to make sure you fit the profile - if they interview people in the US, and when you say you live in the US they want to make sure you are from the US.
It can be a fixed number, no need to be a cell number.
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:50 pm

Well, they want to make sure you fit the profile - if they interview people in the US, and when you say you live in the US they want to make sure you are from the US.
Well, that is all-righty. But, if they check my ATT mobile, and when I redeem again in 3 minutes, they have urgent need to check that same number again, this is useful for what? Have they all the sudden lost my mobile number (that they have checked just minutes ago) or think I have just been beamed to Indonesia? The only reason I can see is that they are trying to obstruct and annoy people from cashing in their legally earned dollars. Which is stupid, when you are getting 20+ surveys per day...
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:02 am

What if you moved out of the US and haven't used your points?
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:00 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

They know where you are- location of the server is a pretty good indicator. When traveling outside of the US I've gotten messages that I can't access a particular survey because I"m not in the US. (It's not perfect- I once had issues getting into a Fidelity account when in India and when I called they asked if I'd been in HK. I hadn't, but my employer had servers in HK.)

It's just another grab for information. It's one of the reasons I keep a landline as the equivalent of a spamcatcher e-mail address.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by mirror74 View Post
But, if they check my ATT mobile, and when I redeem again in 3 minutes, they have urgent need to check that same number again, this is useful for what? Have they all the sudden lost my mobile number (that they have checked just minutes ago)...
It may be lazy IT - they couldn't be bothered to write a timestamp or update a timestamp from the last time asked.
Old Feb 13, 20, 11:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Help. Privacy. Quote: "Please note, if you redeem more than one reward within 7 days, you may be asked to verify each transaction".
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Athena53 View Post
They know where you are- location of the server is a pretty good indicator. When traveling outside of the US I've gotten messages that I can't access a particular survey because I"m not in the US. (It's not perfect- I once had issues getting into a Fidelity account when in India and when I called they asked if I'd been in HK. I hadn't, but my employer had servers in HK.)

It's just another grab for information. It's one of the reasons I keep a landline as the equivalent of a spamcatcher e-mail address.
Well, you can fool them with a proxy server and pretend you are in a specific country (just like your example with HK, but deliberate). You can even use a site that receives SMS for free (if nobody has used it before, as the celular number must be unique).
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:44 am

Hertz

I've redeemed Hertz rewards "a zillion times" over the years. I've submitted twice for Hertz rewards recently, and each time after about a week, my e-reward points are returned to my account with the notation that the redemption "failed". Nothing has changed re my Hertz account, recently, versus over the years. I'm using the same Hertz number, same address, same name.

Anyone else experience similar re Hertz, recently?

Last edited by randix; Feb 14, 20 at 1:46 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:59 pm

Well, you can fool them with a proxy server and pretend you are in a specific country (just like your example with HK, but deliberate). You can even use a site that receives SMS for free (if nobody has used it before, as the celular number must be unique).
Tried the free SMS thing and it didn't work.
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:54 pm

No longer getting surveys

Hi All! Iím new to the forum but have been doing e-rewards surveys for awhile now. I go in spurts but recently have had a ton of downtime and were traveling soon so I ramped up the amount of surveys I take. Not sure if that triggered something, but I havenít received any surveys in over a week now. Iíve checked email and logged into the website.

Anyone else experienced this recently or just me?

My husband also decided heíd do surveys so I signed him up a few days ago and he hasnít received anything either.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: