Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Ms Jane Doe
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington DC

seems like a good address to give, doesn't it?
I'd be a little wary of that. If you gave them your real info at any time (and they do ask for it for Hilton- maybe to match against the account?) they can check. I know they've got mine because, as I noted earlier, I was getting surveys pre-populated with my name and address.

A year or so ago they closed my account- the reason was boilerplate but included possibly failing tests to see if I was paying attention, going through the surveys too quickly, providing conflicting information, etc. I protested and was reinstated. I try to be honest even when I know I'll get kicked out (no, I have no intention of ever buying a current model-year car again) because I know that their main product is a group of honest, thoughtful survey respondents. I'm a fast reader and I CAN legitimately speed through some questions- I'm retired, for example, so a question about whether I'm employed in any of 20 fields is a quick "None".

So, if the surveys want personally identifiable information I just skip them.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:31 am

Just redeemed for United miles. Checked my account and the miles posted instantly. At least that redemption still works like it always has.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
HHonours data point - redeemed 20/Dec, posted 8/Jan.

Good old days of real time postings are subjects of lore today.
We are at a point where I am going to say: At least the points came in!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
To be fair, on the bright site, I found that survey credits have been posting constantly and immediately. There used to be a frustrating lag time.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pointshogger
To be fair, on the bright site, I found that survey credits have been posting constantly and immediately. There used to be a frustrating lag time.
Agreed 100%. Sometimes I was left wondering if a credit was actually going to post, and then of course I'd forget to go back and check and had to trust that it actually did. Now the credits post instantly so it's easy to make sure they aren't cheating you!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Login issues resolved, but my friend is having issue a once redemption. Error message for any reward options.
It may be that his account is deactivated. After the new website I tried to log into my old deactivated account and succeeded. But I could not redeem from there, just gave an error message
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:22 pm

I did a quick search here, and didn't see this discussed in the past. Other than supposedly making one "feel good" (pleeze...), what on earth are the e-reward "achievement" levels, and do they offer any value? I've never paid any attention to them, really didn't know they existed, are they part of the "new reward" program? I see today i have "diamond" status, and despite my searching e-rewards help, it doesn't appear the various levels are "worth" anything, eg in extra points, etc. Anyone have more information?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by randix
I did a quick search here, and didn't see this discussed in the past. Other than supposedly making one "feel good" (pleeze...), what on earth are the e-reward "achievement" levels, and do they offer any value? I've never paid any attention to them, really didn't know they existed, are they part of the "new reward" program? I see today i have "diamond" status, and despite my searching e-rewards help, it doesn't appear the various levels are "worth" anything, eg in extra points, etc. Anyone have more information?
Personally I hope that it is mostly a skeleton elite program for now just to get the ball rolling. Once they invest more resources into it, I would hope to see a bigger difference.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:35 pm

SO happy today. Transferred Hilton Dec 27, points credited today Jan 14. Just under the 4-6 weeks disclaimer.
MAXII likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I'd been wondering what they did with all the "Answer these Questions to Find a New Survey" answers since they don't seem to serve any purpose in getting me more surveys for which I qualify. They're certainly collecting enough info about where I shop, what diseases I have or don't have, etc.

Yesterday I was asked to check off what stores I'd shopped at in the last 6 months. I checked off Kroger, among others. There are no Krogers anywhere near me but I was visiting family in SC last month.

Right after that my FB feed showed a Kroger ad. Yep, the information is all for sale.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
SO happy today. Transferred Hilton Dec 27, points credited today Jan 14. Just under the 4-6 weeks disclaimer.
My HH points also credited on Jan. 14 (I redeemed from e-rewards on Jan 3.) tls
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:32 pm

How about IHG? How long does it take for those now?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
I had one IHG submitted 2 weeks ago and still not credited. However, i did one yesterday and it was immediately credited. Go figure
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by honu
How about IHG? How long does it take for those now?
They have been instant for me for a few months now.

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
I had one IHG submitted 2 weeks ago and still not credited. However, i did one yesterday and it was immediately credited. Go figure
Make sure you receive the email confirmation, so then you can forward that for processing.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Athena53
Right after that my FB feed showed a Kroger ad. Yep, the information is all for sale.
Two major mistakes here: 1) using Facebook 2) not using an adblocker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.