Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Nov 3, 19, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by ShopAround View Post
See my comment in post #3893, five posts above yours.
Thanks totally missed that post.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:27 am

Programs: Avios, Flying Blue, Aeroplan
Avios "Out of Stock"

Afternoon all,

My e-Rewards Reward Centre is showing Avios as "Out of Stock", and offers no other options for redeeming my opinion points. Is this something that happens regularly, and they always come back in the end? Or have I just wasted hours of my life completing surveys that I'll never get Avios for?

Thanks in advance for any reassurance or reality checks!

Filbert
Old Nov 6, 19, 11:49 am

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire
Welcome to FlyerTalk, mrfilbert!

If you use the search this thread feature, you'll find many posts regarding Avios. Many of them are very old - I found 11 pages of them - so I'd recommend going to the last page and working your way back. This link should take you there: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sear...11&query=Avios

I have never redeemed for Avios but I know from reading this thread that many others have had various issues with them.
Old Nov 6, 19, 4:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I see out of stock too. But this almost never happened before with Avios, I just made a redemption 1 week ago and been doing it regularly for years...Hope they fix it soon.
On another account the Multiplus points have been out of stock for probably a year or more though...
Old Nov 6, 19, 7:56 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
While past performance is never a guaranteed predictor of future actions, e-rewards has typically given at least a month's notice of the loss of a major redemption partner and when your original partner has been permanently eliminated, other redemption offers have been substituted.
Old Nov 7, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
BA Avios is also "out of stock" - given that it is the ONLY redemption partner, it doesn't bode well.

As a side note - one account shows 3500 points -> 1000 Avios as max, another account shows 6500 -> 2000 Avios as max.

E-rewards is getting more and more of a scam, so I just try to cash out all points and begone.
Old Nov 8, 19, 7:02 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Looks like avios are back in stock, but the maximum quantity available is now 1000 avios instead of 2000...
Old Nov 8, 19, 7:33 pm

Invites Are Going Out - Travelzoo

Yay. Hubby received an invite link today. It was at the bottom of a Travelzoo email. He often just deletes the emails without reading them but this one was a specific offer of a golf card.

Email is targeted I believe as I didn't get it & I'm a Travelzoo member too.

Didn't purchase but signed up via link for erewards & completed a survey. No bonus but he sees Alaska, United & Hilton amongst a few others for his future redemptions.
Old Nov 8, 19, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Looks like avios are back in stock, but the maximum quantity available is now 1000 avios instead of 2000...
Not for me, IB+ and BA avios still display "out of stock"
Old Nov 12, 19, 12:54 pm

and worse, I cannot even connect to e-rewards (over VPN) - neither can awardwallet... I have 4k Avios worth of points now unreachable. Is it the much heralded "new" e-rewards? Total scam, stay away!

(and Hilton redemption from 20/Oct still not posting)
Old Nov 12, 19, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
My account and wife's account (both UK registered) now have the new site. I haven't looked around thoroughly, but the points balances look right and all redemption options are still there with the values unchanged. These were the 2 aspects I was most concerned about. I haven't tried to redeem so can't say if this is working. I clicked on one survey only to be told I didn't qualify for it, despite answering no questions, so it looks like the dodgy targetting remains, just with a slightly prettier site sitting behind it!
Old Nov 12, 19, 3:03 pm

Just done a redemption,but now you can only redeem for 1000 Avios at a time for 3500 points,so now 2000 Avios will cost 7000 points whereas before you could redeem 6500 points for 2000 Avios,effectively a 500 point increase needed
Old Nov 12, 19, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
Possible theory on the new redemption levels on the BA version - is it possible the amount increases to the old 6500/2000 avios after 30 days? It would certainly be vexing if there was a 1000 avios a month limit.
Old Nov 12, 19, 5:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Still on the old site and USA-based- United redemption today was instant like it usually is but BA and Iberia remain Out of Stock. Here's hoping BA comes back for me by the 25th when I'm set to redeem for Avios again
Old Nov 12, 19, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
Just done a redemption,but now you can only redeem for 1000 Avios at a time for 3500 points,so now 2000 Avios will cost 7000 points whereas before you could redeem 6500 points for 2000 Avios,effectively a 500 point increase needed
This has been the case for a while now (since the Avios scheme was folded - e-rewards made a sneaky devaluation then) It's not only 500 points more for 2k Avios, but in effect they cut the yearly early potential by 50% with the 30 days redemption interval in place. So a couple of years back it was 24k Avios/account/year for 78k points, lately it's been 12k Avios/account/year for 43k points.

Search this Thread