Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Nov 21, 19, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
Seems like redeeming for Avios is popular. Is this generally considered the best redemption in Erewards? I've been redeeming for United miles. Would love to hear why Avios is the best bang for the buck if that is in fact the case.
Avios can be a very good value for single segment short haul routes on BA and a few other partners like AA and I think Qantas and one of the big players in Japan. Not so much for connecting routes since their pricing is per flight segment and they bite you with hefty fees on long haul award tickets.

i think that the perceived popularity of Avios redemptions is because weíve got a lot of chatty Brits on FT

My redemption rotation is Alaska-BA-Flying Blue-United because it lets me build free miles in each major alliance (there are some useful sweet spots with FB for me and program changes in 2018 made it easier to keep miles from expiring) with Alaska as a wild card. BA actually isnít a great option where I live but I got that account first and didnít want to start over again with AA considering itís not my primary alliance group
Old Nov 21, 19, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Avios can be a very good value for single segment short haul routes on BA and a few other partners like AA and I think Qantas and one of the big players in Japan. Not so much for connecting routes since their pricing is per flight segment and they bite you with hefty fees on long haul award tickets.

i think that the perceived popularity of Avios redemptions is because weíve got a lot of chatty Brits on FT

My redemption rotation is Alaska-BA-Flying Blue-United because it lets me build free miles in each major alliance (there are some useful sweet spots with FB for me and program changes in 2018 made it easier to keep miles from expiring) with Alaska as a wild card. BA actually isnít a great option where I live but I got that account first and didnít want to start over again with AA considering itís not my primary alliance group
I would agree with this. Of the e-rewards airline partners, BA is popular due to the sheer number of routes available to people flying from the UK (especially London), covering short-haul and long-haul options.
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
The new "Premium" survey offers sure seem to be worthless to us (wife and I) so far. We have both received 6/7 "Premium" offers (although I don't know why a $1.50 survey would be Premium) and so far we have never got beyond the first screen before we were routed to a different survey. As a side note I now have 3 pending issues with e-Rewards with surveys freezing on the last page - "Survey complete, so you have any comments (optional)" - and when you click next there is no next. I had a high dollar two part survey yesterday, got the survey complete notice but it said I had been "re-routed" to a different place because something went wrong and nothing was credited. I have screen shots etc on all of them so just have to wait out the customer service built in delays hoping I'll just go away :-)
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Seems like redeeming for Avios is popular. Is this generally considered the best redemption in Erewards? I've been redeeming for United miles. Would love to hear why Avios is the best bang for the buck if that is in fact the case.
BA Avios is $35/1000. United MP is $50/1000. My redemptions on both put those two currencies at similar value, so paying 43% more for UA MP miles doesn't make sense to me. (While I value them about the same, their uses are very different. Avios is only worthwhile for direct flights under 2000 miles, while MP is best for multiple connections over long distances.)
Old Nov 22, 19, 5:59 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat 75/LTG
Does anyone have any inside information on the changes coming to Erewards (there was an email that went out awhile back and the site now says "our all new site lands soon")? I'm worried that the changes will reduce the quality of the rewards and whether I should try and spend what I have stocked up now (about $900) or just keep going slowly with a monthly redemption.
I think most of us would advise that if you've got $900 saved up, you should start spending them IMMEDIATELY! (caps for emphasis). This long thread is filled with sad stories from people who found their accounts locked and closed (some because they abused, others for mysterious reasons) and their e-rewards currency gone forever. It doesn't pay to keep your bank full, because unlike real money, there is no "deposit insurance" and no recourse if it goes away.

FTF
randix and jamesteroh like this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 9:23 am

I have stocked up now (about $900).
Are you a regular reader of this thread? If so, guess you don't believe lightening can strike you, regardless if you [think you] cross your t's and dot your i's...
Old Nov 23, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, Hertz Five Star, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton
Originally Posted by bj2757 View Post
The new "Premium" survey offers sure seem to be worthless to us (wife and I) so far. We have both received 6/7 "Premium" offers (although I don't know why a $1.50 survey would be Premium) and so far we have never got beyond the first screen before we were routed to a different survey. )
+1 here. After a half dozen emailed offers I have still not been given the opportunity to complete a single Premium survey.

And in a similar vein, here's a totally outrageous screw up from SSI Surveys. I was taking a survey on Home & Family, which turned out to be questions about the purchase of entertainment-branded merchandise, i.e. T-shirts with Marvel or Disney characters on them. After truthfully indicating that I had not purchased any of these items, the next screen said "The R qualified for the terminate in the previous question and however the R will be allowed to continue the survey till the end of the screener questions and terminated at the end of the screener." Meaning we've already disqualified this guy, but we'll just let him answer the remaining screener questions anyway. Out of curiosity I answered the next few, and after each answer the same screen showed up. So essentially they are admitting (in fractured English) that they're going to waste your time answering questions with no chance of qualifying for the survey. Just wow.
bj2757 and allturnleft like this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post

(and Hilton redemption from 20/Oct still not posting)
I'm in a similar situation ... has anyone had any Hilton points posted recently ?
Old Nov 24, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by VikingRaider View Post
I'm in a similar situation ... has anyone had any Hilton points posted recently ?
Nope Have been waiting (impatiently) over a month.
Old Nov 24, 19, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey View Post
Nope Have been waiting (impatiently) over a month.
Me too. Into the 5th week of waiting😱
Old Nov 25, 19, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
I'd already received my 1000 avios into my BAEC account, and everything looks fine for the 2000 so fingers crossed.
Did the 2nd 2000 post? (after the 1000)

Im still waiting
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by allturnleft View Post
Did the 2nd 2000 post? (after the 1000)

Im still waiting
Not yet, but it usually takes a little while. Would expect them by midweek.
Old Nov 25, 19, 4:27 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer View Post
It doesn't pay to keep your bank full, because unlike real money, there is no "deposit insurance" and no recourse if it goes away.
Plus, many of the rewards are limited.

e.g. If you want to transfer "$900" to Avios, it'll take 26 months from whenever they make Avios available again, assuming you transfer exactly on the right day.
Old Nov 25, 19, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by MAXII View Post
Me too. Into the 5th week of waiting😱
I've been waiting since Sept 29th
Old Nov 26, 19, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
Not yet, but it usually takes a little while. Would expect them by midweek.
Arrived this morning. So that's 5000 avios in one calendar month over the change period, which I'm very happy with.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: