Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Feb 4, 20, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek View Post
Alaska airlines posted instantly into my account last week when I redeemed 2000 miles.
Thanks for the info. I will wait for eReward's clarification to confirm his account is not temporary blocked then do the redemption.
To be fair, while eReward has made everything harder now, their CS responses so far have been relatively timely, like in 48 hours. They also are willing to give credit on technical issues that caused a survey failed after you already spent 15 or more minutes on it then the thing suddenly errored out - happened a few times in past several months. But once reported, they posted the credit manually.

UPDATE
Finally succeeded in redeeming 2000 AS miles. Yes the posting is instant!

Last edited by Happy; Feb 5, 20 at 10:09 am
Old Feb 5, 20, 5:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ankomonkey View Post
2 UK accounts (mine and wife's) - both have increased points balances today. When I checked redemption history, a number in each account are marked as "Failed" and the points have been refunded. I don't keep strict records, but I'm pretty sure some but not all were successful redemptions with points received in Iberia and Hilton.
There's something up. I made a Hilton redemption a couple of days ago, got the confirmation email, and it's currently in Pending status. I wasn't paying close attention so can't be sure, but I don't think my points balance went down.
Old Feb 5, 20, 6:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
I think I also got the false transaction failure refund as well. At the time, I thought that balance had jumped because they’d done a sweep of things that didn’t properly credit and were fixing that (I seen to get mystery point jumps from that a few times a year) but the amount matches 2x2000 Avios transaction now showing as failed rather than pending and which had credited as pending
Old Feb 5, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
There's something up. I made a Hilton redemption a couple of days ago, got the confirmation email, and it's currently in Pending status. I wasn't paying close attention so can't be sure, but I don't think my points balance went down.
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I think I also got the false transaction failure refund as well. At the time, I thought that balance had jumped because they’d done a sweep of things that didn’t properly credit and were fixing that (I seen to get mystery point jumps from that a few times a year) but the amount matches 2x2000 Avios transaction now showing as failed rather than pending and which had credited as pending
Of the 2 accounts I mentioned as having in our household, one that had a "failed" redemption and additional points refunded, I immediately redeemed to IHG. My e-rewards account was debited 10k and my IHG account had the points minutes later. So I may have scored here . The other account only has frequency-restricted redemption partners available so I was unable to empty it quickly

Last edited by ankomonkey; Feb 5, 20 at 9:49 am
Old Feb 5, 20, 11:04 am

Programs: Gold: AFKL. Silver: BA. Other: VS, LH. Hilton Silver, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Silver
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I made the same assumption and spent the points. I never noticed the "failed" messages until I read this thread.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Member Adjustment

Several times in the last few months, including today, I have received additional credits called "Member Adjustment" to my account. Three have been around $23 each and one was over $80. They aren't credit from a dispute since I've resolved those and received the credits. My wife has never received one on her account that is as active as mine. Anyone know what this represents?
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by bj2757 View Post
Several times in the last few months, including today, I have received additional credits called "Member Adjustment" to my account. Three have been around $23 each and one was over $80. They aren't credit from a dispute since I've resolved those and received the credits. My wife has never received one on her account that is as active as mine. Anyone know what this represents?
My wife had one of these about 6 months ago. I've never had one. Still no idea why she got it, but was happy to spend the points . I took it as a return for all the time wasted with late disqualifications and surveys that didn't post and e-rewards Support wouldn't pay out.
Old Feb 8, 20, 12:10 am

I had the additional points so I quickly cashed them in,6000 Avios.Just looked at my balance and I have a minus balance on my e rewards account .Strangely the reward history shows a far greater number of minus entries than add up to the minus balance shown
no points have been credited to my BA account,but it has only been a few days since since I claimed them.
Old Feb 8, 20, 7:16 am

As regards the 'bonus' 8k points which some people received ... it was pretty obviously a mistake so anyone who quickly spent them and now has a negative balance has only themselves to blame ... its probably quite likely that e-Rewards monitor threads such as this so in all probability the fact that people posted about it is why it was reversed ... sometimes its better to keep quite for a while and see what happens.
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Feb 8, 20, 7:35 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
I had the additional points so I quickly cashed them in,6000 Avios.Just looked at my balance and I have a minus balance on my e rewards account .Strangely the reward history shows a far greater number of minus entries than add up to the minus balance shown
no points have been credited to my BA account,but it has only been a few days since since I claimed them.
How can you cash in 6000 avios, aren't they once every 30 days?
Old Feb 8, 20, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Earlier this week my account had $100 more than it should have, even though my last redemption--$100 Hilton--went through. I tried to spend it, but everything I wanted can't be redeemed yet due to restrictions of how often they can be redeemed. This morning the extra $100 is gone. Now I'm glad I didn't spend it.
Old Feb 8, 20, 7:54 am

How can you cash in 6000 avios, aren't they once every 30 days?
cashed in 2000 which was less than 30 days since the last day,then the next day made two more of 2000,then it said limit exceeded.No idea how or why.
As far as Viking Raiders comments,I feel that over the years I (and many others,just read through this forum)have been screwed out of many points(surveys saying not eligible after completing 80/90%,points not posting at all,I am currently waiting for 875 to post for two months which e rewards keep saying they are looking into it) that I have no problem in trying to take any advantage.If the Avios do not post,I will not complain or worry
Old Feb 8, 20, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
I have a very similar situation in my account. Last week, I redeemed $65 for BA Avios, and now my account is $24 in the negative. Bizarre.
Old Feb 8, 20, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
My thoughts exactly, would have preferred the glitch to be low key,. Even though they may have figured it out anyway. They definitely monitor this thread.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 9, 20, 1:34 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by pointshogger View Post
My thoughts exactly, would have preferred the glitch to be low key,. Even though they may have figured it out anyway. They definitely monitor this thread.
Beginner’s mistake to advertise on public fora mistakes in favor of consumer. There will always be beginners, unfortunately.

PS I don’t think this forum is high enough profile to be worth monitoring
pointshogger likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: