Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by neuromancer
To get those options you need to sign up through Hertz or a hotel partner, in the U.S. (Otherwise Hertz does not appear). I don't think Hertz offers invitations, but Accor and Choice do, on their websites.
How does the points transfer between Hertz accounts work? Need to call or can be done with an email?
I was just kind of skimming the info-

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...e=GPR_FAQs.jsp

Can I Transfer Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points?

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points can be transferred to a spouse or domestic partner, as long as he/she is a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Member who permanently resides at the same address as the primary car renter. However, you cannot transfer Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points for redemption towards an airline, hotel, or Amtrak account that is in someone else's name (including, but not limited to, a spouse or domestic partner.)

What if my spouse or domestic partner is not a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member?

The spouse/domestic partner should sign up for a fee-waived Gold membership via hertz.com. Once completed, you must wait 48 hours before calling the Awards Desk to transfer points. Transferring of points cannot be done without waiting the 48 hours.
So Hertz is lumped with the airlines for 'Transportation'? Accor or Choice (good number of locations near US National Parks + Scandinavia and currently unlimited redemption) would probably be the best for his/our needs then because it would supplement what I earn and give us All The Airlines plus Hertz.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by odin99
is it me or did Wyndham change from 1 redemption / mo to unlimited? i don't remember it always being unlimited.

welp, i just got an email announcement:

"We’re writing to let you know about an upcoming change in the reward options available to our members. As of December 30th, 2016, we will no longer be offering Wyndham rewards"
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I was just kind of skimming the info-

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...e=GPR_FAQs.jsp

So Hertz is lumped with the airlines for 'Transportation'? Accor or Choice (good number of locations near US National Parks + Scandinavia and currently unlimited redemption) would probably be the best for his/our needs then because it would supplement what I earn and give us All The Airlines plus Hertz.
I think Hertz is separate, not with airlines nor with hotels and always appears, if your account is in the US. Just if you want several airlines, you must sign up through a hotel program (or probably through Hertz, but they don't have invitations at the moment)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:26 am

Has anyone else had issues with the screen flashing and saying "Important Note Regarding Pop Up Blockers..." after hitting Find Survey or a link from an email. I'm having this issue across all browsers and in the Mobile App. Pop Up Blockers are off for the site.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:39 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Has anyone else had issues with the screen flashing and saying "Important Note Regarding Pop Up Blockers..." after hitting Find Survey or a link from an email. I'm having this issue across all browsers and in the Mobile App. Pop Up Blockers are off for the site.
Yes. You are not alone. Issue is with both PC laptop and Android phone.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Yes. You are not alone. Issue is with both PC laptop and Android phone.
Happening to me too.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
IHG Spire with Erewards

I was able to just top 75,000 points in my IHG account from Erewards. This grants Spire status and with it the right to claim 25,000 bonus IHG points.

That makes this the best use of Erewards in my opinion. Highest status in the IHG program and 100,000 points (75,000 + 25,000 bonus) for $1,890 in Erewards currency. I averaged a little over $175 in Erewards per month so far this year, so I made enough with time to spare.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Happening to me too. I submitted a support ticket yesterday asking them to disable the screening page the URL suggests their system is trying to display. No response yet.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Happening to me too. I submitted a support ticket yesterday asking them to disable the screening page the URL suggests their system is trying to display. No response yet.
Glad to hear it isn't just me :-)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:57 am

Holiday Bonus

Did anyone see their bonus posted yet?

From the email:

'Your bonus will be determined by the number of surveys you fully complete by November 30, 2016, with the bonus amount not to exceed $10.00 in e-Rewards Currency. You will receive your bonus by December 16, 2016'
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
From an US e-rewards account, the redemption rates into BA and IB are nearly identical, but you'll probably find the $35 monthly cap for BA limiting. If you generate enough e-rewards, better to redeem into both IB and BA (also Avios.com, although redemptions into this partner have been iffy this month - 30 day calendar won't reset), and pool all those avios into one BA household account. While household accounts don't allow transfers, you can get around it with an Avios account, or by inviting/delisting household members at redemption/transfer time.
I do not believe that e-rewards will allow you to redeem both BA and Avios.com during the same 30-day period. That might explain why your Avios 30-day calendar "won't reset."
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I do not believe that e-rewards will allow you to redeem both BA and Avios.com during the same 30-day period. That might explain why your Avios 30-day calendar "won't reset."
Hm, interesting. My original try last month was successful (simultaneous redemptions to Avios, BA, and IB), but this month I could indeed not get both Avios and BA redemptions. I did not see anything in the T&C about this limitation.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
It was most certainly allowed before. Right now I've redemptions to both Avios.com and Iberia and they are taking more tnan a week to post...
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:06 pm

Is there a maximum number of United MileagePlus miles you can redeem E-Rewards points for during a calendar year?

Next year, I want to try and accumulate enough E-Rewards currency to get as much as 20,000 MileagePlus miles (which is doable even with the redemption limit of once every 30 days). But is there a maximum limit you can redeem for?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
United is one per 30 days as you said, so 2,000 (highest redemption amount for them) x 12 or 24K in a year for e-Rewards. You can pick up a few thousand more through e-miles and MyPoints, and, if you really like surveys, another 150-250 miles a day with Opinion Miles Club.

United is kind of the call girl for US-based frequent flyer programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.